Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Yusuf Trevez

One of the best concepts I’ve seen posted… good luck!!!:buttrock:

Amazing that it is Photoshop, i could swear it was painter!

I’m glad to see you’re making progress, i’ts gonna be great… you deserve all this buzz buddy.:thumbsup:

haha that’s pretty damn hallerious. good job here. ill keep an eye out on this one. i love it.

Your style exudes energy and character. Wonderful stuff. Great concept, and it works on many levels. The environmental degridation would work wonderfully, as a contrast to all the bright colors. It would nicely work to draw the viewers eye across the canvas.

Ste7enL, SteevieWoo, morene and Slav, I don’t know what to say. Thanks guys, I’m humbled by your great comments, so I’ve been working hard for the past few days. Now I feel like I really can’t mess up, with all you guys’ help and support, i hope I can make it.

Your style exudes energy and character. Wonderful stuff. Great concept, and it works on many levels. The environmental degridation would work wonderfully, as a contrast to all the bright colors. It would nicely work to draw the viewers eye across the canvas.

Ste7enL, thanks a lot man! I’ll be waiting for your c&c on that, I really appreciate your kind words, all of you…

now time to upload…

Here is the 3rd color version. This is the hardest phase in the illustration for me, right after I have the basic color and lighting. I’m very indecisive at these times, and my workflow slows down drastically, anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is, I could use all the help I can get. All c&c are most appreciated as always. Thanks

Oh, I know what you are through!

I’m far from that stage of my work just yet, but i know it will come and hit me hard…
MMMM… i would go any of two ways: Deal with the farest part of it (being the sky), look for juicy photo reference, relax and get into it with a very smooth, low opacitity brush. Skies are like that, and is hard to go wrong being at this advanced stage. just think fluffy!

The other could be to go with the nearest thing (the fading bird in the front), you got it already, so, how much more you work on it depends on you, but in times like this, somethimes i like to sink into detail and texture, and ignore the rest for a while.

BY the way (it will probably not help much, cause’ it’s too close) i’d like to show you the most amazing forest fire picture i’ve ever seen, (just in case you haven’t seen it). and read the text below it that gives credit to the guy who snaped it!!
http://www.missico.com/personal/tidbits/bitterroot_national_forest_fire.htm

SteevieWoo, thank you for your suggestions and support, I’ll certainly make use of them. I’ve downloaded the picture, you’re right man, this is an amazing fire picture! And it gave me some ideas too actually. Even though my fire is much more far away in the scene, I’m sure I’ll be using some of the information I see in this picture, thanks again.

[left]sooo twisted and funny! (ahhh where would the world be without farts? :twisted: )

Your drawing is great - the facial expressions are totally convincing!

Gord
[/left]

Gord, thanks a lot for your positive feedback! It means a lot. Now, time to paint until 7 in the morning…

Coming along well.My only suggestion wud be to keep the lower torso as it is and moving the upper torso of the guy slightly towards the camera.Its just an opinion.otherwise I liked the concept,sketch and colors.I will follow ur thread buddy.Best of luck

CUBISIS Coming along well.My only suggestion wud be to keep the lower torso as it is and moving the upper torso of the guy slightly towards the camera.Its just an opinion.otherwise I liked the concept,sketch and colors.I will follow ur thread buddy.Best of luck

Thanks man, I appreciate your insights.

I considered what u said, I think I’m happy with the whole pose at this point actually. Also, I’m so far in the painting, I’d have to have a very good reason to repaint the character’s body. But again, I really appreciate your c&c, they are keeping me checked

CUBISIS,

well now you got me thinking, i couldnt pass on that idea, so i sketced it roughly. It would be nice to hear a few opinions about this…

I still feel like I should go with the old one. Though it’d be nice to hear what other people think. New one is the wider torso…

wide torso is OK, goes better with the design of the body.:shrug:

I guess you guys are right. Wide it is then, now I’m liking it better too, especially the shape of the neck muscle.

Thanks guys! that was one nice touch…

I wanted to post some details I’ve been working on. I didn’t want to post the whole image until there is a considerable amount of difference from the previous one. I can say that lighting keeps getting better overall, slowly but surely…

I appreciate all c&c, details are about 30-40% in size…

I think there is enough progress to show… At least I’ve been painting a lot.

his body gave me a really hard time but I think I’m on the right track now. c&c are welcome.

Hey hede, buddy, good to see your new post!
It’s looking great! i think you’re beyond any failure now, and i really wish i was that advanced on my own piece right now! weew!
The sky looks great. I know you’re into detail now and thats important too!
Just By the way, amazing how you pulled out the volume in that wacky body position:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i’d have to disagree with steeviewoo on the sky bit. to me it looks kind of mono tone and almost lifeless. i think some more color would do it good no just a stright flat blue color that gets lighter towards the horizon. but hey just an idea :stuck_out_tongue: the characters are awesome. nothing to say there.