Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Tiziano Baracchi

This is a great piece! Wonderful composition, colors and concept. I love it! BRAVISSIMO! Good luck!

Thank you, and best of luck to you too! :slight_smile:

simply beautiful.

Thank you, Gilles.

Hi Tiziano,

Congratulations on the freelance work and on being selected for inclusion in Exotique 3.

You recommended to someone else to use Smart FTP, I was not thrilled with the FTP software I had been using so I gave it a try and found it works great! Thanks to the tip.

Thank you, Ralph! :slight_smile:

I’m glad I was of some help, Smart FTP has been the first I tried and I haven’t seen any reason to change, yet. :wink:

Ah, here it is! :slight_smile:

I’ve seen your entry in your portfolio (and CGTalks, of course) and it’s really nice to see all the detail images, but the step-by-step here is wonderful. Best of luck with the judging!

P.S. the piece seems to have been somehow overlooked in CGTalk and I wonder why, possibly it was posted too early? It definitely isn’t a matter of quality…

Hi Tiziano!!!Hey, sorry couldn’t be in here some more man.You did once again a huge pic here man and I congrat you on finishing man!.I wish you all the best and really hope to find you back again next time!Cheers Tiziano
:beer:

Thank you, haijin. Yes, I probably posted it too early (at least I hope that’s the reason :wink: ), lesson learned for next time. :slight_smile:

Hey, OKMER! Don’t worry, pal I know how it is when RL gets in the way, I too had no way to be as socially active on the forums as I should have liked…:slight_smile:

I’m very sorry that you couldn’t finish your entry, both ideas were really great. I do hope very much that you’ll finish them anyway for your portfolio, they are too good to be wasted.

Here’s to next time :beer:, count on it!

P.S. sorry for the delay in answering, I tried a few times but the site was terribly sluggish.

Sorry for not posting earlier. Definitely one of my favorites! I love the sketch of the scout and the final render of the Scout. The shell hats are awesome and I love the attention to detail on the camo suits. I especially loved the expressions on the faces of the gladiators.

2 Thumbs up! You’ve got me wanting for more of the fairy wars, especially the scout.

Two questions:

What was your inspiration for the characters and the idea of Vintage Fairies vs. Moth-Fairy Commandos?

Also, how long did it take you from initial sketches to final render?

Keep up the excellent work. Hope to see more from you soon!

–Ruy Delgado–

Hello, Ruy! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for writing, I’m really glad that you like this piece.

Question one… well, I wanted to paint an action scene with a lot of characters, and the commando fairies were an old idea of mine that I hadn’t put to paper (or pixels) yet.
It was born of a ‘surfait of fairies’ so to speak, when, sometime ago they had become the rage and rampaged through every art-gallery in sight, I somewhat was tired of seeing vintage fairies or big-eyed fairies everywhere and thought of a ‘though’ alternative, wild commando-style moth-fairies.

Question two, difficult to say, really. I took advantage of the Challenge’s long deadline, but while working on this piece I also did some industry work and a couple of private commissions.

Hope to see you around in the new Challenge!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.