Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Tiziano Baracchi

I too need a commando fairy burst of green!

Icedeyes, thank you, George. :slight_smile: You have been a constant support and great help, I’m really happy you like the final result. Thanks for the good wishes! I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but however it goes this has been a hugely enjoyable ride.

Korendo, I’ll have a ‘friendly’ chat with the commando sarge and see if I can arrange an airborne drop, just give me the precise coordinated of the target. :wink:

Oh, to again bask in a wave of green, after sitting in a cesspool all day one needs to get back to nature. The commando airdrop should be at “Superfund Site 12” near Grace Land of course.

Copy, ready for airdrop at specified coordinates, commando out.

Investigation of non-national commandos on U.S. soil

Agent Larry - It looks like the fairies were massacred here. (Picking up commando fairy rifle)

Agent Curly - Hey Moe look at the Nerf ball (squeezing the ball it explodes covering Moe with green goo)

Agent Moe – Why you pudding head! (Bonk! Pushes Curley who falls into Larry discharging the commando fairy rifle, blowing off a three inch wide swath of hair of the top of Moe’s head)

Exit scene as Agent Moe chases the other two agents.

Agent Larry - It looks like the fairies were massacred here. (Picking up commando fairy rifle)

Not so fast… theese faeries are masters in misdirection tactics: watch your back ! :smiley:

BTW, I saw the preview of the new Exotique 3 and that you are in with your “Elven Scout”: congratulations for a beautifull piece inside an awesome book ! :applause:

Hey Tiziano! The final is gorgeous! Just wanted to wish you luck in the judging stage. Also, congrats for making it into Exotique 3! That book is really suited for your ‘body of work’ (pun intended). :slight_smile:

LOL! Yes, those fairies are more cunning that they look, I’d suggest the three agents to watch their backs and look above as well.

Thanks for the congratulations, folks! It was really a giddy moment when the announcement e-mail arrived (compounded by the fact that just the evening before I had landed my first free-lancing job in the industry…).

I’m still excited, a bit scared (since I feel I’ve definitely to remain up to par, now) and still ‘in seventh Heaven’ as we say in Italy (I think it’s ‘on cloud 9’ in the U.S.). I can’t wait to hold the book…

This is a great piece! Wonderful composition, colors and concept. I love it! BRAVISSIMO! Good luck!

Thank you, and best of luck to you too! :slight_smile:

simply beautiful.

Thank you, Gilles.

Hi Tiziano,

Congratulations on the freelance work and on being selected for inclusion in Exotique 3.

You recommended to someone else to use Smart FTP, I was not thrilled with the FTP software I had been using so I gave it a try and found it works great! Thanks to the tip.

Thank you, Ralph! :slight_smile:

I’m glad I was of some help, Smart FTP has been the first I tried and I haven’t seen any reason to change, yet. :wink:

Ah, here it is! :slight_smile:

I’ve seen your entry in your portfolio (and CGTalks, of course) and it’s really nice to see all the detail images, but the step-by-step here is wonderful. Best of luck with the judging!

P.S. the piece seems to have been somehow overlooked in CGTalk and I wonder why, possibly it was posted too early? It definitely isn’t a matter of quality…

Hi Tiziano!!!Hey, sorry couldn’t be in here some more man.You did once again a huge pic here man and I congrat you on finishing man!.I wish you all the best and really hope to find you back again next time!Cheers Tiziano
:beer:

Thank you, haijin. Yes, I probably posted it too early (at least I hope that’s the reason :wink: ), lesson learned for next time. :slight_smile:

Hey, OKMER! Don’t worry, pal I know how it is when RL gets in the way, I too had no way to be as socially active on the forums as I should have liked…:slight_smile:

I’m very sorry that you couldn’t finish your entry, both ideas were really great. I do hope very much that you’ll finish them anyway for your portfolio, they are too good to be wasted.

Here’s to next time :beer:, count on it!

P.S. sorry for the delay in answering, I tried a few times but the site was terribly sluggish.

Sorry for not posting earlier. Definitely one of my favorites! I love the sketch of the scout and the final render of the Scout. The shell hats are awesome and I love the attention to detail on the camo suits. I especially loved the expressions on the faces of the gladiators.

2 Thumbs up! You’ve got me wanting for more of the fairy wars, especially the scout.

Two questions:

What was your inspiration for the characters and the idea of Vintage Fairies vs. Moth-Fairy Commandos?

Also, how long did it take you from initial sketches to final render?

Keep up the excellent work. Hope to see more from you soon!

–Ruy Delgado–

Hello, Ruy! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for writing, I’m really glad that you like this piece.

Question one… well, I wanted to paint an action scene with a lot of characters, and the commando fairies were an old idea of mine that I hadn’t put to paper (or pixels) yet.
It was born of a ‘surfait of fairies’ so to speak, when, sometime ago they had become the rage and rampaged through every art-gallery in sight, I somewhat was tired of seeing vintage fairies or big-eyed fairies everywhere and thought of a ‘though’ alternative, wild commando-style moth-fairies.

Question two, difficult to say, really. I took advantage of the Challenge’s long deadline, but while working on this piece I also did some industry work and a couple of private commissions.

Hope to see you around in the new Challenge!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.