Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: neville dsouza

its funny becausei dont remember if said this before. but i realy like the splatter! if i did then sorry but yea. i felt like you should know.

Hey Neville, :eek: I can only say … this is FANTASTIC MAGIC my dear friend !! Great and beautiful encore for the amazing and superb magic show my dear great magician !! :bowdown: (I 'm a very happy child, thanks!!:slight_smile: )

Inspired by “Memoirs of a Geisha” and “Ugly Betty”, songs by Jamelia “Something about you”, George Micheal “Flawless” & Christina Aguilera “Beautiful”, i dedicate this piece to all those people who have no friends, who feel they have nothing to live for just because they look or act differently, who think that they need to become the ‘other’ people in order to fit in …

… all this … just stop! even if you are flawed, even if then think you are strange … in the end, remember who you are …

read on my friends … :wink:

• hello neville, thank you for your interview. Last night you attended POSE magazine’s much awaited fashion show! do tell us what was it like?

Clearly for POSE magazine itself, it was a night to remember! when it came to originality, style and of course… beauty, they’ve always made it to the front page of every magazine, especially Fashion Extraordinaire.You know, they are very particular about their shows,
everything from lighting, colour, mood etc. they couldn’t afford to risk anything at all, like if anything went wrong or something didn’t go according to plan … totally unacceptable! … But, this time, someone decided to do just that! risk it all … literally strike a pose on the catwalk!

• Interesting … and who is this ‘someone?’

Sighhh … That’s a million dollar question …
… she is Celine … yeah … she’s very special, but not in everyone’s eyes. She was pushed around, ignored, overworked, nobody took care of her.
But, she continued working for POSE magazine against all odds. She was at every model’s beck and call … do this … do that … even insulted!

• That’s really bad, i’m sorry to hear that… but i can’t help but wonder about something … you mentioned earlier that she wanted to risk everything … just to pose on the catwalk? … that’s kind of strange don’t you think? was she a model?

No … not at all … ironically … that’s the beauty of it all! she wanted to live the moment … feel what had to be felt! as i said before, it was a
risk she was willing to take! which as a matter of fact, she did! … just before the show could end, before the last model could go in, celine just
stopped whatever she was doing and started to make her way toward the bright lights, the music, the crowd! she just wanted to feel like or very much be … a supermodel!

• Gosh! go on … go on … what happened next?!

Just as she stepped out, complete silence! all eyes on celine! everyone was shocked! she looked around, confused … frozen … it was now or never, the only thing left to do was to move forward, better to lose her job with dignity rather in fear and disgrace! she started off with her first few steps, still not making any connection with the crowd … suddenly, the music was back on! … but hey! a different track
altogether! she was wondering what in the world is going on?! everyone was looking at each other, and then back at her again! nodding their heads, clapping a little … they were beginning to accept her! … the music started to grow stronger and stronger after each and every step! if i remember correctly … i think they’re were playing ’ something about you ’ by jamelia … it was amazing!

• haha…yeah!! that truly is amazing! and what about the other models? they must’ve been wondering what was going on!

Oh yes! … they weren’t happy at all! more like she stole their thunder! hahahaha … but they deserved it! she pretty much shocked them the most, on a much more higher note … she pretty much shocked POSE magazine! who immediately decided to fire her for her so called
act! they didn’t want her to shine at all, she was just regarded as something that was kept aside, not to be looked at. On the other hand, I guess the crowd saw true beauty for what it really is, no one can take that away from her.

• magical! wish i was there to see her too!

You will … all in its artistic wonder! this experience will be perfect for CGsociety’s Strange Behaviour Challenge!

• That’s fantastic! … it’ll be like a dedication to her! i can’t wait to see all the people and obviously … her as well!

yes! … that’s the idea … but, people won’t be people, they’ll be depicted as robots.

• Oh ok, why so?

actually, i don’t want to show the same old scene with human models and human crowd, something different is needed, like mechanical beauty and human emotions being exploited.

• human emotions being exploited? please elaborate …

well, have you wondered, how we humans radically choose the ones we should like or be with by keeping the first basic condition in place … looks …
Whenever there’s a newcomer at college or at our workplace, we always tend to think … what’s she like? he doesn’t talk much … she looks wierd! … he’s so geeky! … eeek! he smells!! … or the best yet …
“hey! bet 10 bucks you can’t get a date with her tonight!” with the fact that you’re so ugly that you certainly won’t get a date but owe your
pal 10 bucks… and oh! … he knew that along …

To be very honest, we do consider these people ‘strange’, always wondering how they were born to look that way or how they seem to act that way too. But, the bottom line is, Why can’t we see them for ‘themselves’ and not for ourselves. I think, we’re ones who are strange enough to think like that.

• i see … that is something to think about … in fact, maybe that’s how the world is … strange? … anyways … what became of Celine? sure, the crowd admired her and all, but what happened … after that?

I think so too, we need to try and see things for what they really are and not pass it off as something that is unworthy of anything. And as for our Celine … yes, that’s right … this was her wish … her moment … her night … the night everyone saw her in raw form, the way she really is … what she is … the night she finally lost her job … but it was that very night she became … “the SHOWSTOPPER!”

• wow! … didn’t see that one coming! frankly, i don’t know how Fashion Extraordinaire will react to all this … but, i’d say they’ll be totally inhuman to miss out on something so profound! a major turning point to be exact!

neville … my thanks and best wishes to you! looking forward to our next meet.

Thank you! the pleasure was all mine :slight_smile:

The end.

" it’s the little things that matter "

Working on this piece taught me a lot about patience, understanding and most of all, the power to do what’s right against all odds.
As far as 'the showstopper" is concerned, I tried to make all the elements speak for themselves, meerly to reflect on how many of us have lived through such instances in our lives and that we can make a difference if we just try.

A little bit goes a long way! …

… no matter how strange it will all be.

I thank all my friends who stuck by me thick and thin! your suggestions and constant encouragement kept me going further and further! but most of all, i thank God! who (touchwood) helped me a lot! even when i was down … :frowning:

vivek(vivudude), sameer(sam4grafix), veerendra(Veeroo18), celine(nerdyninja), Gabriel(SteevieWoo), yusuf(Jeffparadox), Remko(Okmer), Y.Soner(Ashiataka), kamal(Hiun), timur(Greatto), constantine(Conkrys), martin(MartinNielsen), alex(Bandro), mark(Mdavid), alexandra(Musi),
bobby(Digital-bobert), fernando(Ferx), slav(Slav), jack(JackZhang), john(Js3d), thiago(TM-Oliveira), gert(Obigert), alon(AlonChou), axel(AxelAlonso), george(Icedeyes)blaz(NinjaA55N), raffy(IDEYEAAH), mathias(guterrez), tiziano(Thaldir), doug(DougFerreira),
al-Haitham(Jassar), david(Pseudomodeling), gonzalo(gG), steven(Handlebar), linda(Ivy00), alwyn(Neubius), fabio(Oz), Gilles(Gpepper), lorenz(Hideyoshi)…

and all the other memebers! (really sorry if i’ve forgotten any :frowning: ) i thank you all once again! you guys rock the house! wishing you all the very best for this challenge! god bless! :stuck_out_tongue:

WoW!
I could say that I don’t like the fact the big robot and the jealous one lost most of their detail, but Celine looks fantastic with the depthfield effect! It really brings up all the new rust detail on her surface!
Great to see you keep adding things! gets better and better…

hey Neville, I agree with StevieWoo that Celine is looking better than ever, but for me the blur is a bit too much
it is also a bit distracting for me that the first robots left and right are sharp because they are also far behind Celine…ahh I cant decide, Celine looks awesome but my heart is bleeding that this lovely background scene is nearly gone ( which made alot of the pictures character for me) whatever, you did an awesome job and youre one of the nicest and most inspirational guys I`ve ever met…best of luck to you bro

WOAH! its beautiful! Very very lovely. Love the blur but i also agree that it should be a little bit less…just a little. I like seeing ALL your work! haha It is fantastic though and again love the back story…which i believe is very true! I myself try to live by these standards and not pass judgement on people for their ‘looks’ before i get to know them. So great job buddy! :thumbsup:

i3abden ~ thanks a lot my friend! :stuck_out_tongue:

jpmonroyal ~ thanks a lot bro! yup you’re absolutely right! … the dirt stains are part of the story :slight_smile:

infoarq ~ many thanks to you dude! hehe :D, actually photoshop was used all the way … no 3d at all :wink: im very happy you like my work! god bless ya!

Slav ~ hey bro! great to see ya again! :stuck_out_tongue: … hehe … join the club! coz me enjoyed the splattering part the most! thats why my pal here said it should be stronger . earlier it was kinda faint :stuck_out_tongue: … thanks for your comments my friend! cheers!

Ferx ~ my encouragement charm! he’s back and made me happy all over again! just love to see u here with all the energy and good wishes! you rock my friend! :love: god bless u!

guterrez, SteevieWoo, nerdyninja ~ thanks a lot buddies! me gonna try another round of depth of field … but with a lesser value … hopefully i should complete it soon … keepin my fingers crossed :stuck_out_tongue: … you guys really miss all the other bots! :love: me will try and balance it out and see how it goes … god bless ya all! :stuck_out_tongue:

reduced the depth of field effect a little …

guterrez, SteevieWoo, nerdyninja, thanks for the suggestion! :stuck_out_tongue:
hope im not too late!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Inspired by “Memoirs of a Geisha” and “Ugly Betty”, songs by Jamelia “Something about you”, George Micheal “Flawless” & Christina Aguilera “Beautiful”, i dedicate this piece to all those people who have no friends, who feel they have nothing to live for just because they look or act differently, who think that they need to become the ‘other’ people in order to fit in …

… all this … just stop! even if you are flawed, even if they think you are strange … in the end, remember who you are …

read on my friends … :wink:

• hello neville, thank you for your interview. Last night you attended POSE magazine’s much awaited fashion show! do tell us what was it like?

Clearly for POSE magazine itself, it was a night to remember! when it came to originality, style and of course… beauty, they’ve always made it to the front page of every magazine, especially Fashion Extraordinaire.You know, they are very particular about their shows,
everything from lighting, colour, mood etc. they couldn’t afford to risk anything at all, like if anything went wrong or something didn’t go according to plan … totally unacceptable! … But, this time, someone decided to do just that! risk it all … literally strike a pose on the catwalk!

• Interesting … and who is this ‘someone?’

Sighhh … That’s a million dollar question …
… she is Celine … yeah … she’s very special, but not in everyone’s eyes. She was pushed around, ignored, overworked, nobody took care of her.
But, she continued working for POSE magazine against all odds. She was at every model’s beck and call … do this … do that … even insulted!

• That’s really bad, i’m sorry to hear that… but i can’t help but wonder about something … you mentioned earlier that she wanted to risk everything … just to pose on the catwalk? … that’s kind of strange don’t you think? was she a model?

No … not at all … ironically … that’s the beauty of it all! she wanted to live the moment … feel what had to be felt! as i said before, it was a
risk she was willing to take! which as a matter of fact, she did! … just before the show could end, before the last model could go in, celine just
stopped whatever she was doing and started to make her way toward the bright lights, the music, the crowd! she just wanted to feel like or very much be … a supermodel!

• Gosh! go on … go on … what happened next?!

Just as she stepped out, complete silence! all eyes on celine! everyone was shocked! she looked around, confused … frozen … it was now or never, the only thing left to do was to move forward, better to lose her job with dignity rather in fear and disgrace! she started off with her first few steps, still not making any connection with the crowd … suddenly, the music was back on! … but hey! a different track
altogether! she was wondering what in the world is going on?! everyone was looking at each other, and then back at her again! nodding their heads, clapping a little … they were beginning to accept her! … the music started to grow stronger and stronger after each and every step! if i remember correctly … i think they’re were playing ’ something about you ’ by jamelia … it was amazing!

• haha…yeah!! that truly is amazing! and what about the other models? they must’ve been wondering what was going on!

Oh yes! … they weren’t happy at all! more like she stole their thunder! hahahaha … but they deserved it! she pretty much shocked them the most, on a much more higher note … she pretty much shocked POSE magazine! who immediately decided to fire her for her so called
act! they didn’t want her to shine at all, she was just regarded as something that was kept aside, not to be looked at. On the other hand, I guess the crowd saw true beauty for what it really is, no one can take that away from her.

• magical! wish i was there to see her too!

You will … all in its artistic wonder! this experience will be perfect for CGsociety’s Strange Behaviour Challenge!

• That’s fantastic! … it’ll be like a dedication to her! i can’t wait to see all the people and obviously … her as well!

yes! … that’s the idea … but, people won’t be people, they’ll be depicted as robots.

• Oh ok, why so?

actually, i don’t want to show the same old scene with human models and human crowd, something different is needed, like mechanical beauty and human emotions being exploited.

• human emotions being exploited? please elaborate …

well, have you wondered, how we humans radically choose the ones we should like or be with by keeping the first basic condition in place … looks …
Whenever there’s a newcomer at college or at our workplace, we always tend to think … what’s she like? he doesn’t talk much … she looks wierd! … he’s so geeky! … eeek! he smells!! … or the best yet …
“hey! bet 10 bucks you can’t get a date with her tonight!” with the fact that you’re so ugly that you certainly won’t get a date but owe your
pal 10 bucks… and oh! … he knew that along …

To be very honest, we do consider these people ‘strange’, always wondering how they were born to look that way or how they seem to act that way too. But, the bottom line is, Why can’t we see them for ‘themselves’ and not for ourselves. I think, we’re ones who are strange enough to think like that.

• i see … that is something to think about … in fact, maybe that’s how the world is … strange? … anyways … what became of Celine? sure, the crowd admired her and all, but what happened … after that?

I think so too, we need to try and see things for what they really are and not pass it off as something that is unworthy of anything. And as for our Celine … yes, that’s right … this was her wish … her moment … her night … the night everyone saw her in raw form, the way she really is … what she is … the night she finally lost her job … but it was that very night she became … “the SHOWSTOPPER!”

• wow! … didn’t see that one coming! frankly, i don’t know how Fashion Extraordinaire will react to all this … but, i’d say they’ll be totally inhuman to miss out on something so profound! a major turning point to be exact! neville … my thanks and best wishes to you! looking forward to our next meet.

Thank you! the pleasure was all mine :slight_smile:

The end.

" it’s the little things that matter "

Working on this piece taught me a lot about patience, understanding and most of all, the power to do what’s right against all odds.
As far as 'the showstopper" is concerned, I tried to make all the elements speak for themselves, even the songs were carefully selected so that it blends with the story, meerly to reflect on how many of us have lived through such instances in our lives and that we can make a difference if we just try.

A little bit goes a long way! …

… no matter how strange it will all be.

I thank all my friends who stuck by me thick and thin! your suggestions and constant encouragement kept me going further and further! but most of all, i thank God! who (touchwood) helped me a lot! even when i was down … :frowning:

vivek(vivudude), sameer(sam4grafix), veerendra(Veeroo18), celine(nerdyninja), Gabriel(SteevieWoo), yusuf(Jeffparadox), Remko(Okmer), Y.Soner(Ashiataka), kamal(Hiun), timur(Greatto), constantine(Conkrys), martin(MartinNielsen), alex(Bandro), mark(Mdavid), alexandra(Musi),
bobby(Digital-bobert), fernando(Ferx), slav(Slav), jack(JackZhang), john(Js3d), thiago(TM-Oliveira), gert(Obigert), alon(AlonChou), axel(AxelAlonso), george(Icedeyes)blaz(NinjaA55N), raffy(IDEYEAAH), mathias(guterrez), tiziano(Thaldir), doug(DougFerreira),
al-Haitham(Jassar), linus(Ligo), uldison(UldFerr), don(Dondixon), Magdalena(Intervain), Michel(MROGER), david(Pseudomodeling), gonzalo(gG), steven(Handlebar), linda(Ivy00), alwyn(Neubius), fabio(Oz), Gilles(Gpepper), lorenz(Hideyoshi)…

and all the other members! i thank you all once again! you guys rock the house! wishing you all the very best for this challenge! god bless! :stuck_out_tongue:

i dedicate this piece to all those people who have no friends, who feel they have nothing to live for just because they look or act differently, who think that they need to become the ‘other’ people in order to fit in …

I am so honored having this amazing image dedicated to me. Thank you from the bottom of my ugly heart sweet Neville.
Awesome work my friend, just amazing!!!
Good luck.

good god! :eek: don’t ever say that bro … ( even as a joke :cry: ) … no ways … in a million years … should you ever consider your heart ugly or anything :frowning: … whatever the situation, we all have had experiences where the ‘other’ people always looked down upon us, thinking we don’t have a life to lead … but sooner or later … we will find our true place in the world … :stuck_out_tongue: :love:
im ever thankful for i met a lot of talented artists who have so much to offer! obviously that includes you bro! :stuck_out_tongue: god bless you as always! it certainly has been a pleasure! :scream::bounce:

cheers my friend! you rock! :buttrock:

Fantastic final image! :thumbsup:

Awesome technique and great story, bravo :applause:

Good luck in the final vote :bounce:

The man, the myth, the legend. Going 29 pages strong with a fantastic final image. How do you do it homie? haha.

Awsome work man. Yup, the coffee stains should stay! The story behind the image is also very intriguing - good work on that too! It was a pleasure wathcing your WIPS all the way to the final image. Very detailed, very informative, more like a 3 month tutorial! Anyway, thanks for all the help man and the gazillions of posts you put into this competition.

I dont want fame, I dont want fortune, I dont even want first place I just want 29 pages on my thread! :slight_smile: PEace man!

Hey Neville, incredible final act my dear friend! I really love this superb and awesome art work!!
Beautiful magic on the whole concept, a concept that is not only a wonderful magic for the eyes but also for the heart. I love the Celine´s story, a warm and beauty touch straight to heart, and now I see the all splendid magic on your illustration! You are Great Great Magician my friend.

Your great magic causes the child surprised by the great magician’s art, wants to draw the magic that is in him. Thanks for that my friend, you are the best bro!! a great inspiration!! God bless you my dear friend.

Nice addition of the depth of field and even better job adjusting it Neville! :thumbsup: SOLID!! The extra textures added to Celine are beautiful! You improved upon what was already outstanding, that is always greatness.:love:I wish you the best bro, have a great day and enjoy everything!!

Love the changes on the depth of field! Great great job! Good luck!!! :love: Thank you for such lovliness!

absolutely amazing
first i thought its posted in wrong thread then i realized its 2d.
hey u ve got unique talent
gr8 work man

btw can u plz upload ur tutorials again…

really sexy robot…love how you did the metal man.
congrats

:thumbsup:

Hi my friend Neville, It’s so nice to keep on eye here, full of excellent ideas and work flow,:arteest: not to mention you best and friendly energy!:smiley: I am very happy to see you end in such a great master piece scale!:applause:Bravooo! Well also I want to thank you for your always helpful words full of good advices and positivism! Thanks it’s been great to meet awesome artist and friends like you!

Good bless you and my best wishes for all your projects!:thumbsup:

Amazing finish. I’m really glad you eased off on the DOF blur too. You now have a superb piece of illustration. Thanks for bringing us an amazing thread and good luck with the voting