Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Mark David

Mark David is entered in the “Strange Behavior Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Catching a tan during the voyage

Yep! I’m in!

Great to see you participate Mark. This challenge is definitely up your alley. Best of luck.

Yes Mark!!!Happy to see you’re in!!!Agree withTerro, this theme really fit’s you well I think.Wish you loads of fun and good luck buddy!!!
Let’s rock & roll :beer:

Terro
Thank you very much! I’m looking forward to this one. Well, I suppose I look forward to all these cg challenges but the ‘strangeness’ part of it does sound like a good start

OKMER
Thanks to you too Remko! I was delighted to see your thread starting up. I can’t wait to see what you come up with this time

‘Strange Behavior’…

What a cool theme! A very broad range of possibilities here. I enjoyed doing a space theme in EON so I might go all spacey this time too.

First potential idea is a huge detailed space ship - all rust and rivets and rubber bands and a zillion miles from anywhere - and the astronaut, getting into the spirit of long voyages is outside getting a tan. I guess that’s what too much time alone can do to you.

I’m not so good at drawing space ships so I’ve employed a fairly cheap method of getting my idea across…

ha ha making me laugh already mdavid :slight_smile: good to see you again

Hi Mark! great to see you in this and I love the concept…this will be fun to watch, as usual!!

Ivy00 and shakes
Hey thank you! So are you going to enter this one as well?

Here’s another one. The birds in this scene would be pretty confused, and more than a bit disgruntled

gee you’re spoiling us Mark…I really like that one too-could make a nice change from doing something similar to EON. and yep, soon as I think of an idea I’ll be in too!

Hey that’s great news that you’ll be starting your own challenge thread, shakes! Brilliant!

At the start of something like this I like to churn out a few ideas. That’s why I’m not putting in too much time on the drawings - I’ll think more about detail when I decide on what to do. This idea might look pretty yukky but it’s not far from what some people do. You’d be amazed at where some people go fishing - definitely strange behavior

There’s kind of an infinite number of possibilities based on fishing. This one’s set in one of those fancy restaurants where the fish are on display

Some pretty excellent ideas here. I like the space ship and bird’s nest ones the best of them all. I especially think the bird’s nest one could be really funny.

Swizzle
Thanks Xavier. I’m thinking exactly the same thoughts. The space ship and the tree are my preferred options too.

Some might say graffiti art is strange behavior. I’d argue it’s even stranger at 30,000 feet.

I could keep churning these things out forever I suppose but I still like the idea of modeling one almighty weird space ship - my first idea. Maybe the other concepts would work as simple jokes but I love these challenges for the chance to spend months on a single image and a gutsy piece of modeling/illustration is something I’m keen to get into.

But it was nice to get those other ideas out of my brain and onto paper - it sort of clears my head and lets me move on

Great to see so many great artists participating in this challenge!

Have a great time! Good luck to you!

So, there you are! And off with a flying start it is.

I still like the idea of modeling one almighty weird space ship - my first idea. Maybe the other concepts would work as simple jokes but I love these challenges for the chance to spend months on a single image

Exactly my thoughts when looking through your sketches, they are all adorable but you need something you can fill with details to not get bored with it. And a crazy vehicle is so…so you :slight_smile:

Let’s have fun now!

Hey there, Mark!

Great to discover your thread, this challenge is definitely made for you:D …
Looking forward to see tons of good ideas and funny drawings!
Good luck!:slight_smile:

-sabrina

I love the fishing in the restaurant one… The other are very nice but that one looked like the best choice in my opinion…

good luck mate