Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Maciej Frolow

Hello my friend, I have to agree with the rest in that the old mountains where much better. :smiley: Dont get the pre-judging jitters and start changing to many things. What you had before was good and worked well! :thumbsup:

haha your image is great! I don´t know why but it reminded me to that game of Super Nintendo, donkey kong country, lol

Good luck to you!!

AxelAlonso - thx, this helps, maybe I`ll put a secondrock with crystals in pre-background and leave the old mountains :curious:

Korendo - thx, yes I don`t want copying Rodney, just inspiring from his style.

Artisan-Hawks - thanks my friend, youre right, Ill keep the old mountains.

gG - thx, no idea why it reminds you donkey kong :smiley:

haha I don´t know…maybe the texture or something reminded to a character of the game,:smiley:

:thumbsup:

gG - Show a game screen one day, I`m curious to see the similarities :smiley:

No, the thing´s no similarity between your work and that game,haha. Only in my mind:D The light and textures of your image made a flashback to myself when I played with that videogame.

And that´s all =)

All right, I´ll take the pill:D

Lol!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In the land of Dordor are living many creatures, there are elves, dwarves and dragons. Some are dangerous, some are ferocious and some are… odd. One of them called Spike (we dont know who could have had a pet dragon, almost humans which approched dragons just died) gathers in his nest clocks from all the region. We dont know for what obscure reason he have this strage behaviour. Maybe clocks makes a sound he likes, maybe he thinks it`s eggs?

Thanks everybody for help, support and feedback.
This image is a tribute to one of my favourites illustrators: Rodney Matthews.

Tech info: modeling, texturing and rendering done in Luxology modo, final colors and retouch done in Adobe Photoshop.

[this is a repost, I tryed few variations and went back to the final TIF I upload few days ago]

Hey, glad to see those mountians are back :thumbsup: I was just looking at your image and I have an idea, What if in the background beyound the mountians there was a planet, sort of like something you would see off of the film “Pitch Black”. I think it would add depth and mystic. :surprised

Artisan-Hawks - Thx my friend, your idea is great but its verry late to start adding a planet now. Ill try and see if it looks ok, if it looks crappy I`ll leave the image like it is now.

LOL, I suppose your right! Man where does all the time go?! :eek:

LOL, I suppose you are right! Man where does all the time go?! :eek:

In the land of Dordor are living many creatures, there are elves, dwarves and dragons. Some are dangerous, some are ferocious and some are… odd. One of them called Spike (we dont know who could have had a pet dragon, almost humans which approched dragons just died) gathers in his nest clocks from all the region. We dont know for what obscure reason he have this strage behaviour. Maybe clocks makes a sound he likes, maybe he thinks it`s eggs?

Thanks everybody for help, support and feedback.
This image is a tribute to one of my favourites illustrators: Rodney Matthews.

Tech info: modeling, texturing and rendering done in Luxology modo, final colors and retouch done in Adobe Photoshop.

[sorry for multiple reposts, this is the final image]

Artisan-Hawks - you was right my friend, the planet adds alot of depth to the image and the mood is much better now :smiley:

Si I updated for the last time my final image, hope the judges will not shoot me down for this :smiley:

Thanks again for all comments and help. Good luck to all! :beer:

Hey Nomad its looking good!:thumbsup: Good luck to you on the judging :deal:

Artisan-Hawks - thx friend, good luck to you too :buttrock:

Hey new one! There’s a planet now nice touch and increase the detail on your world a lot!:smiley: I am very glad to see the great final work from you! Your dragon it’s so very appeal able great skill need it for the success of the entrainment industry! Great Work!:love::applause:

Thanks for the support hope to see you around!:thumbsup:

AxelAlonso - Thank you for the kind words :bounce:

Hi Nomad, congrats about this wip!!! :cool:
Loved!!! I’d like to see the Lemmings too!
I’m a LW user starting with Modo… And I’m happy
to see the result of this combination in your job.
BR,
Pedro Jafet

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.