Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Kamal Khalil

Mathias (guterrez) - Hey Mathias, thanks so much for dropping in and sharing your thoughts with me, I am always grateful:) Thanks for the critique also, I am definately going to keep that in mind. I will finish it all first and then deal with the pushing and pulling of the image as a whole till it’s just right. I think it’s time I lay it all down so I can see everything together.

Thanks a lot Mathias! Your input is always welcome:bounce:

hiun im toyally blown away by your textures man… i love it

Uuuuuuuh, that’s brutal :sad: but i like your technique and the colors :scream: Good luck! :slight_smile:

edatron - Hey!! Great to see you! I hope everything is going well:bounce: Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. I am very happy you like it!:smiley:

John (js3d) - Haha:D Thank you John for the comments and your wishes. I am glad you like the technique :smiley:
Good luck to you too my friend!:thumbsup:

This leaves me speechless! The story is great and the style, colors, composition… they are sooo original! Congratulations for it and good luck!

(By the way thanks for your comment!)

Hi Kamal,
I am no less than impressed in the beauty of you colors and the history behind its perfect complement, :eek: I think! The canvas will also read better once you cropped a bit more, but you mentioned that will be later on! So keep it up!:thumbsup:

Zara (Nemesix) - Wow, thank you so much for your very generous comments. I am all smiles :smiley: I wish you all the best, and I hope you have a fantastic and super productive week! :arteest:

Axel - Thank you so much for your kind words Axel and your encouragement and support throughout. I wish you all the best!:thumbsup:

Grins Thank you!

that’s a strange behaviour allright! I like everything,my only remark is that you should crop the scene a little more,but that has already been said by Axel Alonso a few posts ago and by yourself too!So, good luck on the competition!

that’s a strange behaviour allright! I like everything,my only remark is that you should crop the scene a little more,but that has already been said by Axel Alonso a few posts ago and by yourself too!So, good luck on the competition!

Doug - Thanks a lot for the support, greatly appreciated!

dude, this is lookin pretty fresh! can’t wait for the end result. this would make a cool wallpaper!

Kris (SoulKontributor) - Thank you so much Kris! :smiley: The end is near :bounce:

First test on hair. (Painted using a PainterX pattern pen, after making the flower into a pattern)

Hey Kamal, the flower pattern and the colours on it looks reall nice!! ( I’m thinking in a random rotation on the flowers pattern, but no, in this symetrical way the lines of te hair looks well :slight_smile: )
Nice work my friend !! Cheers!! :beer:

Ferx - Thanks for the input! I am still testing different ways to make the hair, but I do like the pattern version quite a bit. I found out that I can’t fill the hair out completely because it takes away from the image A LOT! The same way the more I rendered the guy the more he disappeared. That sounds weird, I know! “The more I rendered the more he disappeared” What I mean is that he started to disappear from the meaning and structure of the image as he gained volume (value) and life (color). He started to lose what was working so well with him which was a undeveloped still foundation sketch look which funny enough is exactly what he is; a foundation and support for the woman’s happiness. So I cleaned the lines up on the male and left him a bit undone. The same method I will apply to the hair, leaving it graphic rather than rendered because the hair isn’t supposed to draw your attention too much. I have figured out methods on how to close this image though so I am working on it. It SEEMS technically simple but it takes SO LONG, actually longer than if I were to just render it all.

I hope to update soon. Thanks for the constant support my friend! As always I wish you all the best!:thumbsup:

Hey Kamal, I like the design idea of the hair but like you said it might take more time and composition value in color and detail than what you really want in it, so just let the flow to speak in colors and maybe not so much in the shape…witch is the part that might take you time that wont show that much :arteest:

Axel - Thanks a lot for your input Axel:D

Hi, Kamal…

I really touched by ur idea of romance :slight_smile: . That’s a great idea. But i think…since the ‘heart’ somehow gonna be focus in this, why don’t you make it larger…so everyone can look at it clearly. But if you want to pursue the realistic image, the original size of heart doesn’t matter :).

Regards,

Rianti

my sTRANGE bEHAVIOR thread