Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Bobby Chiu

I second that harachte…

It’s looking wonderful. I’d agree with the chorus of voices calling for no blood. And I also agree with those who have suggested it doesn’t need the spears/arrows. I’ve always loved the powerful sense of anticipation as we see the creature heading towards the trip-rope and suddenly that beautiful joke seems diluted when I notice the arrows, as though the trip-rope is not the main strategy in the hunt after all. It’s become more like a regular slaughter. But this is only a very personal impression. I love your beautiful illustration style and however you decide to finish this I have no doubt at all that you’ll produce a superb image

man! i love your way of storytelling and characters are so full of life! i know you’ve had this sort of comment probably 50x times in this thred, but still - awesome!

Only in one of these forums will you see a quote like that…

Seriously, though, I love the work so far. I’ve been laughing out loud with each successive update. As far as the competition goes, my money’s on you!

always one of my fav images! :love: :bounce: my pals here couldn’t agree more :stuck_out_tongue: they were like … DAMN!! :eek: plus the laughs too! :scream::scream:
funny … colourful … crazy!! … awesome should do the trick! u rock man! brilliant work as always! :thumbsup:

Another wonderful piece you have here.
I would leave the blood out. His is too whimsical and light for blood. Blood would dampen the charm.

-Mark David said:
“It’s looking wonderful. I’d agree with the chorus of voices calling for no blood. And I also agree with those who have suggested it doesn’t need the spears/arrows. I’ve always loved the powerful sense of anticipation as we see the creature heading towards the trip-rope and suddenly that beautiful joke seems diluted when I notice the arrows, as though the trip-rope is not the main strategy in the hunt after all. It’s become more like a regular slaughter. But this is only a very personal impression. I love your beautiful illustration style and however you decide to finish this I have no doubt at all that you’ll produce a superb image”

And I can’t say anything more…everything I was thinking is there,huhu.Thx mark(lolll)
Amazing work Bobby!Cheers!

Awesome painting. I’ve always been a huge fan of your works.

awesome work man, really fascinating how realistic and cute your style is at the same time
Id also say no blood, no spears...it just dont need it

Bobby,
I am just in awe of you man, this is the most amazing thing that I’ve seen in a long time! Honored to know you and call you my friend!
-Jason

thAT’s an awesome entry as usual bobby.really cheered me up.is there any close-ups or hi-res?

perfect and awesome as usual. well perfect as much as perfection can be. classic

THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES.
you never sease to amaze us dude.
keep rockin!!:thumbsup:

“Every year, a young member of the Fuz’hy Lindt Tribe who has come of age must prove his worth by donning the blessed regalia of the sacred carrot and leading the Tribe on the Great Hunt. Only the fastest and bravest of warriors will ensure a successful Carrot Run, providing food for the Tribe through the winter.”

Because of you all, I stayed up extra hours everyday and got up earlier so I could try and finish this painting and not disappoint the people that took the time to comment and encourage me to finish. Thanks so much for that extra push.
Reminded me of the good ol’ college days, waking up early and staying up late to finish our projects.
It has been a pleasure contributing art along side my friends and so many other talented artists.

Great topic as well! Thx CgSociety!

Hey thanks for all the comments and suggestions everyone. So… there it is. It’s done. This contest rocked!

I`m glad you made it, you did an excellent piece
the dragons expression is priceless; this goes straight to my inspiration folder^^
best wishes for the contest!!!

Really good piece . And it was a pleasure to see the wip .Is the Dragon Imaginism Studio n°8 issue coming soon ? Is He gonna be in ?

Yey bobby congrats on finishing you did an awesome job!
And good luck on the judging!

Exellent final image :thumbsup: Really hilarous idea, bravo :applause:

Good luck for the vote :bounce:

GREAT HUNTING SEASON! Love your art Bobby, :smiley: this is one my favourites of what I have seen from you so far! I really like that carrot guy he’s well worthy of a whole documentary in animal planet! Or whatever fits him best! All those morning were worth and also you black café, it’s happy times seen you work!:applause: :thumbsup:Congratulations!:thumbsup::applause: