Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Axel Alonso

Nice start here! I’m not sure which direction you’re going, though; after all these different concept drawings. Are you going for just a certain couple, or in the end will there be all these things on the beach at once in a huge wide-shot? (you do have 117’ish days to do it :)) Also, will this be a painting or in 3d?

Suggestion-wise, I have only one at the moment – Make the kitten gray, and maybe one-eyed or something just to make it look jacked-up. The reason I suggest this is that in Shakespeare’s MacBeth, one of the three witches who drive the story is attended to by a cat named Greymalkin. A literary reference is a great way to add weight to an image; anyone familiar with the reference can connect the two and that brings all these subtexts and allusions to the party.

Good luck with your work! I’ll be keeping an eye out for it :slight_smile:

Hey thanks for hitting my page and leaving a note!
Seeing your post made me wonder why i didn’t play around more before I really started, but on well it’s a little late for that… hahha i guess i want to make the monday deadline for that exotique thing…

oh well anyhow, keep those ideas flowing!!! I’m sure it’ll be interesting to see how this is gonna evolve! btw i think they’re hilarious… hahaha

Hi Axel, you’ve done a lot of work, man. And a very nice one :slight_smile:
I like the idea and the characters concept. My two cents are that I think a tropical landscape must heve a most brilliant/blue sky.
Cheers!

Hey Axel,

You have got some fantasy there! :smiley: I am wondering which direction you will choose to go…
Good luck! Looking forward for an update!

Quoted !

They are absolutely cute !

It’s a doodle for an idea I had, when I used to work in an Aquarium…
Soo I will keep with my monsters but I still think I t was fun to have here…

Thanks a lot for all the feed back. Every one of you, are awesome artists.

Uldison- Thanks a lot for the funny note, I just have to play with the devil, and push his behavior limits, as he does with us, sometimes as well.!

Carlos- Thank you, I will add more funny things and hope you like them!

Chris- I will put all the monster’s teams in the beach in one illustration, since it’s a challenge and we have time. And it will be 2D because I have no patience what so ever for 3d software. I am a bit old school, and having a tablet it’s already to tech for me!! haha
For the cats reference I love your suggestion, I definitely love history weight composition on any illustrations, and I will put my brain to think witch way to approach that design. I had on my mind, a half zombie cat I will post it and let’s see what you think? Because I am going towards a very cartoonist but yet detailed style for my illustration so that’s why I am taking time on playing around for the characters ideas.

King- hey thanks a lot! For the support as well we are practically neighbor’s haha, and yes I will keep posting , because I have so many darn ideas, that its one of my problems, make up my own mind on what to pick. maybe its why I am doing a beach lots of characters.

Giovanny- I am thankful that you like the ideas, because I want to make some laughs (good ones) about my finished idea. The sky will be for sure blue and bright so its more rare in contrast with those strange skin colors of my monsters
and besides it’s going to be clear sand and a Caribbean’s turquoise ocean. will post that more detailed later.

Alexandra-yes fantasy its my real way to live…ha ha ha…So I will pick the direction on the funny and strange, as also cute for some reason, maybe it is part of the strange for me? About the direction will be very stylized not to photorealistic besides the environments, since I like fantasy that way.

Serena- I am glad you liked, hope you like the next ideas, and have a good funny time.

Hey axel,

I like the werewolf and the girl; the werewolf seem to be excited at something the girl is doing. It’s really quite strange. haha, btw nice concepts, it’s expected from the dark artist axel alonso. Good Luck!

Best Wishes,
Tom

That’s possibly the cutest jellyfish I ever saw. The aquarium’s deifinitely a great place for inspiration; I used to work at one too. Shame I was stuck outside selling tickets :rolleyes:

I would suggest you start roughing out ideas of the full picture; nothing too detailed, scribbles would do. It would just help you out to see these ideas all brought together to figure out how it’ll all work in the end. You might even get new ideas for how they might interact with each other.

Thanks for the comments on my WIPs, by the way :slight_smile:

Soooo, since i got the invitation to your galery i’ve been looking for your entry, but i still get lost in this enormous site, thanks by the way.

You know, i find the red devil selling crucifixes really hilarious, but i liked the hot witch better than the fat one (i wonder why). I think if you really meke her aclasic pinup style she shoul be alitlttle less thin and with a cute expresion , that would look weird in a witch, i think, and that is good…

that little octopus thing it’s really funny!!

keep the good work!

Hey Tom,
I am so glad to see you here my friend, its great you are visiting the old friends haha…I was intrigued about your thoughts on the relationship of the werewolf and the skeleton girls, so I guess as long its strange its ok for me!..and yes, you know me Dark its par of me…haha
:buttrock:

Chris- great to see you here more often I am always happy to hear all your feed back its great! :applause:So taking your suggestion this next post its all about the hole concept, I am sure its going to be a lame try, but once we all see it, the better understanding will came out of it!:hmm:

So please let me know what you think? and Iam sorry about been out side the aquarium! It’s like you are inside of the water tank instead of a fish in those jobs.:sad:

Gabriel- Thanks a lot for taking a look , for the “paisanos”:cool: hahaha

About yur suggestion; I also like more the hot witch and the pin up idea
so I will have her as a surfer with a sarcophagus lid shape board
and I will take your great suggestion in the body type and the face as well
lets se if it works:rolleyes:

Hi my fellow artists!! a very sketchy idea…but hope it will give my idea through, please let me know what you think?..and the characters behaviors as well if you feel I should push more the strange value? Thanks everybody for taking some time in advance

LOL! I like it! Specially the witch with the coffin running to surf! Very cool scene!

Cheers,
Carlos

ok the ofiscial entry …he he tell also if you see the game going on in the back its called “bollyHead” …

Groovy :slight_smile: You whipped this out fast; I wasn’t expecting color and everything. I like the idea of the witch surfing on a coffin lid :smiley:

A few suggestions –

) You could have the vampire holding in his lap one of those foil-covered reflectors that tan-enthusiasts use to toast themselves. That would elevate the vampire from just being out in the sun to actively absorbing it, making it that much weirder.

) Have the Girl From The Black Lagoon’s eyes wiiiide open and locked on the waves, to connect her emotional response to the water rather than the kitten. Conversely, have the kitten wide-eyed with excitement and absolutely pouncing the wave.

) A small detail, the werewolf’s finger forms a tangent with the octopus in the background. That’s an easy fix; just nudge either one a little bit to either side.

) I’m noticing that both the vampire and the werewolf flashing ‘the horns’. You could turn the vampire’s attention, having him flashin’ it back to the werewolf rather than the camera to relate the two, and in so doing, you’ll have the vampire leading you into the image rather than being a dead end for the eye-path.

) The liquid in the vampire’s margerita needs to be level to the horizon line. Gravity and all that.

That’s all I’ve got for now :slight_smile: Take care!

hey man,
Your image is turning into a ball of fun, I like looking through it and just figuring out and realizing what they’re all about. Though I’m not really sure how all these things are fitting together though, have you seen an old painting called ‘garden of delights’?

http://www.boschuniverse.org/hisworks/garden_of_earthly_delights/large.jpg

haha maybe you could push this that much further? Just a thought… haha it’s a fun painting

Carlos- Thanks so much, I was worry about the witch not been able to deliver the strange factor in my idea, since I really was hopeing to add her. :)I will post some other sketches and hope you can tell me what you rather must…thanks man!

[color=Wheat][color=DarkOrange]Chris-Everything you said I am working on that I agree, and LOVE the idea for the vampire; I am so toasting that guy! About the flashing horns, excellent suggestion for composition, I will make sure that there’s no dead end in the composition…
I will post sketches of every character since having them all in detail in one big one will be difficult to judge, so more than welcome anything you can suggest.
Thank so much for the support once again!:thumbsup:

[/color][/color][color=darkslategray][color=DarkOrange] King- Very nice reference painting!! Thanks! I was looking at it for more than an hour! I was so thrill wit it. And I will probably not go as far (but I wish, though) because my computer it’s going to burn…haha, and I am up to have fun here, haha[/color][/color]

And Hope your are enjoyng the sunny weather!:slight_smile:
[color=darkslategray]
[/color][color=darkslategray][/color]

Great to see the whole concept! I love the sensationof depth, can’t wait to see how you’ll develop it. At the moment I suggest only to add soft clouds here and there right to break the azure of the sky :thumbsup:

Hi axel! I didn’t check this thread too! Lol, believe me, I didn’t copy the idea of the beach…:smiley:

Keep it up, funny ideas so far…I’m going back to my work I’ll check you back later…

Hehehe this is gonna be really cute Axel! I love the grey bigfoot? building the sand castle…