Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Axel Alonso

Thanks so much guys I am so glad you liked Yerba’s invitation to join in! haha!:love::twisted: well since you all dont care of you die with her I will post another surprise for the end of the challange!

ok! I am posting my final!:rolleyes:… with all your sugestions mentioned already hope it works?

Well I am not done yet with the description, but wont be too long, I am just going to let the eyes of the spectator to work better than my multiple ideas !( I will explain mine off course) so once I have a “yes” I can keep on! I will submit the real final hahahaha! its so convenient the upgrades you can add to the words!

Hi Alex,

Congratulations, though it seems you may be brewing yet another surprise. Look forward to the description. It has really been fun and informative watching your work progress. Best of luck

Hi Ralph! Thank so much! I am very glad to meet great artist like you:thumbsup: in the ride! and thanks again! for the great support! here comes the new final haha! well next post!:slight_smile:

The Spooky Holiday

This is my idea of the perfect holiday in the strangest behavior possible to see. I‘ll explains why I think this

All Monsters are part of a dark and not very bright world, and so we have the idea always to believe their world will never change, I have learned in my short life period, that this is not possible, all things have an end and also a different twist that shows the appositive direction were we thought we were going at the first place. And then we think we have done something very strange in our path to end there. When these circumstances happen, we find different situations, and must likely more happiness that we thought it could be.

In this image, I am capturing the personality of how dark characters and monsters may have the opportunity to enjoy life in the same way as we’d like also to do. Since after all we all live in the same universe and same planet, the pursue of happiness its something we all have in common how we achieve it, and we think it is, it’s what differ us all.
Since having fun, might be not so strange, although the way that we judge who has to do it, and in witch way, does have a different point of view in every person.
This is why I choose the monsters, and evil characters, to play a different point of view in how they might enjoy more their vacations, with out troubling them selves in been what the expectation of their look and common behavior might be in the normal life. And to be more detailed about each one this is how I see them;

-The Vampire “Victor”, it’s happy to enjoy a sunny day, having a sun bath in help of his “666 Hell’s Sun protector”, loosing all Gothic and extremely covered outfits, becoming more vulnerable to show his true skin, having a cold “Bloody Mary” drink with some ice cold finger, using as shaker a gold crucifix, and waving to his best friend “Wolfred” the werewolf and his gang!

-The Werewolf “Wolfred”, it’s having fun in the sunny day, were the full moon it’s not a must to be yourself in this beach, he has his friends, his old friend “Skullina”, proving that bones, are fun not as toy or snack, better yet in fact she is the best extreme sport pal,and she’s is hard to please, and his big friend the Octopus “Octavio” whom does not waste any opportunity to get new and exiting experiences out side the boring water, even if this means been carried by vampires, whom he finds them terrifying.

-The Wicked Witch “Yerba”, she got the best talent for surfing and all kinds of water sports, she does not hate water, or its allergic to it, its just what we think of her and her oddly skin green tone rather useful better yet for water proof purposes. Its also well known, that any surfer has their own style on surf boards, she does has one as well, she even improve her technique borrowing his friend Victor’s coffin lid, whom for the moment doesn’t need it at all! And for it centuries preserved history has unique design and durability.

-The Swamp Monster boy “Rani”, has no likes to the water at all, even though his family are the best swimmers, he actually enjoys more the land and the beauty of staying dry, given for his lack of interest in water, he has developed a like for animals, like his cat pet “Hellin” whom in contrast to his master, enjoys more than anything a good splash in the water!

-The Yeti or abominable snow man “Flakes”, has decide leave the snow and get a better place to build his tolerance for hot weathers, and practice his favourite hobby, building sand castles, since he only knows igloos he thinks its better to start with one of those, for his puddle “Channel” she loves hunting dangerous meals, and today’s prey it’s the rear gold piranha whom his killer instincts had been overwhelmed by the little but lethal hunter.

-The Devil “Mr. Cruz”, He likes to put in different perspective what the evil forces are willing to do for power, and he thought it’s a good opportunity to start the business in an unexplored market for him it’s a good start, selling crosses are a sure good fashionable accessories, and after all it reminds to him and to the costumers, what’s the purpose for having them.

Well I am pleased to say I enjoy and learned from everybody in this great challenge, I had done some amazing friends and meet a unique group of artist from all around the world, Its been a inspirational path to developed better skills to introduce my imagination in best results for the audience, I THANK YOU ALL! Your support, your feed back, your always kinds words! And what I hope some happiness from this! Thanks!
My special thanks to my personal Mexican artist friends support group Gabriel and Fernando! You guys are awesome! And none the less to the always helpful advises and full of inspirational words!
Luiz, Jeff, Neville, Ralph, Sasha, Kamal, George, Kei, Serena, Chris, Slav, Manny, Agostino, Carlos, King, Linus, Johan, Bobby, Rishikesh, Giovanni, Rianti, Zara, Bill, Mateusz, Remko, Doug, & Maciej Thank you so very much!

And Last never least my always supportive group of family and friends!
Amparo, Dulce, Emy, Nayra, Tom, Hischam, Ryan… Thanks guys!!

To all I can’t know your names, I am also very grateful! For shareing a moment to look my ideas illustrated here!

I Wish you the best in judging to all of you fellow artist!
It’s been Fun! Thanks!

And live happily as you will always wish to be! See you in the next one!

Well the final close ups! This resolution sooo dont work for me! looks better the big one will have to think in some good option to upload that one!:slight_smile:

This is it! haha! well There’s the last surprise I so hope I can finish that one :rolleyes:…

LOVELY FINISH Axel!! :thumbsup: Great background to all your characters as well! Nicely thought out and everything has it’s purpose and meaning. I wish you all the best my friend! FANTASTIC IMAGE!!:bounce:

The trees behind Flakes… AWESOME!! You executed that beautifully!:thumbsup:

Hey Axel, really awesome image my friend!! I love the great characters on your concept, cool designs !! and the story for each one is really great!!. You achived a fantastic atmosphere in the whole scene, and all the characters are very well-defined with a wonderful strange behavior on their own style. The backgound with mayan style piramids and skull clouds is a awesome touch on the whole composition, cool my friend!! The ocean water and the colour on it is superb, i can really feel the beach. The details on the painting greatly emphasizes the beauty of the scene.
You put much hard work on this image and it was amazing to see the development and growth of your concept, step by step, a incredible journey to the fantastic monsters spooky holiday :smiley:
And you not only put time in your own illustration you also gave time to encourage and support others, thanks for that my friend!! It was a real pleasure and a great experience to be able to share with you this challenge !! And really thanks for you support in the long nights prior to the first deadline :smiley: You rock my friend :buttrock: ( me volví vampiro con esas desveladas ! :smiley: )

Congratulations Axel for this awesome art work !! and best of luck my friend!! … and… yes… no more coffee!!! … hahahahahha… come beers and tequila!! yeaaaaaa!!

Salud amigo!!! :beer: ( y que viva el tri!! :smiley: )

( Quedo increible Axel, me gusta muchiiisimo todo el concepto, la atmosfera de la escena esta excelentemente bien lograda!! Te rifaste como los grandes!! :bowdown: Salú !!)

I am very happy and glad to hear all the great feed back from you, Kamal thanks so much for the help, and support, I really appreciated my friend! its been fun to enjoy the ride with great talented artist like you!:scream::thumbsup:

Hey you are here already! And I am here already! yay! haha!:scream: What can I say…I am soo Happy! I finish! And I get to see the great and full of positive energy words from you my friend! Fernando Thanks this journey wouldn’t be the same with out helpful artist friends like you! It’s been an honour!:wink:

And I am so ready for those beers now and tequila next day! :beer:I don’t want to cross those…after all I am already used to blood only in this last nights…haha!

Ya listo para el ponche con piquete! y toda la fritanga! jaja!Mil Gracias Fer, tu ayuda a sido importante y muy baliosa! que viva el RocknRoll!:buttrock:

Get ready for the last day surprise!:smiley:

That is it, Axel! Congratulations my friend, you did an awesome work. I love your final image, and I could go on writing about every one of your creatures/creations, but since everybody already did it (and I am a lazy bastard), I will skip it. It was a blast following you throughout this journey. Good luck and I’ll see you in another time.

Hey Uldison Luiz! haha I used my power!:twisted:… You’re very kind, and such a great help all along this thread! I could not fix all the problems I had, with out your help! Thanks so much I am also very glad the characters have done some happy smiles in your face!:smiley: Thanks! I’ll be here next time! See you soon my friend!:bounce:

And I will do some fruit Mexican “Ponche” beverage for everybody! It’s great for winter and holidays! And you can upgrade it with a good kick! Cheers! For your great & fantastic work! To!:thumbsup:

hmmm maybe I could used this one for the future!:twisted: Muahaha! Ok Thanks I am still working on the last surprise!

Hey Axel, thanks for the comments! Your’s looks great too and really detailed (especially with those closeups!) I love how all of the characters have their own personal strange behavior! awsome work, and hopefully I’ll see you in any other of these competitions.

I will try to make this brief and clear since there’s much i’d like to say:

1. What a huge file you worked on man! the little datails still look sharp even in your scaled down close-ups! thanks for including them, by the way, beacause It’s clear that we never saw more than some 50% of the work you were doing in the regular posts! this even bigger ones keep unveiling more and more great detail work! Neat!

2. My favorite part is got to be the Wolfred group, they’re nuts! and they have so much fun too, just looking a them you feel there’s much more about this unusual friends and their extreme ways! they look like a Hanna-Barbera cartoon gang and that is cool and nostalgic for me… I love’em!

3. You oviously pot alot of yourself in this piece and really knew what the characters are about, even the secondary ones as Channel and Hellin, the seem to have the same amount of care an detail as any of the mayors! I see you have improved your skills a lot and you’re not affraid of a challenge like this, you went for all, even if it meant to handle so much characters all together!

4. Oh yes, what nice transparency effects you added on the wather and Rani’s fins. the dragging effect and the shadow on the sand underneath, it all works really well!

5. You have been a great support and suource of good ideas and opinions for us all! I still have in mind that it was you who found the right clothes for Rita, (something I could never have done right by myself), that, and many other details, Thats the point of all these challenges, and you really added much to this one!!

Kudos Axel pal! I hope the best for you and that everyone comes here in the thread to see those beatiful close-ups and get their minds blown away as I just did!!

Party on Pal, You did Great!

Buena suerte:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congradulations my friend! You’ve completed this awesome journey with turning-burning colors… This illustration is HOT!

It was a real pleasure to watch your progress, you’ve done a great job by refining your character sketches to nail down their anatomy. your environment is just so much fun, and you’ve managed to pull off this composition in a way to keep the viewer looking and looking. the small details all over the place are making this image worth a few more come backs. I really admire how you’ve managed to pull of the swamp monster Rani, and the water effects in general. the close up is just great, how you put the cat in the water is just professional. A little jealous as someone who sucks at painting water :smiley:

I really like your story Axel, and a strange piece indeed. What stands out in your story for me is your ability to define your characters precisely, which is one of the most important skills in this business. Visually, and literally, you’ve got the talent to describe a large group of unique characters in one illustration. Enjoy it!

It was a great pleasure to work with you, and have your support all along my friend, now all I can hope for is another chance like that in the future…

Best of luck with the voting, you’ve put hard work in this… :beer:

Hey Axel! Congratulations! Wow there’s so much enjoyable detail to look at and so much effort. Bravo! Good luck and Cheers!

Hi Juan Pablo! I am very happy to see you here! thanks so much for the positive words! and also I am so glad you liked the ideas that I could deliver in my best wish to make my concept clear! so I think I did Thanks for let me know !:smiley: You are a greaat artist! my plesure to watch all your work and share the great artistic mood in this challenges!:applause::buttrock::scream:
Thanks!