Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Al-Haitham Jassar

Ok, I got tired of the squid so I thought of starting on the ship…

nice start keep going :thumbsup:

Thank you Antone my friend :slight_smile: … I’m currently working on the canvas ( boring stuff! ), but things are finally starting to show a little better.

Cheers!

Well, I have been on a trip for a couple of weeks and haven’t worked on my entry, so i will just show you guys how the sales look like so far ( nothing much though ). I will start working on it soon.
Cheers!

Cool idea and nice images so far :thumbsup:

I`m looking forward for the next updates :bounce:

Thanks Nomad :slight_smile: , I liked your dragon entry as well.

I’ve just worked on the ropes a little bit, loads of work is still needed but if you guys have any advice/ideas/crits it’s all welcomed.

Cheers!

ok, I’ve started to work on the captain and parrot, I thought of detailing these background characters and the bg itself more than usual, though the above image shows them in the original size…

I’ve worked a bit more on the parrot and the background characters, colors are not final.

Ok, I am now working on the ship, after that the waves then the sky and clouds. I’ve found working on each element at a time gives me more focus… but not for everything.

After that I go back to the characters for fixes and final touches… this is my plan so far :rolleyes:

keep going my friend :thumbsup: can`t wait to see more :applause:

Here’s another image to keep you updated as much as possible :slight_smile:

I’m thinking of discarding the rain, and keeping the weather stormy with lots of lightning. What do you guys think?

I’d be careful with lightning. From experience, people tend to overuse it, with several lightning strikes in the same image. I personally think it looks cheesy and cliche, but its up to you.

As for your latest update, I think either your ship looks too small or your crew looks too big. I mean I know you’re still sticking with the Pirates of the Caribbean idea, so the ships used in it are much larger.

At this point, your colour scheme really bothers me, but I’ll hold my judgement until I see how it works with the background.

Good luck sir

killer-instinct93, thank you very much for your comment :slight_smile:

I’d be careful with lightning. From experience, people tend to overuse it, with several lightning strikes in the same image. I personally think it looks cheesy and cliche, but its up to you.

I must agree with that, so I’ll be careful…

As for your latest update, I think either your ship looks too small or your crew looks too big. I mean I know you’re still sticking with the Pirates of the Caribbean idea, so the ships used in it are much larger.

Yes indeed, I made the ship smaller than usual to add that toonish sense… this is a strange behaviour challenge after all so I guess having strange things in our images is ok :rolleyes:

Cheers

very nice man, keep going, seems to need a lot of work

well I agree with the scaling thing, yes, the ship is small and that’s wrong unless he’s using a cartoonic style or something.

oh, and about pirates of the caribbean, c’mon man give him a chance, he’s just using the ship, maybe the overall look is kindda same, but details are so different. and using a ship doesn’t mean he got it from Pirates, like using orcs is not from warcraft, or elves is not from lord of the rings…

Still working on the ship…

Well, I’ve finally started to work on the environment. The Waves were harder to nail than I thought, they still need loads of work… but no worries there, still have more than a month to work on this piece :slight_smile:
Cheers

Obviously I don’t have a problem with the theme of pirates, they existed before the movies.

My problem earlier was that in the first movie the act of escaping from bad guys by roping sea turtles was mentioned. But who cares, he’s not going to change it now.

Sheesh guys, calm down :slight_smile: , let us forget about sea turtlles and focus on this threads image!

By the way, I’ve added some more spray and fog to the waves…Stay tuned.