Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Jesse Sandifer

amazing detail in the model, have to stitch up my jaw…its on the floor :slight_smile: good luck…waiting to see more!

progress

more

side

FINALLY got the entire body’s medium detail blocking in. Now I’m gonna blend the arms in with some rockage and try to stay to the flavor I had in the original sketch. THEN, I’ll go in and put in finer detail on the body and face, which includes more stone relief texture, cracks, etc. Fun, fun…

…been lurking here from the start… just wanted to say he’s looking awesome:thumbsup: and that I really look forward to seeing where you take the animation

You better be careful, at the rate your going… you might finish this guy on time! :smiley:
Looks great, but the only thing thats bothering me is his silhouette. It seems very neat and organized for rocks. I know you’ve got a certain style your going for… but I think adding more random-ness to the size and shape of the rocks will make them read better.

Kinda like this…

[left]Great work though! Keep it up! :thumbsup: [/left]

[left]_sean[/left]

Looking cool Jesse. I think it’s gonna be challenging in handling the texture, to make sure that the face doesnt blend in too much with the rest of the body.

slangford: Most of that stuff you see in the back of him will never see the light of day, but I get your point though. Thanks!

Jason: Oh I’ve got some tricks up my sleeve! :slight_smile: (at least I hope)

I’m working on the arms next…I’m messing with some ideas to get it to blend with the style. I’m going the stone route, but in a different way.

got some detail going in the body now…arms are coming along next. I’m using ZB3’s HD geometry feature to make sure that the cracks and all that look decent. So some of the artifacting you see in the detail is because i don’t have the HD displaying. :slight_smile:

close up of some detail…the spherical shape is actually showing some of the HD res detail.

Close up of the rockdude’s face…Looking forward to starting texturing on this badboy!!

Check the previous page for additional updates to the overall body.

Rocks are looking great Jesse… but I wanna see some of that progress you’re makin on the arms. The little bit I can see looks really interesting.

God… This thing is starting to look good… Love the new update, adds randomness to it… Love it… Keep the amazing work up!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

awesome man… keep em coming

Insane!.. is that HD geo?

slangford: Arms are coming soon! Next, actually…

eljono90: That’s the key with something like I’m modeling, randomness! Of course, I still want him to look like one cohesive unit at the same time…

Wayne jermaine: :thumbsup:

DaddyMack: Why yes, it is! My first time to mess with it. Pretty cool stuff, except my 1 GB laptop is having a little bit of a hard time keeping up with some of the calculating and my formerly 50 mb file has shot up to almost 500 mb. :slight_smile:

When will you start blocking in some detail? LOL! This is lookin fresh man!

D.

here’s what I got for the arms so far…

another view