Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Dariusz Sebastian Burdon

Wow…thas scary…cool render…thats a evil concept!:twisted:…you need help my friend…jejeje

congratilation it’s a great job
:thumbsup:

Thanks for all kind words.
One thing i noticed in my animation is a spelling mistake at the very beginning. It is "Dariusz Sebastian Burdon prestents" should be “presents”. I guess I was too tired yesterday to notice that. I think I will change it.
Here is a link to animation in QuickTime format. You might find it quite big (57MB) but both sound and video quality is good.

http://www.pierzak.com/devilsjackpot/DevilsJackpot_mov.rar

Enjoy

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Photoshop,VRay

This time there are no spelling mistakes in my animation. Animation is and sound are all the same as before. The only thing that is updated are credits at the end and beginning.
Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Play Video >>

I have decided to use two extra weeks to tweak animation a little. I know that I need to add eyes movement in several shots and tweak hair in few other shots.
I would appreciate if you could tell me what you think is wrong or could be fixed.
Thank you.

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Photoshop,VRay

This is the final animation. During last 2 weeks I was tweaking little bits of my animation.
Things that I changed are:

• eye motion when girl looks at blocks with numbers.
  • eye motion when girl’s eyes turn evil
  • eye motion when girl’s hair and face change color
  • the way button breaks when girl stabs teddy in the eye.
  • few tweaks with sounds.

You can download High Quality [55MB] version with quality sound here:
http://www.pierzak.com/devilsjackpot/DevilsJackpot_mov.rar

I am very happy with final animation.
I appreciate your feedback.
Enjoy.

Play Video >>

good work. probably one of the most polished and complete entries i have seen. you did a great job all around with this. the sound really adds to the wickedness!!!

That successfully creates scary feel, not doubt. And I like your animation. My main comment would be on overuse of slow motion. I think it works quite well when the dices fall, but other than that I would not recoomend it, takes away the mood for me. But great job overall. All the best for the contest.

r1-381> Thanks :). I worked hard on it and was ready for the first deadline :slight_smile:

I am glad that you like my animation. Nobody ever said anything about slow motion until now. I tried not to overuse it. Perhaps I could speed up one or two shots :), but than again I am very happy with as it is;). I think it is good that animation tells a little story. Although it is short, it has beginning main piece and ending.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

I was just collecting files to update my website and decided to render and share the girl so that you can see her from every side. Enjoy
here is the link
http://www.pierzak.com/cgtalk/girl_spin.mov

Hey congrats for the lighting award!! Really happy that u got appriciation for ur work!

I totally agree with the judges comments - this piece has great lighting! Congratulations for getting the award!:applause:

Great work Piearzak, and very appropriety award! Congratulitions!

Great work, very well deserved

excellent stuff, well done and a well deserved recognition! I’ve always commented on how much I like your lighting in the work you’ve produced and I’m glad it didn’t go unnoticed!

awesome job!

congratulations…

Great work… and i love these ilumination and colors…

overcontrast> Thank You. I am also happy with the award. Thanks for your support.

rumour_nz> Thanks. I also think that the comment is spot on. :slight_smile:

npantic> Thank You. I was never proud of my lighting skills but this time i tried to lit scenes well. I ended up having lights that affect only environment and lights affecting only the character, plus shadow or ambient oclussion passes on several objects for examble doors :slight_smile:

ania> Thank you Ania. I appreciate your comment. I think we both did a good job on oour animations :slight_smile:

Versiden> Thanks. I am trying to learn as much as possible form every project I work on. I improved my lighting skills and my project managing skills. I wanted not only to have little girl doing something strange but also to create very short film. I had to divide animation into 32 shots (some of them i didn’t use). In the end I was happy to finish animation before deadline was extended. The additional two weeks allowed me to tweak few little things.

infoarq> I appreciate your comment. I think that cute and bright (almost cartoony) colors at the beginning emphasise the contrast between good and evil girl :slight_smile:

serwus :slight_smile:
Bardzo fajnie to wyglada Pierzak :slight_smile: Gratulacje ! :slight_smile:
pozdrawiam i zycze powodzenia :slight_smile:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.