Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Bernardo Arroyo Lindig

Hello!
well, i am going nuts with the speed here haha, too many things to do, this is the intro for the short, in the image below there is a sample of how the animation will look, since i dont have enought time to animate all the scenes, i will be telling the story trough still images, so the camera will be floating around this bamboo frames, and some of the images inside them will be animated, there are in total 16 takes accordingly to my schedule… so… let get working and less writing!
good luck to all!

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Digital Fusion,Photoshop,VRay

This is the story of Cunga, the dancing pink cocodrile… after his first failures he took another way of life, and after the disapointment of being at the top of the world, makes an insane decition to fulfill his destiny!

Play Video >>

So finally i finished my entry! there was a lot of work during the last week, but at the end i liked it, i hope you like it too! i have to go and see my GF now, (haven´t been able to see her in a while because of this… haha) anyways, good luck with all your entries!!
B-

Congrats on the final animation buddy… u did a nice job… all the best!

FANTASTIC… I LOVE THIS WORK… Diferent idea and presentation.
Congratulations…

Good Luck!!

Hey…nice compose…really funny…hey can i get a copy of your animation?:deal:

nice work getting your project done! i’m still grinding away…i wish i was done and could relax this weekend.
i really like how you presented this piece. nice compositing and storybook layout.

hey, thank you all for your comments!!
relaxing this weekend?? no… i have to get up to date with the normal stuff at work… so its still crunch time for me haha
there are many many things i would have liked to make with this short, like more animated scenes (or at least with a better quality, animating characters is my pain!!) and some problems here and there… also the soundtrack is made from free sounds I found on the internet and some of them are very low quality, but well, in the time i had to put it all together and everything the results are ok hehe
here is the link if you want to download the movie in windows media format: (27mb)
LINK

ok, good luck and if you are still working on your entry, happy rendering time!!
B-

Excllent stuff ! Very nice style !
You did it Bernardo !:beer:

hmmm i got an e-mail… there is a deadline extension to the challenge… hmm a couple more weekends gone hahaha, i will correct some of the stuff in the short… after watching that tofu zombie animation on the front page, there are quite a bunch of good ideas for telling the story… so more and more keyframes!! and hopefully I will have some time to fix some animation and sounds… let´s see how this thing ends…

good luck with your entries!!
B-

Hello!
well, i have been working on this little short for some time, but I still have to finish it, only one thing, i you would be working on it, what would you change??? I am trying to add as many details and crazy things as I can… the current version is quite slow and the timing is not as good as it should be… hmm i dont know… but does anyone have any ideas? haha
this mental blocks are really anoying!! hopefully I will be able to either |.-get drunk and start drawing some ideas… 2.-bang my head against the monitor unitl I get hallucinations… 3.- get one of those giant genetically modified carrots… hehe
well, good luck with your entries!!
B-

This is a sick film(in a very good way)! I love your renders! Man, you’re good at lightning! Anyway, a few more animated scenes, and a little work at the timing, and you’re there. I think the animation worked out fine! Hope you include the egg scene! (I haven’t seen your very last update, couldn’t view the file)

Good luck!
Roger.

Hello!
well, i am now rendering the whole video in 3dmax to be able to have nice titles and better transitions… (the “final” version was made in after effects and it was very rough…) now i hope the story is a little more understandable… hopefully I will have most of the short done by tomorrow and then I will pay special attenction to the sound effects… lots of fun still to come hehe!!

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Photoshop,VRay

This is the story of Cunga, the dancing pink cocodrile… after his first failures he took another way of life, and after the disapointment of being at the top of the world, makes an insane decition to fulfill his destiny!

Play Video >>

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Photoshop,VRay

Play Video >>

OMG!!! That is the BEST thing I have seen yet!!! You had me laughing so HARD!!! You are VERY CREATIVE!!:scream: LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! Hahahahaha:scream: I am really impressed, I am sad that I didn’t get to follow this through from the beginning. WOW :eek: I am still excited at your work hahahahaha :scream: This is refreshing! I really hope you do well. You have all my best wishes for everything you do!!! BEAUTIFUL work Bernardo :thumbsup:

really like your re-vamped version w/ the new 3d stuff. really adds to its whimsical (i think i spelled that right) animation. very strange behavior indeed.

hello!
Thanks you very much for your kind comments!
Hiun: haha, you made my day, it makes me really happy that this little crazy crocodile makes someone laugh =), anyways i went trough this contest on short bursts of crazy work, so I wasn´t really able to post all the steps, but sure it was very fun to make haha
r1-381: yeah, the last version looked like a cheap power point presentation… but making it in 3d was a very interesting practice…

good luck and have fun!

it’s the best animation i have seen here. everything good, very professional work.
Good luck!!

To be honest when I saw the small image I thought “crappy” but I really enjoyed it :slight_smile:
Well done, strangest movie so far :slight_smile:

Good luck now!
/peter

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.