Thanks for the nice comments
Good point, I'll try to change that in the next few days.
Heh, I wrote “default brush” in my first post but that’s clearly not very helpful, sorry for that. Anyway, for the 1st wip posted above I’ve only used the “hard round” brush at diameters varying from 3 to 60. For the second wip below I’ve also used the chalk brush (on the branche) at various diameters.
<edit: url is dead, sorry>
[li]Tried to make the branche look more real, could be better, but it’s quite hard.[/li][li]Added more reflected light[/li][li]Added some more depth to the background[/li][li]Made a start on detailing the big leaf in the front[/li][/ul]
Currently on my todo list:
[li]Still lots to do on every part of the scene, especially the outlines have to get better because I think they’re much too smudgy right now :)[/li][li]The upper right background area needs a lot of improvements as well[/li][li]Need to add some greenish light that’s reflecting from the green leaf on the frontmost orange (currently there’s a faulty white highlight on the left area of the orange)[/li][li]And, of course, turning the apricot into a real orange[/li][/ul]