Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Yap Kun Rong

Work in Progress

this is coming along amazingly, you really have a powerful style. Keep it up!

You can do it dude!!! let’s run the show until the end!
Great sketch and progressing anyway.

Concepts for Yamato’s Robots

Your work is amazing! The composition is perfect and I like your way of coming from rough to detailed work!

Guard 1: “The things they say about him, is it true?”

Guard 2: “That his army aren’t exactly like us?”

Guard 3: “what i heard was more about HER…”

cool style.I really like the latest update.

Wow that entry turned in something excellent. I like originality, point of wiew, colors. Impatient to see the final version

this has really come along way. killer composition and detail!

This is looking really great, I love the action and the movement. I think the way her dress is shaded right now though makes it look like her right leg is coming from the same place as her left. You probably haven’t gotten to there yet though. Anyways its looking amazing!

Going into the final touching ups. Any comments or critiques would be greatly appreciated~ Goodluck everyone!

This is the legend of Yamato Takeru. He was a famous warrior who defeated countless enemy and in one event dressed up as a maid and successfully completed his assasination.
Many versions of his legend exist and he was so powerful that generally people associate his forces with divine beings.

Software: Painter,Photoshop

This is the legend of Yamato Takeru. He was a famous warrior who defeated countless enemy and in one event dressed up as a maid and successfully completed his assasination. Many versions of his legend exist and he was so powerful that generally people associate his forces with divine beings.

Love the colours and feel to the image, keep up the great work looking foreword for more.

lovely composition, beautiful color!

a great big congrats on finishing. What a wonderfully dynamic image, great piece of work. Good luck with the rest

Wow… I can’t believe I never came across this thread during the competition. Your image turned out incredible. The red flags and dress really set it off and the lighting works really well. The movement reminds me of a Craig Mullins painting called “Flags” Well done and congrats on the concept art award.

-Mike Inscho

It’s rare to see such original composition on a piece that works so well. Really nice work.

Hey congrats on winning best concept… I hadnt seen this entry until I looked at the winners. Great image :slight_smile:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.