Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Rup Bhogal

Rup Bhogal is entered in the “Steampunk Myths and Legends” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Poseidon’s Kingdom

This the first time i’m starting from the beginning in the sense of the competition, so cheers and best of luck to everyone, comments are welcome of course, as i try to brainstorm some topics, I want to refine my work this time, hopefully

I know a few are already doing an idea around Hephaestus, but I also wanted to do something involving him, otherwise i’ll prob. never get around to do something related to him.This was initial idea, having him construct the bronze golem Talos, (for some reason i thought it was the cyclops), so showing him working on the head, as the body as in the back. Wasn’t too keen about the shot

Similar idea about Talos , but in this case he has contrcuted most of the body, as Hep looks up and admires his weapon. I was thinking of doing a christmas theme, with santa,but not this time, anyways these two were my inital ideas, I like this one a bit better, going to base around this idea, going to try another shot

its a quick sketch of heps workshop, as Hephaestus contructs Talos in his workshop, location being inside a volcano, i think i’ll progress with this concept,change it later if it doesn’t go the way I planned, few changes are prob. needed, comments are welcome

its a quick sketch of heps workshop, as Hephaestus contructs Talos in his workshop, location being inside a volcano, i think i’ll progress with this concept,change it later if it doesn’t go the way I planned, few changes are prob. needed, comments are welcome

I decided to create a better composition, and fully concentrate on the environment. I was deciding to scrape this peice, because of another idea; santa;s workshop, but I decided to continue to do this one, and made it into hep’s workshop, it has some few inventions that he had created, might not be clear at the moment, but they are the brass bull, the giant, and his workers, but i’m going with this piece for now, and santa;s workshop is also possible

Beneath the concept are just some rough shots of the workers that will be working for hep.

I’m not sure, but I hope what i’m doing is correct, because i’m confused in the sense of what is needed, so in essence hep the god is a worker and he’s creating steampunk gadgets, is that incorrect in the sense its not him transformming into a steampunk type, hoping to hear from anyone, so i can correct what im doing, cheers

I like it a lot…one huge workshop!

Good Luck!

Thanks David,

I didn’t know if I was going in the right direction, I guess that means I am, Cheers!

Rupy

wow! … this sure is tough! … i bet it’s gonna be a knockout once it’s complete! … all the best to you dude! :thumbsup:

I love the added depth and detail of the most recent workshop picture.

You’ve got a really nice style almost like using pastels I think it’ll be very interesting to see where this goes.

Keep up the great work!

Wendell-

Thanks for the comments guys,

I will work out the color scheme this week, and woud love to hear your comments on the progression of my work, cheers

Rupy

Tyring to figure out the color palette of the painting, but during the process i reliazed its not strong enough concerning the topic, I will still finish it to see how the final product will look like, but for now i’m switching to another concept which I really like

Basically I wanted to something more, I remembered the story that i read on a long time ago, so I decided to create a quick concept on that, its about indra the god, basically its based on 3 headed elephant, which went to destroy the 3 headed serpent because it kept on sucking up all the water banks, really good story/myth. If you want to know more about it the wiki is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airavata, and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indra just did my first concept on it, cheers

Rupy

Same image, but smaller, cheers

Your last idea looks fantastic!

Good luck

I don’t know which concept I like best, though I am thinking it is the elephant. These all rock, this is going to be a great thread to watch :slight_smile:

Heres a quick color version, of the sketch, with a few tweeks, still haven’t worked in too much of the lighting, but basic colors are there, i might stick with this shot, but going to try another one, maybe I can get some more drama, after that I can move onto the progress section. Comments always welcome, cheers

Like it :slight_smile:

Keep going!