Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Michele Bedendo

Michele Bedendo is entered in the “Steampunk Myths and Legends” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept / pre-visualization: Athena’s Birth

“In the late Classical Greek myths, Athena is most commonly described as the daughter of Zeus, born from his head after he swallowed her pregnant mother.”

When I was a young student I found this birth really interesting: the great Zeus punished by his own sin.
In this case I just have represented Zeus as an old, steam, rusty man who lived all his life accumulating the steam power in himself. Near the end of his life he can no more keep all this steam and from his ambition born a new steam shape, both powerful and beatiful: Athena.

It still is concept. I think I will create an illustration mainly 2D but with some 3D component in order to help with shapes and details :smiley:

Cheers

Completed the Zeus head and sketched something about AThena’s body…Still lot to do.

See you. :slight_smile:

that is very good man :slight_smile: i would enjoy modeling that… any tips on texturing? i can never make good textures for anything but i can model pretty well.

Hi,

I’m glad that you like it :slight_smile:

When I was working on this for the challenge it was meant to be a 2D illustration, so I didn’t thought about a 3D version at all.
For me it’s ok if you want to make a 3D version but please don’t forget to mention me :wink:
In general for this illustration I was thinking about a dark, old melancholy mood. Iron, copper and maybe some wood material to get an ancient look for Zeus and a smooth clean steel for Athena’s body.
By the way, this is my idea but feel free to interpret it as you prefer :slight_smile:

Michele

I would be honored to attempt, I am fairly new to 3d design but i enjoy a challenge :slight_smile: and your name will be involved don’t worry.

Good work :smiley:

Michele

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.