Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: lynda bathory

lynda bathory is entered in the “Steampunk Myths and Legends” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The Flying Dutchman

A very late entry, but ever since this challenge was announced, the idea of a Steampunk Flying Dutchman just wouldn’t leave my thoughts!

A very late entry, but ever since this challenge was announced, the idea of a Steampunk Flying Dutchman just wouldn’t leave my thoughts!

Using the concept sketch for the ship I created a reference model. I changed the position of the propellers to have them at the back of the gondola. comments and critiques welcome.

Using the concept sketch for the ship I created a reference model. I changed the position of the propellers to have them at the back of the gondola. comments and critiques welcome.

It looks very good so far, can’t wait to see the final image.

I have roughed in some of the metal and the window surfaces. I have also tried to create more drama with the waves. Comments and critiques welcome.

Linda! So good to see you here! what an surprise!

I am continuing the base surfacing. Columns and machinery still to go… Comments and critiques welcome.

The base surfaces are done and the catwalks and “crows nests” are near completion. I decided I needed to work on the rest and so the waves are under way. Comments and critiques most welcome.

Hi Jack!

Thanks for stopping by! It is more of a surprise for me! LOL But I decided that the chance for some good critiques was worth the risk of a last week entry. I just hope I do not crash and burn! :wink:
Lynda

Hi Jon-Brand,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look and for your encouragement! :slight_smile:

Lynda

Hi Lynda! Didn’t have your news for such a long time! Just got back from Shanghai and I see such a tight artwork coming from you! I really like the painterly feeling that you have managed to give to your 3D model, that is very challenging to accomplish!

I have completed the 2 shipwrecked crew. The detailing took a lot more time than I had planned, so I decided to share an image. On to the main event…

Steampunk interpretation of the Flying Dutchman legend. I have always found the tale of this damned ship to be very sorrowful. As a steampunk version, I wanted to create an air ship that echoed the tall ships from the legend. and so I added the inverted “masts” to the underside of the gondola. Doomed to sail forever, the unfortunate crew sails on a ship that is corroded and decrepit.

The pitiful shipwrecked crew is hoping for rescue unaware of what fate awaits them.

Hi Donglu!

Thanks for taking the time to look at my latest and offering your very kind words of encouragement. I hope you like the latest version. Can’t wait to hear all about Shanghai!

Lynda

Hey Lynda congrats on your final image. A real mix of 2d and 3d :smiley: Epic scale and those waves look great! Best of luck

Hello Jeremy,

I really appreciate your taking the time to visit, and kind words regarding my work! Thank you!

Lynda

gratz on finishing Linda. Best wishes.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for taking a look at the latest image. I would also like to thank you for your continued support. It really means a lot to me to have such a good friend out there!:slight_smile:

Lynda