Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Lautaro Gonz?lez

Lautaro Gonz?lez is entered in the “Steampunk Myths and Legends” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The Moirae

Hi everybody there!!

Finally I’m taking part in this Contest. I started with the sketch two weeks ago…so…I took courage and now I post it…
The topic I chose to make this ilustration is"The Moirae", the three women who, according to the greek mythology, determine our destiny at birth using the thread of life. Since we are in the Victorian age, I believe that a Textile Factory would perfectly fit the context …
Generally, these three sisters are illustrated as three elderly women. But for my illustration I decided to asign to them different ages according to the role they play in determinig our destinies…

Next I will supply a link from Wikipaedia where you can find an explanation of this myth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moirae

This is the reference material I used to make the concept…
I did some drafts of the machines, pipes, etc., so that I could understand better the concept of Steampunk…

Any C&C are welcome!!
Regards!

This is another reference image…

Some drafts…

more drafts…:slight_smile:

and the last one…

Hi everybody!!
Here are the drafts of the characters…

and here are the final characters…

Awesome character design! Your sketches are very clean too. I’m looking forward to the composistion.

Beautiful sketches, they have a lot of character!

Thanks Womball for your comments…Now I will submit the composition!!

Thanks Lah!!

Hi everybody!!
Here are the process of the sketches…I started with single forms and then I add some details…

Another step of the concept…

one more with the three ladies…

And finally, the Sketch finished…
In the following days I will post the progress of the modelling…
Any comments and critiques are welcome!!
Regards!!

Hi everybody!!
Here is the modelling process of Clotho…

one more…

These imeges has been rendered in vray whit two lights and a simple grey material…

C&C are welcome…
Thanks!!