Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Jeremy Love

Wow Jez, this piece is coming along great:) Contender;)

Looking awesome. I really like the dynamic figure at top and the metallic machine treatment. The woman in front has her face turned at quite a difficult angle to paint convincingly, and I think once you fix up a few minor anatomical details on her she will look great. Maybe her treatment should be more stylised like the guy with the light sword (who I wouldn’t touch). Just my 5 cents. Keep it up. :beer:

Damn this image is amazing. Good luck with finishing! I wouldn’t know what to tell you. You’re image is kicking my ass. I would love to hear what you think as far as my image goes. later.

Hey

I think you have done a really nice job. I am impressed that you succeeded with the composition, quite a challenge. I must say I liked it more when the girl didn´t have horns, It was just more subtle. But that´s just taste in the end. :slight_smile:
Great work

my steampunk

www.rasmusberggreen.com

really cool concept.beautiful composition and ofcoz I like that saber a lot.great job.

Nice work Jeremy, love the composition and lighting on the characters.!

I love the designs on the machine…very Steampunk. Good Job!

Great Job and painting, i love mechanic and fx.
Good Continuation

My entrie of this challange
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/steampunk/view_entries.php?challenger=16245

Wow man, this is fantastic! Great choice of subject and a very dynamic composition, the visual flow is quite nice. Your design and detailing are great too! I loved looking through all your pre vis stuff too, some really sweet concepts went into this. No real crits to offer… I think it’s solid. The only tiny thing I might suggest would be smoothing out the female figure’s left hand a touch. Very nice!

GREAT!!! its a STEAMPUNK O_o

Software: Photoshop

Description to go here… Hermes cuts off Argos’s head and rescues IO who has been turned into a Heifer.

That’s huge improve from the 12th!

I love the background, love the red on Hermes. Personally I find the light on IO a bit too bright. I’d make her a dark figure with a rim light silhouette and makes the light focus more on Hermes and Argos since they are the main action of the image but that’s just me.

Man I really love this one. Good luck with judge!

Beautiful and vivid!
You did a really good job on this. : )

wow jez, this is smashing, ultra sharp rendering bro:p

Im loving this one Jezza:) The focus points lead the eye nicely from jetpack dude, the head and the lady on the hand. Swoosh!!! ya get ya head sliced mr Argos :smiley:

perfect ingredients for an effective image.

Very well executed…

And cool idea!

Wish you best of luck!

Not aloud to blaspheme, but this is (-------) awesome!!! Love the composition, love the colours, love the story… love it! Good luck to you! :slight_smile:

Kick-ass entry! The action is so well expressed in the colors and composition :slight_smile:

JackZhang - Thanks mate I like the idea of making IO a silhouette… I ran a little short on time to experiment. My original idea was to try and make my image similar in value to some of the great masters paintings… particulary Edouard Manet’s ‘Luncheon on the Grass’ where the female is quite bright in contrast to the rest of the painting… but I just couldnt bring myself to add more black to the painting :S

Nightlitsky - Thanks very much :slight_smile:

rodimus25 - Hey Roddy! Cheers bro hey nice job on yours :wink:

Markyzan - Mr Hansen! :smiley: thanks mate congrats on your image

Dekartdek - Thank you best of luck to you too

andrewpyott - Freaken A mate! :wink: Thanks heaps

MartinNielsen - Cheers!

very nice finish coldrum! has some very juicy things in there. i like the weap design saw u put some studies for it ,the engravings and the materiality of the robo shoulder,and of the melting metal! cant go wrong with that:D
only got 1 small crit if i may,the light bulb is compeeting with the little head thingy and its ahrd to realise whats going on around there.but overall nice design! Gl with it