Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Jack Zhang

Art2: Thank you Marlon. I think this challenge will be a milestone for me

Ferx: Good luck to you too Fernando. Glad you like the gif.

FOURK: Yes, I am still teaching there during the evening. Feel free to drop by.

Collings: hey nick, thanx for dropping by. Best luck to you too!

RicoD: I will make some progress this week.

nwiz25, MartinNielsen: Nevile and Martin, thank you two so much for following Donglu’s thread. And thank you very much for dropping. I will turn a chinese legend into this piece. You probably already guessed. (there aren’t many chinese legend that the westerns familiar with) :stuck_out_tongue:

hey jack
how are you?best of luck for the challenge.cant wait to see what you come up with

16 regular or weird gears.

oh very cool collection of gears :slight_smile:

Hi Jack! glad to see you in this one , can you send me the collection of gear you made? hehehe kidding man!
good luck and have fun!

This should give a better idea of what I want to do with the big guy.

looking really good :beer: can`t wait to see this in 3d keep going :thumbsup:

I really like the dramatic color range you have going there and the whole thing is very cool. :smiley: So you’re going with a steampunk King Kong?

Ah! Jack, you bad! having been hidding those gears from me during the whole weekend! :scream:
I really love them! I strongly encourage you to become a concept artist! :stuck_out_tongue:

Killermachine: Hey Amrinder. it’s been a while. Good to see you here too.

arLutic: Thanks Gerard. It’s just some prop_gear files that I did so I can “lego” them later. Oh Oh! you are from montreal!

monsitj: Welcome welcome Monsit. It’s an honor to have you here in my post. Sure I will send those gears to you, with absolutly no charge, yet with a transition fee of…(grin), oh and with tax too :stuck_out_tongue:

thebest: Won’t let you down Tony~

paperclip: Hey Theresa! Good to see you here. It’s gonna be The monkey king vs steam KingKong. The fight of the two legendary monkeys (well, king kong isn’t a monkey but… you know…)

Donglu-Littlefish: I’m a good kid… o.o

Hey Jack, nice work on the concept pre-vis sketches and the gears. Looking forward to seeing this one come together. Cheers.

WIP, low rez gorilla head

ok let’s the fun begin :bounce:.

sweet!!steam king-kong Vs monkey king…this will be a real good entry to see :buttrock:

here goes the first polys :beer: keep going :wip:

King Monkey? Great Sage, Equal of Heaven? No contest. He’ll duff up Kong!

Good luck Jack, sure it’ll be great!

pffwaa…great modeling as usual Jack. really clean low res.
:thumbsup:

Hey Jack,

Goshhhh, love the expression and lighting mood in that steamgorilla face! :D, really awesome! And you make a great work with all gears designs ! Cant wait to see your whole concept mate. Cheers!! :beer:

Gorilla low complete. No feet? Too low rez? Anatomy has problem? Who cares~~ :stuck_out_tongue:

Watch me, here’s where the fun really begins.

A quick rig and quick skinning, here you go, close-to-final pose.