Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Jack Zhang

Nice work, Jack! I love the additions to the foreground - the bushes, the hinds of ground below the Ape’s right arm - all of those really serve to anchor the lower left character to the ground in a way that wasn’t there in your earlier posts. Nice work, and congrats for recovering and finishing!

hey jack congratz man, worth the effort ! the ending result looks great :). Best of luck.

Woah! Nice step up for you with this one! I love the design of Kong. Really nice choice of color pallette and nice composition. You’ve really nailed the scale and the action(something that I do not see often in 3D a lot, when it comes to stills). This is a really strong entry. Congrats on finishing Jack.

Hi Jack!

How fabulous is this??? You have created such power and drama–it is a joy to see! Sorry to read about your file–yet you have pulled off a masterpiece in spite of that! That’s talent!!!
Best of luck!:applause:
Lynda

You did a great job Jack, even if you had problems at the end, the picture is really nice.
Very dynamic and the design of the Gorilla is magnific ! :wink:

Neat! A steampunk Transformer!

(Kidding, kidding. Very nice work, though.)

Nice finish! Congrats on finishing; an amazing piece with all the small details in it that you can just get lost in. Good luck on the judging :slight_smile:

I have witnessed the entire journey you have walked through for this entry and the passion that you have demonstrated for your artworks will always remain a great inspiration for me. Thanks for all the support you gave me during my own creation process. All those evenings that we sit together and discuss about each other’s works will always be part of our sweetest memories.
Congratulations for the great final! :love:

Amazing final work Jack, congratulations my friend! I wish you win the first prize, you surely deserve it for being such a hard worker !

Jack, magnificent work and an excellent composition! Attendance of your page simply dements! Amazingly, but as it was possible to you will see in the work beginning what result, you have not departed from the first sketches - having kept a composition. Perfectly well. Work is worthy to be in leaders. I nervously smoke aside :eek: . Good luck! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

On the note of your losing more than a months work. I have learned that often when we are required to go back and redo something we have already done, it usually turns out much better than it would have otherwise been. Seeing your piece I cannot help but compliment you and commend you for your diligence and hope.

The final submission is officially over. I wish all participants who completed the final submission good luck. It gives me great pleasure to share the WIP experience with all of you. Thank you very much.

Well, thanks to you too :slight_smile: This challenge seems to me to have the best collection of great artwork so far. And you sure helped :wink:

I’ve spied this Thread everyday after school, thank you for the breakdowns Jack.

Vraiment impressionant.
-Alexis

stunning…:eek::arteest:

The final picture is very strong .

Contrast between colors, warm/cold balance, silhouette, and again composition contribute to
this very unique picture !

I know I said that already Jack, but again great work :slight_smile:

I wish you the best :wink:

Congrats man for a very strong piece. I love both their poses, very dynamic…and i reallly love the lit and mood. COngrats man! :applause:

Beautifull and a great skilled work! Nice composition and mood.
You’re one of the most talented artist, rising in this field. Thank God for your skills…

Regards,
Jomar Machado

Hey Jack,

Sorry to be late on your fantastic thread my friend :smiley:

I dont have words, your image is simply awesome!! Totally love the epic feel on it, the great action and tension, the fantastic mood and enviroment. For sure one of my favorites :smiley: I wish you the best of luck !! And yes… time for a lot of tequila shots!! Congrats!! Cheers my friend!! :beer: Salud !! :smiley:

This is probably the most passionate attempt at a still piece that I’ve ever seen on cgtalk. I can’t even imagine how much time went into this work (ok I can after reading through the wip). Not to mention how much I learned in these pages. The apprentice has become the master. :slight_smile: This would be my pick for winner.