Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Jack Zhang

Ver cool, I especially love the vegetation in the background, very atmospheric!

looking good Jack glade u didn`t give … I think everyone here is much happier than u are lol keep going :thumbsup:

Hey man, I’m sorry that happened to you, it really stinks but hey you persevered! Now if we would be able to submit these bad boys right? :slight_smile:

you are great man.i wasnt able to do that.that could be added with the fact that i was losing interest in it too.but i havnt given up on it totally :stuck_out_tongue: keep it up and submit it :buttrock:

Story:

Sun Wukong, the monkey king, met King Kong on his new journey to the west. The legendary two mighty kings, from two different cultures, are about to start a great battle.

Background:

This is my fifth time entering CGS challenge.

I wanted to make a steampunk monkey king fights a giant monster, based on the famous Chinese legend journey to the west at the beginning. Not long after I set the idea, Kong, the mighty king from the western culture appeared in my head, who now become the opponent of the monkey king in this image.

I want to create as much contrasts as possible. Such as bright and dark lighting, warm and cold color, big and small silhouette, strength and intelligent, western and eastern, ancient and modern.

I hope you enjoy the image.

Congratulations! It’s a great piece, You got the sense of scale very well, the big ape looks really imposing. And, I got to say that again, the pipe work on the face is amazing, it just works great for the expression.

As always, thanks for sharing, It was really fun.
Best wishes Jack!

congratulations on finishing! sad to hear about the corrupted file, but i guess you ended up in creating a better result than before :slight_smile: again, this is a really awesome work, good luck!

Software: Photoshop,XSI

Story:

Sun Wukong, the monkey king, met King Kong on his new journey to the west. The legendary two mighty kings, from two different cultures, are about to start a great battle.

Background:

This is my fifth time entering CGS challenge. I wanted to make a steampunk monkey king fights a giant monster, based on the famous Chinese legend journey to the west at the beginning. Not long after I set the idea, Kong, the mighty king from the western culture appeared in my head, who now become the opponent of the monkey king in this image.

I want to create as much contrasts as possible. Such as bright and dark lighting, warm and cold color, big and small silhouette, strength and intelligent, western and eastern, ancient and modern.

I hope you enjoy the image

Here’s my corrupted version. Finally i got the strength to look at it again.

Congratulations man! it turned out great!

While working on my file at the end of each night I made 3 different back ups… my file was 650MB and the cpu started to make weird noises… I thought it was gonna melt or blow. I’m happy you were determined to finish, it paid off!

congrats Jack u did a great job mate … I guess from now on u will make a backup every sec :wise: and every minute u will put them on a backup hdd

Great work. As once a great CG designer; Peter Zoppi said…its the DESIRE to CREATE ART that makes us go forward. Im very Glad that little - yet powerful spark is in you.

Good luck!

Great!
A wonderful pic in a wonderful world.
:buttrock:

You finished! Amazing work man! No words! I hope you win the first place - would be so well deserved! :arteest:

Great, final result is far from imagination. I really like the procedures and working steps of this work. Thank you for attending the contest.
I wish you good luck too, I have five or six favourite, one of them is you!

Best
Ertaç

Really nice man :wink:

Awesome work!I love action into your work.Lucky!

Congratulations. Awesome job:)

Really nice jack ! During the challenge I saw your image changing from the little box modeling monkey to this beast ! Awesome work !

Truly great work Jack. Bravo! You need to teach me some compositing tricks man!