Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Guillaume Dubois

Beautiful! I really love that final image! Fantastic work! Very good in the finals.

very nice indeed :]

Thanks a lot you all it’s so nice hearing that.:stuck_out_tongue:

I will nearly make somme little improvement because of the suplementary week they gave to us.

Nice picture. i like what you’ve done with background

Really nice, its simplicity makes it very striking! I’m always a sucker for Alice In Wonderland stuff!

Software: 3ds max,mental ray,Photoshop,ZBrush

This is an adaptation of “Alice’s adventures in Wonderland” from Lewis Carol.
In my version of the story the wonderland is in fact a steamland. I have decided to recreate the meeting between Alice and the Caterpillar.
Here is the part part of the text that has inspired me:
“There was a large mushroom growing near her, about the same height as herself; and, when she had looked under it, and on both sides of it, and behind it, it occurred to her that she might as well look and see what was on the top of it.
She stretched herself up on tiptoe, and peeped over the edge of the mushroom, and her eyes immediately met those of a large blue caterpillar, that was sitting on the top, with its arms folded, quietly smoking a long hookah, and taking not the smallest notice of her or of anything else.”

Really amazing image, almost peotic and great poses!
Congratulations!
:thumbsup:

Nice work Guillaume !

I didn’t know at all you were participating, i just discovered your image right now, good concept and nice retranscription of this story scene.

My favorite part of the image is the creature, i feel a bit of confusion on the ground with the feet, i think the blur is not always where it should be, and also the lens blur effect can really be improved…but that’s my opinion :slight_smile:

Good luck with the results !

Thanks you all,

I’m quite agree with you Larsen espacially with the feet… but now its too late.:rolleyes:

Very original illustration of my most lovely fairytale!
Good luck!
Arthur Mirzoyan

Wow: outstanding work! :buttrock: The design of the elements if fantastic: mainly the design of the tree and the small details on the caterpiller is adorable! :slight_smile: Also the lighting is very well done! I hope the best for you for the jury-process! :slight_smile:

I’m very happy you like it, thank you

Hi Guillaume,

Your picture is amazing and one of the best I’ve seen in this contest ! You are very talented ! :bowdown:

Everything look very nice, modeling, expression, colours, ideas, … :thumbsup:

go on !! and maybe see you soon !

Julien

Merci Julien ça me fait très plaisir que mon image te plaise.
J’espère que de ton coté ton année supplémentaire se passe bien t que t’apprends plein de choses

A bientot

Fantastic work! I don’t envy these judges whatsoever, as there are like 20 5-star picture images at least. This could get ugly, in a good way! :slight_smile: hahaha

You got the character award! I knew this was great work :thumbsup:

Wow! Congrats on winning the best character award!! Great job!! :slight_smile:

Thank you.:slight_smile: In fact I m really surprise, I didn’t think I can win any prize due to the good works i’v seen.

I hope you the best for the next challenge

Fantastic character, well deserved placing!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.