Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Daniel

Spot on! Im a Max user :wink:
Thank you so much Pyke! Im working on max2009 but also have max9 from some years ago, so this can be used for only water scene. But those waves looks really nice man.

nice concepts :slight_smile:

really like the water colour feel of the last one.

:slight_smile:

good luck

cheers

Daniel

i don’t know whether this is useful… But for creating under water effects. I normally
use animated texture maps … most of the time it works… and very cheep to render also…

But then again if u are looking for real dynamic simulation …it’s a different story budy !!

again wish u all the best

Just glad I could help! Im sure there may be a way to bake in the animation that the wave thing generates? Im not a very technical person, so Im probably wrong! :smiley:

I like the color schemes and the Atlantis theme. I will come back here often to check the progress.
Good luck!

I’m excited to see the progression on this. I like the story and the concepts are looking really solid. Good luck!

Hi guys,

That’s a great concept! Atlantis, the dream of all adventurers out there!

I would go with our first color pallet - like those dimmed colors… I imagine things would look like that under water…

And that’s a nice (and very complex!) character design :slight_smile:

Good luck, and have fun!

Hey all! Thanks for the good feedback! Our team leader is on vacation and will be back thursday. Me and skullsongs are producing stuff though, so there will be an update with pictures come the end of the week.

Sorry for the pictureless bump :stuck_out_tongue:

dC

You have good illustrations, congratulations!!

Character Concept of Atlantis Characters
by dCepT

Character Concept of Atlantis Characters
by dCepT

Thank you LoboRecio! dCept has done great job!

Well Im finally back from Germany and had some time to relax so Im back with 200% more energy :wink: So I figured out a good way to achieve realistic waves and are currently working on a Maelstrom.

I hope I have something tomorrow. Also I will start modelling from next week. Cant wait to get started. I think we will start with making a neutrael Atlantis Character that we can work with for developing new Atlantis characters.

Hand drawn character sketch by dCepT

Character Concept of a female version of the Atlantis Peoples

this is some very slick looking stuff!

About time to show of some 3d stuff too… Still pretty earli stage, but have made the simulation and just need a little tweeking… The lights and skies are still just wip.
We have not added foam, fog etc. The boat is still just a quick mesh.

Next step now its to make a female base mesh. :slight_smile:

Fantastic concept art man! I LOVE the look and feel thats coming through in the drawings, and Ill be very excited to see you carry that through to the final product.

Keep it up!

Very beautiful female concepts! Looking forward for 3d realization of them.

What are you using for the water?

Good work, team :buttrock:

Thank you guys! I cant wait to see some final results. dCepT has made some orthos to me for modelling so I will start modelling today.

The water is rendered with vray, were I used Blurs Maelstrom modifier for the twirl effect in the maelstrom, and the waves are pretty much bumps. I tried alot of displacements. But the scene got to huge and to much to simulate so just gived the bump a chance and it worked pretty okay… I think I will add some displacements for larger waves.
The water material its just a falloff in reflection with adjusted curves and a dark blue color.

As I said earlier the picture you see of the sea is just a test and wip. But the water it self its starting to look more the way we want too :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for all the comments! We’re having a blast with this! Next week we’ll get to storyboarding and such… gonna be cool to show you guys the progression of the story!

Skullsong and I have started concepting various machinery and whatnot that we need for this thing as well. Gonna get it all steampunke’d up soon :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support chicos y chicas!!

dboy: Monday, though, for the next meeting on this, yeah? Lock down the story? Me and skullsong’ll probably split the storyboards between us, to get 'em hammered out as soon as possible… I can look into building a little animatic for us from 'em…

dC