Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Carl Linné

Carl Linné is entered in the “Steampunk Myths and Legends” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: angel of death (the grim reaper)

After doing allot of thinking I finally figured out what I want to do and I has come to be a kind of romantic image between beauty and the beast sitting on a bridge over some nice water or such.
Enjoy.

Started to model the beast.

and some detales

So I changed my concept a bit from “beauty and the beast” to simply “death”.

Why? you might ask, well it was one of my first thoughts in the character Oden but I did´t have a clear thought but now I have a clearer view and it´s not beaty it´s death.

So the concept is, a fallen warrior or just someone dying on the ground seeing death through his cracked goggles.

Hej! Nice to see you in this one. Concept looks good and death as a topic can be real steamy. I like the idea of having the scene displayed through a pair of broken glasses too. Lycka till!

continuing the modelling.

Hej Gunilla och tack :slight_smile:

continuing the modelling

inside the chest

ribs

Nice one! Liked the machinery inside the beast! It almost looks like it really can work by itself :thumbsup: !

Thanks for the nice comment davius.

so continuing with the modelling, only 28 days left now so I better hurry up if I?m going to finish this in time.

left arm

Wing

made the head

closeup of the head,
the head consist of captured souls heads twisting and turning around to get a 360 degree view.

Long time no update, but I have continued with my little image.
Anyway pose is set still working on lightning and shading, and here is 2 bg colour test, don’t know if I what to go with a yelloish sun bg or a sky blue, well well only time can tell.

also did a cellshade test, will maby use it in the post proses.