Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Antone Magdy

Hey, Tony!! Where are your updates? There is still some time left now.

So Keep going :buttrock:

been a really long time :smiley: … I dont know if Iam going to finish this or not but no harm to “keep going” :D…still no texturing for the characters

lol this is strange :wise: I uploaded this image after seeing your reply Gunie and am trying to figure how in the world did it become before it …anyway let`s imagine it is the last post :scream:

well the time is extended so yeah more updates :D:D

Hi Tony,

This is looking really cool man, I love the pillars and background in general. I love the sunlight too, I think the main area is perhaps a little dark and it makes the main characters harder to make out, but its looking cool mate. Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Cheers

Yep… really cool to have more time… glad to see this update… kind mood… maybe the sun is to high not ?
good courage for the last steps… now, you must finish :wavey:
keep going :bounce:

I agree, you must finish this with the extra time…it’s already looking so good:thumbsup: ! Now just try to let the characters stand out a little more…

Keep going, Tony!

-sabrina

Very nice update dude:). Two things. Right now I guess your scene just has one light. You need to add one more light for characters. And also some highlights are required on your characters. Just add some specular for that. Second is make the camera little more dynamic.
My suggestion is move the camera little more towards the characters. Little lower angle and with some more Fov.

The steampunk mixed in with the ancient scenery works really well. It looks surprising but also believable. The lighting is also believable and beautiful but I agree with the comments already made that some more light on the characters would help. Here are some possible ideas. As always, feel free to ignore all of them!

[ol]
[li]You could put another light source between the characters, like a glowing piece of machinery or something
[/li][li]You could put fire-coloured bits of light glowing from parts of the characters
[/li][li]You could even swing the sun light-source right around so it is still low but now behind the camera, so the characters are hit full-on with rich golden sunlight, with very long shadows behind them
[/li][/ol]
It’s great to see this still coming together

Like the lighting :wink:

Yeah, nice update - now put in that extra something and rush it to the finish, go go go!!

Yea! It’s not over until the fat lady sings, and we’ve got her gagged for a few days, so get those updates going :smiley:

Here Comes Judgment Day for our Little guy Ancient Egyption used to Belive that after death there is a trial Done by god Osiris and Anubis The god of death using the balance if the heart weights (in the jar)more than the feather then this person was bad

this challenge was fun thanks to everyone

TheFreak ,Lemog ,daWinky ,madshooter ,mdavid ,Elendil_le_Grand ,Gunilla ,ace4016 thanks everyone for the crits (I know I didn`t do all but really that was appreaciated :beer: ) and the nice words wish u all good luck

Thanks everyone for making this challenge so much fun , hope u all had fun :cool:

Software: 3ds max,mental ray,Photoshop

Here Comes Judgment Day for our Little guy Ancient Egyption used to Belive that after death there is a trial Done by god Osiris and Anubis The god of death using the balance if the heart weights (in the jar)more than the feather then this person was bad

Well you finish it :wink:
Good luck :slight_smile:

Hey, you finished! Looks good and congrats!

Congrats man… you must be proud… to reach your first challenge… It’s already a good reason to be happy mister KeepGoing :beer:

I wish you all the best my friend ! :slight_smile:

Elendil_le_Grand: thanks mate :wink: glade I got a new friend :beer:

Gunilla: thanks Gunie :cool:

Lemog: Thanks mate, I`am proud but not that much I mean I see alot of things that needs more work but I guess this is life lol …note this is not my first challenge :blush: u can check my signature …thanks for supporting all the way my friend :beer:

Hello bro…congratulations on finishing this picture …i think you have some very cool things going in this art piece, i can see you improved a lot in your texturing skills…!! good work… my best wishes and keep on training hard my friend!