Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Aleksander (Olek) Novak-Zemplinski

cropping

thanks Jacek,
i agree. I like this image is better when its cropped. I couldn’t decide if to go vertically or horizontally so in the end decided to show the whole thing. it can be cropped later to whatever format it needs to fit - my website for examples is very horizontal.
the right top side of the image has it’s purpose. it needs to feel heavy - like all this weight is coming down on Penelope - the main character.
Thanks for appreciating the vehicle. I wanted to make it original and within the genre.

Thanks again,
Olek

Amazing work, man. I love the way you’ve seamlessly combined detail and free flowing sketch qualities. The composition, the colour, the textures, everything is working. It’s one of my favorites in the steam punk theme and I’d be proud to call it my own… I love it.

Olek, CONGRATULATIONS!

That has to be my favorite piece of steam hardware in the whole challenge. Just absolutely love this. Like I said one of the most cinematic, and I’d love to see the movie or read the graphic novel: I’m a sucker for greek myths.

(btw, I’m on Photoshop CS - no fancy tricks :slight_smile: ).

I’ve just looked at the full-res and it’s beautiful. At least you got an image in. Good luck with the judging, but mainly just good luck with everything, and I hope this has inspired you to do more.

uh, Olek… i just found yours…never seen before… damn great details… i LOOVE the rifle the foreground guy is holding…!! great work… good luck with judging!

fantastic work, i like the dramatic lighting and compo, for me this is the winner of the image challenge ;), well done.

Wonderful!
Only suggestion: The rear guns look too small to protect the ship.

Thank you so much for showing that high res. Wonderful :slight_smile:

Aleksander,

it is amazing image,
one of my favourites.

it is wonderful how your suggested all of those textures and details.

wish you good luck!

thank you guys for all the compliments. it’s very kind.
Olek

Great Job! Thanks for sharing this!

and good Luck!

If I had one wish right now, it would be to live in your imagination! Concept, composition, mood - color - detail --it is all so amazing that I cannot begin to congratulate you on your achievement! Thank you for sharing Odysseus’ journey… and yours, aswell! Good luck!

Lynda

thank you very much for your comment Lynda. it means a lot to me.
good luck with your stuff!
Olek

Great Concepts, Epic Piece!

Congratulation for all winner !
and for all the member who joined the challenge but did not win yet you’ll be lucky next time
:wink:

did i miss something ??? —winners ? where ? :slight_smile:

Beatiful work, stunning in every respect. Well done on the HM :slight_smile:

OleK, I’m really glad you got a prize, you definitely deserved something, and great lighting was just one aspect that made this such a beautiful piece. Pity there weren’t more categories:).

hey dood, congratulations. well deserved recognition for a great picture you made here!

Congratulations Aleksander!

I am so happy that you won! This is one of my favorite works of all time!

a real wonder! awesome lighting!

nice to see pieces of the eiffel tower on the lower parts!:wink: