Star Wars fans may be interested in this!!!

these aren’t the Super-Duper Special Editions Lucas is planning.

You mean there will be yet another release after these???

er… what? :shrug:

I remember reading a little while ago that they didn’t add too much CG work… that these aren’t the Super-Duper Special Editions Lucas is planning. maybe I’m mistaken.
Actually, that was a fanboy wishlist that got passed around, and leave it to AICN to pass it off as legit. That was debunked a long time ago, and it’s not true. All they mean by the super-duper edition is a huge box set with all 6 films and a truck load of extras. They don’t mean more changes when talking about that Archival edition.

I did read a little while ago on Aint-It-Cool-News
Disregard pretty much everything you read on AICN. Some people at TF.N have made up stories and sent it to AICN, just to see if they’d post it on their site. Sure enough, they did. They had a big laugh over that.

According to McCallum and Hayden as Comic-Con, Vader will appear to be 6’7" tall, just as he does in the original trilogy. Vader will only appear in about 5 minutes in the film.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Pics taken down. Don’t want to get CGTalk in any future trouble.

You can clearly see that it’s Starwars!:thumbsup: Vader has a nice hat:buttrock:

I think they left out the best parts out of the movies.

Star Wars Episode III.V - Reign of Darth Vader
Star Wars Episode III.VI - Birth of Luke
Star Wars Episode III.VII - Birth of Leia

i’m a fan too.and i’m waitng for the DVD.

well,if you know the DVD version 9,there are all the 3 episodes on DVD!!!from 1.5 years ago,but i’m not going to buy them cause i’m waiting for the original :bounce:

WHAT THE HELL ARE GUNGANS DOING IN ROTJ??? wtf. that is not acceptable.

WHAT THE HELL ARE GUNGANS DOING IN ROTJ??? wtf. that is not acceptable.
First of all, there are only 3-4 on top of the building. It’s not like Jar-Jar is right in the middle of the screen. It’s really just a beautful shot of cheering people that I think is a good change to the end of ROTJ. I know some people don’t like the prequels, but this is a 6 film saga that Lucas is trying to tie together.

Re: Goon.

The Gungans were cool in the Phantom Menace - they even had the common sense to exile Jar-Jar Binks… :wise:

I had no idea they were making such changes to the film. I approve!

The Gungans were cool in the Phantom Menace - they even had the common sense to exile Jar-Jar Binks…

LOL!

I had no idea they were making such changes to the film. I approve!
Actually, I’ve seen the entire rip for ROTJ. I’ve seen a lot of ANH and ESB. From what I’ve seen, there have not been as many changes as many had thought. So far we know this.

• Hayden replaces Shaw in the ghost scene in ROTJ(not a big fan of this)
  • Naboo celebration added to the celebration montage at the end of ROTJ
  • Lightsabers redone
  • Rancor matte lines removed, as well as a whole lot of digital recompositing in all 3 films
  • The scream from Luke’s fall has been removed
  • Ian McDiarmid, emperor in all the other films, replaces the emperor in the ESB hologram
  • Han/Greedo scene has either been fixed so that it looks better, or it has been restored
  • Jabba scene in ANH has been redone and looks a whole lot better

The only question is on the Han/Greedo scene. Also, the dianoga, the big eyeball creature in the trash compactor scene, has reportedly been redone.

Re: Joe_H.

I hope they have redone the Han/Greedo scene - apart from the CG Sy Snootles( her singing made me want to scratch my face off! ) in ROTJ, that was the only thing in the Special Editions that was stupid. All George had to do was a close-up of Greedo’s blaster with him begining to squeese the trigger immediatly AFTER Han says “Yes, I’ll bet you have!”. That way, the audience knows that Greedo is going to shoot Han and that he has no choice but to kill or be killed. A very tiny amount of editing…to Mr Lucas, that would have cost nothing.

I’m also glad they have removed Luke’s “falling scream”…it kinda sounded false. Other than that, ESB SE was quite fantastic.

Nice, cant wait to get my hands on it

ROTJ end sequence (anakin ghost):

http://owenward.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ROTJ-2004-HAYDENGHOSTCHANGE.mov

ugh to adding young anakin to the end of ROTJ, seems a bit out of place to me…I mean if their going to have a young anakin, why not have a young Obi-Wan and a young Yoda…I mean, Luke would never have even seen Hayden-Anakin, I’m surprised he’d even recognize him as his father.

I’m slightly pleased with the recomping, and digital remastering, that’s cool. I’m holding out for the OT.

-Kol.

All I want to know is:

Does Greedo Shoot First?

Freakin’ Cool! I’m glad they’re taking out stuff like Luke’s scream in ESB and the Greedo Han thingy. Redone lightsabers rock too. Anakin doesn’t look quite as bad or out of place as I thought he would. Though I hope Lucas gives a pretty good explanation in EP3 for why he’s young as a ghost.

All the other changes totally rock. No probs. with them. I’m pretty stoked now. Is it true they changed the musical cues as well? I’d heard talk of this happening about two years ago (DV’s theme in ANH).

All in all…pretty cool, despite what they naysayers have said.

-Brian

now im not a huge star wars fan or anything… but maybe he’s young as a ghost because that was the last time (before he kills the emperor) that he had the heart of a jedi?

I hope they have redone the Han/Greedo scene

Boone, I have not seen that part of ANH. Only seen bits and pieces of ANH. But the guy that put up these pics has all the DVD rips. How he got them, I have no idea. But he’s legit. He says the Han/Greedo scene was fixed so that it looks a whole lot better. But that it still doesn’t look as good as it would if they restored the scene.

However, Ron Epstein, the owner of Home Theater Forum went to the Lucasfilm DVD press event. He implied, and I say implied because he signed a non-disclosure agreement, when someone commented on the supposed Han/Greedo scene, that he saw it a different way. He was trying to hint without violating his agreement with Lucasfilm.

But I can tell you on the rips, Greedo shoots firts, but it’s been fixed so it’s a lot better than what was on the '97 SE. Take that for what it’s worth! :slight_smile:

I mean if their going to have a young anakin, why not have a young Obi-Wan and a young Yoda
Well, it makes sense according to what happens in Episode III. Obi-Wan and Yoda don’t appear young because they didn’t die until old age. Then again Yoda looks the same at every age.