I have a unfinished work in a (WIP/Critique: 3D Stills) section. can i use its objects and character for this chalenge? what if i delete my (WIP/Critique: 3D Stills) thread ? then is it possible to use it?
No. You must make everything for the challenge during the challenge
Is retouching of the rendering allowed by e.g. Photoshop?
Can I use the/a concept posted in my 2D enty, but not used, in my 3D entry (if I decide to try that one)?
Yes, you just can’t use the same concept in both - if you change your 3D concept, then use the old concept for your 2D WIP, that’s fine.
I cannot take the hands from the image i created of Jess to use in image for the spectacular. Correct?
- Is it possible to use my resulting artwork for my commercial project promotion?
2. May I use characters and enviroments from my commercial project, even if the answear to question #1 is “no”.
- Am I allowed to use PC only for final image coloring and processing, and draw concept lineart and greyscale shading variants on paper?
#1: It doesn’t seem to go against the terms and conditions…
#3: That sounds OK, as long as the bulk of the WIPs are PC-based.
specific 3D question: can we reuse already made topology? i mean, i have general head topology i made myself, and if i need bony face, i just tweak vertices around, and voila, here it is (well, this is not so straightforward as it actually is, but i’m making the long story short). the same goes for hands, ears, etc. i of course could do that silently, and nobody could tell whether models were made from scratch or from template, but anyway, is this legal? i’m talking about reusing my own models only.
You shouldn’t, no.
- I read earlier on in this thread that FTP is not up yet. I’m not looking for a specific date or anything, but perhaps a rough estimate of when it will be up - I know i’ll be away for a couple of weeks for work, so if it conincides with the submission deadline - obviously I would have to finish my work earlier and be able to upload it.
It will probably be up a few weeks (3-4?) before the end of the challenge. If you have everything ready (print-res TIFF and all) a few days before you go away, email me and we can sort out an alternative upload strategy for you. Make sure there’s enough time for me to check you’ve done everything though!
- Regarding the minimum pixel measurements on images. I assume that it should always adhere to the minimum pixel dimension of the orioentation of the canvas? For example if i want to make a tall, narrow picture, the width should still be a minimum of 2657 pixels?
The real thing we want is for the pixelcount to be “high”. The example sizes are enough to print an A4 page with good quality; if you double one dimension, half the other, etc. etc. and you’ll be fine. We don’t want 800x600 final TIFFs though