Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

Great! thanks for the reply Kirt! have a good one.

Mike

hey is that any problem if i use my old character whicg one i allready sent and get a award from other contest…ofcurse am not going to send you the same image but i want to use the same concept …is’t possible…and if i dont know any 3d soft can i do it in only 2d art with digital color…?
thanks
naresh

Acknowledging the instruction and judement criteria - where do I go to filter the crap out of all these forums? It will be a monumental task to wade through the constant gibberish that is posted.

Before posting, please review the following:
[ol]
[li]Be courteous and polite. Show respect to the opinions and feelings of others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right.[/li]> [li]Engage your brain before your mouth. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause.[/li]> [li]Don’t dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary fluff. CGTalk is a professional, moderated forum. It’s a place to talk about all things related to computer graphics.[/li]> [li]Critiques and responses to images are to be constructive and related to improving the quality of the artwork.[/li]> [/ol]

I thought these were to be professional forums? Aren’t all postings to be credible assists without denigration, petty nonsensical nit-picking, with constructive criticism / suggestion the aim?

The monotonous task of wading through this dribble is daunting. PLEASE, point me to the area with instructions on filtering these posts.

t3
La’Dene Bean
Oracle of the Dark Fury
AAAAaaaagh!

Nice … :rolleyes:

It’s located on the front of your PC tower and called the “power button”. Push that until your screen goes blank.

OR … lead by example and post something constructive and helpful for members who are having difficulties understanding the challenge guidelines due to language barriers or the unfortunate circumstance of being the first time they have entered the challenge.

ttc - http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/

Notice the extra page options in the left column. You’re looking for “SUBMIT ENTRY”

naresh - No you can not use existing characters (your’s or someone else’s). Start from scratch with a new idea.

You say that it is ok to use apps like VUE and so on, but only in the 3d-challenge huh?

Like the attitude you did with my language problems of understanding “post, present, future-past”?

Pasi

Great … everyone is in a bad mood today. Tell me Pasi, where in this post is there an attitude? This was my response to your question …

kizoku - I suppose you could use it in a 2D image, but you’d have to basically repaint over the whole render in order for it to classify in the 2D category rather than the 3D one.

I know, mostly for reference I guess… but how many times can you change the whole idea? :stuck_out_tongue: since the old ones stays I’m getting worried since I, at last, have come up with an idea, a lot better than the other 2… is it possible or should I just let them be? My old pics that is. In my thread.

You can change your idea as many times as you want. Just make sure you leave time at the end to finish at least one of them. :smiley:

I am currently working on my 5th idea … many other challengers are changing their ideas as well.

You should be uploading your images to the CGNetworks server, and if you are … then you don’t need to worry about changing anything. Oldest images will drop to the bottom of your challenge entry page.

That answer saved my day! :smiley: thanks a lot pal.

Hi. Can we delete a submitted information in the challenge page? I accidentally, sent two entries of the same concept sketch. Sorry, my computer was lagging. Clicked the “submit entry” twice.

ahbeejieh - For any submission errors or database problems that you encounter, you need to contact Robert Mibus (member name is Mibus). Just PM the info to him and I’m sure he’ll be able to help you out.

Obviously we are not communicating. I am do not address comments, statements made relevant to the competition. I address those posting entire conversations tht would best be suited to instant message. I am in the unfortunate circumstance of being a first time participant. English is not my primary language. Those for whom English is not their native tongue, should not have to wade through 26 pages of dribbish that has nothing to do with this competition.

Some poor poster was assaulted on theses forums because he did not understand the context in which the term “future” was utilized. Instead of the responders addressing his/her obvious lack of understanding, rude snideness was offered.

Your rules state we have to participate, I am attempting to do so. Why should I have to wade through pages of garbage tht have no valid reason to be posted since they have nothing to do with assisting us. Your requirements state we are judged on our hellpfulness, you estabished the guidelines. Instesad of addressing this politely, or attempting to understand my concern, you advise my withdrawal. You sir, have violated your own rules and from my point of view, for me, you validate my point - rudeness should be removed from the process. We need help, not this.

[b]

Before posting, please review the following:[/b]
[ol]
[li]Be courteous and polite.[/li]> [li]Engage your brain before your mouth. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause.[/li]> [li]Don’t dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary fluff. CGTalk is a professional, moderated forum. It’s a place to talk about all things related to computer graphics. [/li]
[/ol]You invite us to come and learn from one another, and instead of true communication, you advise me to quit. You should follow your own advice. Why are you not leading me to how to find relevant conversation in these forums, regarding this process. I am legally blind, and straining to see this. I asked for relief, a point in a direction so I can lessen the strain. I will not quit. I will continue to haunt these forums, offering my meager assistance in understanding your language choice for this competition. I do articulate the language, understanding your exact meaning.

Once again, Kirt Stanke, CGTalk Forum Leader, you as the leader of these forums, please assisst me. How do I and my counterparts, or is it even possible for me to filter these forums? Some of my questions, I am certain, have been answered already. I am certain they have been also for many other posters. It would be nice, if those suffering to undestand / see / attempting to communicate could actually be lead to your responses.

Struggling and with respect,

La’Dene Bean
aka Oracle
the Dark Fury

I responded to your initial query.

Apolgizing for not finding you earlier so you did not have to suffer ignoble treatment, I wish you luck. My English is fair, and if I can assist with understanding, please do not hesitate to contact me. I may not know, however I do comprehend where to go for interpretation / understanding.

:frowning: Unfortunately I have been unable to locate a forum where management is comfortable with my ignorance. Not many are willing to assist beyond comikc relief. I am hoping to find one to whom to pose questions, so if you find one, please let the rest of us know whom and location?

Cordially,

La’Dene Bean
a.k.a.: t3logy
Oracle
Dark Fury

t3logy - Please find and show me where I have not been helpful or I have been rude and disrespectful in this thread. I have been making every effort I can to answer everyone’s questions and have tried to quell the unnecessary discussions not posing immediate questions or answers in this thread (of which you are now contributing to).

This is a rude comment.

Acknowledging the instruction and judement criteria - where do I go to filter the crap out of all these forums? It will be a monumental task to wade through the constant gibberish that is posted.

This is disrespectful.

:frowning: Unfortunately I have been unable to locate a forum where management is comfortable with my ignorance. Not many are willing to assist beyond comikc relief. I am hoping to find one to whom to pose questions, so if you find one, please let the rest of us know whom and location?

These are only helpful if you follow them yourself.

Before posting, please review the following:
[ol]
[li]Be courteous and polite. Show respect to the opinions and feelings of others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right.
[/li]> [li]Engage your brain before your mouth. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause.
[/li]> [li]Don’t dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary fluff. CGTalk is a professional, moderated forum. It’s a place to talk about all things related to computer graphics.
[/li]> [li]Critiques and responses to images are to be constructive and related to improving the quality of the artwork.
[/li]> [/ol]
Am I being rude now? No, I’m firmly addressing someone who is making some pretty bold statements without merit, labelling other user’s opinions and questions as “crap” or “dribble”, being disrespectful of all the forum membership and it’s leaders, and making a horrible attempt at trying to come across as the helpful servant.

And I’ll even address your “filter” question again … this is an internet forum. There is no filter option for you to remove opinions, discussions or questions which you personally find irritating. Your options are to ignore the posts that you find useless and browse forward to the ones that are important to you. Or to do as I suggested in my first post, turn off your computer and go read a book or talk to people who don’t annoy you.

I’m terribly sorry that you don’t have a excellent understanding of the language, but from all outward appearances, you seem quite capable of insulting people and causing a bunch of trouble utilizing the language.

How in the world do you find “crap” and “dribble” so easily and correctly used in a sentence if you don’t have a good grasp of the language? These are slang terms and not easily understood by people who are not native to the language.

Sheeesh! I’m really sorry that I tried to help anyone today. :argh:

quite obviously so.

Thank you for the information. I referred to your response to my request and fail to locate this information. Perhaps it was lost in transmission. My responsibility totally.

My children assist me with your language. I am also utilizing the Webster’s II New Riverside Dictionary, Revised Edition ISBN 0-395-74288-9 Please forgive my arrogance in relying on the thesarus and dictionary. It was suggested that I try to be less formal. I have miserably failed.

Me also. I apologize for any and all miscommunication on my part. You have not understood the meaning in my words in either of my posts. I am most certain it is poor word selection for my part. I do understand your intent and meaning. It does not negate the fact I have experienced rudeness being directed on this forum toward me and others. I will abide by your written instruction and ignor these forums in future, as my concerns and communication skills or lack thereof are viewed as “causing trouble”.

Thank you for your advice.

Respectfully,

La’Dene Bean

Okay. Sophmore year, at a magnet high school. I need good grades this year.

I’m going to try to do this, but if nothing good comes out of this or I don’t even come close to finishing, I don’t think that will be suprising.

Do not under estimate yourself. Youth is an advantage. On a calendar, put times as deadllines to complete something. Then treat it like homework. you will finish, and surprise yourself in the doing.

Good luck to you.

La’Dene Bean

This is my first contest and I was wondering if you allow “artistic nude”? I am working on a concept where both male and female characters are nude but are not in any way realated to something sexual. Would my entry still be acepted if there is minor nudity?

Thankyou