Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

Thank you very much mibus .

I know many people have asked about it, but I didn’t see an asnwer other than “it won’t take longer than the previous ones”… can you give a strict date of when the results are annonced? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? :slight_smile:

be patient, tic tac tic tac…
The suspense is a killing thing! :wink:

if you don’t chill you start to loose it…so chill…the silence:arteest: :surprised

Heh… easy for you to say :smiley:

I know many people have asked about it, but I didn’t see an asnwer other than “it won’t take longer than the previous ones”… can you give a strict date of when the results are annonced? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? :slight_smile:

No :slight_smile:

Realistically at this point, the winners are likely to be announced shortly after the Christmas / New Year break. Judging is well underway, so I’m hoping it will be first or second week back in January. (Though that depends on the judges schedules an our holiday schedules too!)

Are we allowed to post our specttacular enties on other websites and/or our potofolios now, or do we have to wait until the winner has been picked and anounced?

Lady Medusa: Go for it :slight_smile:

In other news, we’ll be announcing the winners on January 13th - now you all have a date to write in your calendars!

Ooohoo!!january 13th!!:thumbsup: 11 days after this date is my birthday,haha,will you give me a present?:beer: Good luck to everyone!!:arteest:

Looks like it’ll actually be a LUCKY Friday the 13th for the winners. Or do the winners know a bit ahead of time?

At any rate, it’s kind of funny that it’s on Friday the 13th.

Robert -

Are you allowed to say anything about how the judging works?
Do the judges appoint points based on some mutually-agreed on system? Or a CGTalk-defined system? Do they have long e-mail debates about the merits of various pieces? Do they judge seperately in isolation, or is it a process where they work together? Do they have a pre-defined set of criteria that they have to abide to, or is each judge “winging it,” so to speak?

I can understand if you’re not allowed to tell us, but I’ve long been curious. I’m sure others have been too.

Thanks!

-mike

I’m sure it won’t hurt to discuss it a little :slight_smile:

The judges are allowed a fair bit of flex - we don’t force them to vote on any particular points, since then we could nearly pick the images ourselves. We point out the guidelines, inspiration - all stuff that’s publicly visible - and let them make up their own mind on which images they like, and which images they feel fit the theme. After that, each of the judges independantly votes on the images. If they want to collaborate that’s up to them, but AFAIK they usually don’t.

When reviewing the images they can look up the challenger info, story, threads, etc. etc.

After all that it gets smacked into a spreadsheet, tallied, we compile the challenge results page, make a feature article, write up a congratulatory thread, then let everyone know :slight_smile:

Thanks, Robert, I’d always wonderred about that.
Cheers…!

-mike

I have a question. Some threads have dissapeared!I can´t see my entry,hehe. Where is it?Where´s Wally?:surprised :slight_smile:

yeah, that is weird, the threads are still there (as in searchable) but only 3 pages in the thread, you’re not alone gonzalo, mines gone awol too :slight_smile:

I had a quick look at both threads and they look OK to me.

Can you be more specific?

Mibus, this is what I see on my screen:

Only 3 pages. For example, I can´t watch my thread into these pages. If I look at the entries, I can see it:surprised

There’s an option with a drop down, along the lines of “Show threads from the last [1 month]” - change that to “since the beginning”.

hehe…D´OH!! thanks:thumbsup:

Hi Robert…

For aLL us retards who can’t stand a little bit of suspense… is there a time we can expect the results tomorrow? (and don’t tell me there’s any kind of delay…it’d ruin my friday 13th)

I know y’all are in sunny Australia and we’re all over the world, so was just thinkin’ about what time we might hear the news. is there any point waiting up late GMT, because you’ll be on your way to work at my bedtime, for instance…?

go on… give us a GMT clue… teehee…

:slight_smile: