Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

Maybe it also ran a little smoother for me because I used it during the low traffic times.

One thing that might help everything run better is limiting the number of milestones that people can submit. I just clicked on a challenge page that had over 200 images in it… for seven milestones! It gets a little bit silly, really, with all the angles and slight color tweaks that get uploaded. It’s like a bandwidth contest or something.

A cap at 30 or so would be very reasonable. It would give people plenty of room to change directions if they needed do, but at the same time encourage them to “complete” a milestone before rushing to upload yet another image. But maybe it doesn’t happen often enough to be a problem?

Anyhow, thanks again, Mibus!

Thanx again robert you are the man!!!:thumbsup:

Hi Robert! I need your help again! Something is wrong with my final entry. There is not my large image in http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/entry.php?challenger=8933 and there is not my image
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/10/8933/8933_1133693599_large_tiff.jpg too.
I’ve received a message that my challenge entry has been successfully uploaded and processed. But now I see the problem with it. What’s wrong? Thank you in advance!

For everybody who’s wandering if his or her image got uploaded and submitted, here’s the link again! Can’t get enough of seeing all those masterpieces together…

entries count in 2D: 162
entries count in 3D: 144

Good luck everybody! :buttrock:

Thanx Mibus!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Cant find my entry among the final images.

Mibus - Ill be straight forward… H E L P!

Tnx in advance. did thid before and saw my image when i uploaded the tiff. somehow i cant find it among the entries. efinitely within the cut-off

tnx again.

Hi, Mibus
It’s my first challenge.And I doubt, whether correctly I have made all?

http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=9459

Thanks

Yeah, I’m with the finalists! :scream: All turned out well due to the very cool technical knowlegde of Mibus, as I had uploaded my final TIFF only 10 minutes before deadline! :twisted: If there had been any error, I wouldn’t have made it, but Mibus was to good to script no errors in the final-upload-script! :smiley: Thanks for that, man! :wink:

Hi, Robert!
Any idea how long you think judging may take this time 'round?
Cheers!

-mike

Dutchman … dude… I uploaded mine with less than 1 min to spare -___-
Server that night was a magicbox to me - no slowdowns, no errors - must say - Im highly impressed with organization of this contest

Any idea how long you think judging may take this time 'round?

Not as long as last time :slight_smile:

Maybe it also ran a little smoother for me because I used it during the low traffic times.

That would help. Between midnight and 4AM GMT the servers have the lowest load, so that would be a good time.

One thing that might help everything run better is limiting the number of milestones that people can submit. I just clicked on a challenge page that had over 200 images in it… for seven milestones! It gets a little bit silly, really, with all the angles and slight color tweaks that get uploaded. It’s like a bandwidth contest or something.

I think if we limited people they’d be just as likely to submit the bare minimum WIPs, which is not what we want :). Maybe a better way of viewing entry milestones is needed?

jugeras: All sorted. You (and a couple of others) had uploaded files with a double extension - “.zip.zip”. I extended the “completed?” script to accept those.

Akok: Sure you are. Sort by username, you’re on the first page.

FWIW if any of you have ideas on how to improve the process, you should drop me a note.

WAAAAAAAAA! Your just great robert. tnx a ton+++. cheers. :love: :buttrock:

jugeras: Check your email - the ZIP ended up being corrupt (too small, 192kb!) and you have to re-upload ASAP.

yup all done robert. tnx for sorting the thing out.

is it ok?

hi all,thank you all very much,cgtalk,Mibus and all people who participated.all we did the great job.:thumbsup: :buttrock: :applause: :wip: :beer: :bowdown:
good luck to everyone.
cheers.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Just a message to thanks CgTalk Spectacular challenge, and the organisator, cause it was so well made that I could do my art and not really think of the technical view of the rules. Really well made, congratulation and my best luck for all participant in 2D as in 3D !

Unfortunately some of the JPEGs (originally TIFFs) have been compressed to much and sport visible compression artifacts especially around hard edges.

Hi robert got ur mail i have uploaded my file and mailed to u.

Congratulations to everyone :applause:

Hi mibus i have mailed u my images but still i cant c the final image. pls reply me.thanx in advance.

batcha, it’s all taken care of, it was just the weekend :slight_smile: