Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

:buttrock:…

A little question that may be answered by myself, but I still want to know it for sure:

Everywhere is it said that the challenge ends a midnight of december 5, while in the instructions is said: ‘The Challenge runs 05 September 2005 - 06 December 2005. No late entries will be accepted.’ There might be people who understand it wrong (or is it meant so?!), and entry there final on the 6th!

Will the deadline now be extended one day (december 5 midnight, to december 6 midnight), due to this ‘fault’? :rolleyes: :shrug:
-Gijs

Hi Robert! I’ve tried to upload my tiff image many times. But Final Image Status is “There was an error loading your file. Please try uploading again”. All my attemps were unsuccessful. I can’t understand, what’s a problem? Please, can you help me with it? Thank you in advance.

i have to submit final zip file .i submitted before in elemental 2 by your own ftp.i dont have cute ftp .how to submit final tif zip file .pls clarify

Atris: I manually processed it, it went OK. What did you use to make the ZIP? Some of the tools we use don’t like it…

Dutchman: It’s mentioned as the 6th in a few places, so I’ve altered the auto-countdown to that. It was probably meant to be the 6th, and I mis-transcribed it into other places.

SquishMe: We’re hoping that judging will be a fair bit quicker this time than last, but we’re still not putting a definate timeframe on it yet. The next challenge should be early next year, but there hasn’t even been an internal date set yet.

Hi Mibus, I have uploaded my final image while ago(28 Nov), went through few times checking, everything looks fine, so I take that is OK.

Another question, I just amended the story of it(not the image), can I update my story…

Thanks

Alvin

Sure, just post the Final Image JPG milestone again, with the amended text. (Or if you really don’t want to do that, email me with the updated text).

When I uploaded a mile stone image today the time left indicator said 20-something hours, now it says 2 days 8 hours! What’s going on Mibus? Is it hours or days?

>It’s mentioned as the 6th in a few places, so I’ve altered the auto-countdown to that. It >was probably meant to be the 6th, and I mis-transcribed it into other places.

Ok I scrolled up, got it! The auto-countdown has been altered.

Thanks

Yup I have been fiddling :slight_smile:

It’s now standing at about 1 day 20 hours, and should count down evenly from now.

Robert! Thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:

Whooooo! :scream: Wow Mibus, really great of you to do that! :thumbsup: 24 houres more to make the image ‘perfect’! :twisted: Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Yessss! extra 24h I sooo needed that :smiley: Thanks man!

awesome… thx ;p

Thanks Mibus, I have just updated the story!:wavey:

Hi Mibus,
Under the “Terms and Conditions for Artists” no.8 “Artists may to use the images created for personal promotion. e.g. submission for EXPOSE’ and other galleries.”

I am wondering if I could submit my competition image to “Art of LightWave 3D Book”, (I hope my work can get publish in book ;)) as a personal promotion…

Due to technical problems I was unnable to produce a HiRes pic and finished my WIP with an image of 1000x667 px and 72 dpi. Someone suggested I should upload it anyway, so the question is: should I? Or there’s really no point in it?

Thanks in advance.

on 100% of upload i had an error!! i have to upload from beginning… oh dam…
why??? :frowning: its going from beginning… i dont have net problems…

I am wondering if I could submit my competition image to “Art of LightWave 3D Book”, (I hope my work can get publish in book ;)) as a personal promotion…

Sounds fair to me :slight_smile:

on 100% of upload i had an error!! i have to upload from beginning… oh dam…

It’s possible that your FTP client is just complaining because of the security settings on the FTP, and the upload actually worked. Check the “Final Image” page for a thumbnail - if it’s there and looks OK then you’ve finished :slight_smile:

1: Thank you:)

2: I can see that the deadline change for hours… enough for me:twisted:

1. thank you, I fixed the problem…:thumbsup: