Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

Me again!

Ive finished my entry and im now ready to submit it via FTP.
Im no internet whiz, and FTP is pretty new to me. The only real experience i have with it is where you upload it automatically via an interface (like ballistic’s book image submission page) or by dragging the file into a window. All i get with the submission form for this is the passwords etc.
Help!

Also, has your zip file got to be named exactly the same as the one on the ftp information page?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I just checked to see if my image was uploaded and it wasn’t so I used the name provided in the FTP info and then zipped the file and re-uploaded. Second later when I hit refresh, VOILA there it was. It’ll be your confirmation that the file was uploaded successfully.

Andy H - the sizes given are approximates. Don’t go too far lower, but as long as it’s roughly “print-res”, then you’ll be fine. I’m assuming you use the ftp:// link from the BSW?

Open Explorer, type in “ftp://username:password@hostname” (where username, password, and hostname are given to you by the challenge system). Do the drag-and-drop thing then go back to the Final Image page to check. (The file may or may not “appear” to disappear from the FTP location due to security settings on our side).

You absolutely must use the filename given. If you don’t, it won’t work :slight_smile:

the_fgdf - I’m not sure I understand what you want to do? If you want the duplicate post removed, let me know.

Thanks mibus! Its working now!
All i have to do is sit back and wait for the judging, which will probably be delayed loads like the M&S challenge was :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: SORRY i forgot that file name.

Hi, when I’m uploading my final image into ftp the upload stop and continues when I have 10 sec to finish upload. What can be? size of file? error in conection? Thanks

edit: SORRY i forgot that file name.

Hi, i wanna send my final image in hi-res. Can I send by ftp program? Because i use Macintosh and I didn’t get send on the browser. I work with Adobe Golive. Thanks.

Hi, I have re-read the FAQ section, and one of the question really bugs me::shrug:

"[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Q: How early do I have to start submitting milestones?
A: As early as possible. Although there is no due date earlier than the final closing date, part of the final judging vote puts emphasis on Community Interaction, which means that people who ‘hold back’ their work in progress till the last minute can be penalized.[/size][/font]

Does that mean IF your entry don’t get “enough” community interaction or don’t have “many” viewers or questions with your entry… you are likely out of the game!?..[font=Times New Roman][size=3] though you have put as many as your wip into it but still don’t get much response… well, out of luck then… please tell me this isn’t “true”…:smiley: cheers[/size][/font]

Does that mean IF your entry don’t get “enough” community interaction or don’t have “many” viewers or questions with your entry… you are likely out of the game!?.. though you have put as many as your wip into it but still don’t get much response… well, out of luck then… please tell me this isn’t “true”…:smiley: cheers

No. It’s really for people who deliberately hold stuff back until the last minute in an attempt to get an advantage (by not sharing ideas).

Hi, i wanna send my final image in hi-res. Can I send by ftp program? Because i use Macintosh and I didn’t get send on the browser. I work with Adobe Golive. Thanks.

Yup, that’s fine. The FTP information is given to you on the Submit Final Image page.

sorry about my final zipped image…it dosn’t look like that.the transfer wasn’t complete because my internet came crashing down:scream: i will send the image later today

Hi Mibus, big thanks for you to clarify that!:thumbsup: CGTalk Rock!:buttrock:

Now I am back to my computer, more sleepless nights…:smiley:

anybody i have a question…i have tryied to send the image via ftp it send but at some time during transfer it stops and sends out an error…i used severel ftps and also internet explorer…pls help :((

What error?

hello again,i have managed to send it and the image looks ok in the preview…i think there was a problem with my internet connection…just to be sure would it be to much if i asked you to see if the image looks ok?if it got there completely…thank you very much

can anyone tell me how exaclty you send the final TIFF image? never done it before. I have the image ready to send but I don’t where to send from.

Hi Max, you can send your image on the browser. Have a thread on the top at the forum 3d-2D with all instructions about this. You can send also by any ftp program. :thumbsup:

Hi, I have a question, when I take my image to difference computers, and all display are difference on screen, i.e colors, shadows etc… so how do I know the judges are seeing the “correct” image?:curious:

I want ask you same question as alvin_cgi

hi mibus,i have a problem regarding submitting my challenge image to the milestone,seems like i couldnt get through,followed exactly the procedures just like i did all this while but after awhile loading,i’ll still be in the same page,as if nothing happened.not even receive any ‘errors’ notification.thank u:)

I have a question: After I send my final TIFF image, I will see this. Is my sending correct ? :shrug:

I have used links to other sites in the text which accompanies my Final Image - is this allowed?

Also I am a little unsure if I have uploaded my final tiff correctly, is there anyway that a generous admin could check this for me? I used ‘create archive’ on my Mac to ‘.zip’ the file, but don’t know if that is acceptable either…

Answer greatly appreciated
Beno