Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

hi can i use dream scape or after burn gnerated sky and clouds ?can i use final render?can i use max defalt textures like dusk cloud textures included in max setup?how to post my texturing milestone do i have to post full images or every texture i m using.bcos i have lots of models and texture in my scene how do i post all?in one image or post them sepretly one by one??

hi.my work in a 3d challenge is a personal short film (i want to submit it in a animation festivals), and one of its shoot will be a final image. iam making this short film only for this Spectacular-3D challenge.is it against a rule of this challeng or not? thanks

If you’re making it for the challenge, but are just using it outside later on, then that’s fine.

hi can i use dream scape or after burn gnerated sky and clouds ?

That should be fine.

can i use final render?

Yes.

can i use max defalt textures like dusk cloud textures included in max setup?

You shouldn’t, at least unless you significantly alter them for your own purposes.

how to post my texturing milestone do i have to post full images or every texture i m using.bcos i have lots of models and texture in my scene how do i post all?in one image or post them sepretly one by one??

You can post it however you wish :slight_smile:

If I find a photo on the web that has the right perspective of a building or whatever that I would like to use as a foundation for my idea can I use this as a template and paint on top of it on a different layer. Is this considered cheating in a way, would there be a penalty?
Thanks.

i have a big problem…i paint my image on a more powerful computer but post it on the net on another…the colors on the big computer look so much vivid and bright (samsung syncmaster 710N) on the other one i have an AOC Spectrum glr -an old screen…pls look at my last two pictures and tell me if the first one loooks too dark or the second one to bright…thank you:)

hi,
i cant find anywhere how to load up the final tiff, for the 2d challenge, to the sites ftp. is there a special address?
you need to spell it out a bit better how to upload the final ftp part of the challenge.

regards,
chris.

well…when the time is right you’ll recive an email with a ftp adress ad instructions but it’s not that time yet…as i remember from last time

thanks for your reply, OrO. i shall just wait quietly in this corner:)
cheers,
chris

Stupid question … but not sure about it: Is it allowed to take a selfmade photo of a person in a special pose and overpaint the main part of the character and add other handpainted textures and light to it? Or is it just allowed to use it as reference and it must be painted completly? … I mean for matte paintings its allowed to use photos. Also for characters?
I came to his question because prefrabricated characters are in 3d not allowed, and someone told me that overpainting can be a problem. I just want to be sure. I don’t want to be disqualified because of that:D Thanks!

Hallo!

Just one question:
In my image I have three characters, an alien and two cops;
I have modeled and textured one of the cops three months ago.
Is it considered prefabricated? It was modeled by me from the first to the last poly, but I started it three months ago.
Can I use it?
Thanks

whats the deadline ? I mean when’s the battle finish ?

i have a doubt, whats exactly the size of the final image? because i am working in a 3000x3500 and 300dpi, the finalimage should be 2657x3636 and 300dpi? thanks

Sorry if this post seems a bit remedial… I’m kind of new around here. I’ve searched through this thread, but I’ve not found a satisfactory answer.

Regarding the use of photos in 2D entries… What’s the official rule? In most of my illustration work, I combine drawn, painted, and photographed elements (all my own, of course) into the final image. Whether it be a bit of tree bark texture here, or a patch of cloud texture there… Is this not allowed?

hi…
can i use speedtree plugin?

yeah, it’s the last day that you have to finish your work and send it. 05 December… :slight_smile:

you need to ‘crop’ or adapt your image in 2657x3636… the rules are rules, you know…:shrug:

It’s only that I can answer…:smiley:

i have a doubt, whats exactly the size of the final image? because i am working in a 3000x3500 and 300dpi, the finalimage should be 2657x3636 and 300dpi? thanks

2657x3636 is an example - as long as you’re in the same ballpark when it comes to pixelcount, then you’re set.

I have modeled and textured one of the cops three months ago.
Is it considered prefabricated?

Yes - you cannot use work that was created before the challenge begun, even if you made it yourself.

Hi. Just wanna ask what’s up with this FTP thing? Is that some kind of program where uploading of high resolution images will be faster and easier? Tnx in advance!

well the final image sent for to the judges will be a loot biger…the ftp is a program that you cand find almos everywhere…the people from the contest will send you a server adress and using the ftp you will send your image there…but note thiss,the ftp dosm’t make the upload a loot faster…it depends on yout internet connection…it just generates some form o link to the server or database

Ok. So how do we get the server address? And tnx again for the response.

Server info will go out soonish, probably late next week.

Question exciting me
If at me work on height 2411pixel
On length 3636 pixel on 300 dpi (landscape)
It will be accepted???
Or it is necessary to do 3636 on 2657 pixel???
Excuse for my bad English