Spectacular - FAQ/Answers/Questions

is hand drawing allowed as part of the final picture; for example: accents or background image?.. in other words, is scanned hand drawing allowed at all? and if it is, in what percentage of the final image?

baungureanu

may i use 3d modelling to apply in the final 2d picture? for example a terrain image made in vue generator applied as a background in my final picture or even as a front plane…?

baungureanu

The instructions: excites and scares at same time. judged on emotive and narrative elements, depth of feeling and the power of the relationship as portrayed by the image clarity of thought and emotion A once in a lifetime event. • Be original. Think beyond conventional imagery.

By your description, your interpretation is most accurate. Compelling actually, clearly illustrating depth of feeling, will be emotive. Your narrative (above) says it all.

I understand your concern, and clarification will be greatly appreciated, as I also have opted for a unique theme (minus overt catastrophe) dependant on depth of feeling and power behind the relationship. In my most humble of opinions, your interpretation is the competition stated goal. Yours is most original.

Best of luck to you. I love your concept.:applause:

La’Dene Bean
a.k.a.: Oracle of the Dark Fury

I’ve changed what I want to do.

Is my understanding correct:
[ol]
[li]To do a different concept I need to delete all exisiting posted images?[/li][li]Then post the new ones?[/li][li]Also, may I alter images or use existing portions of my current submission for the new one , i.e. background skies, animals, etc.) or do I have to start all over?[/li][/ol]Thank you.

La’Dene Bean:sad:

1. No
  2. Yes
  3. Re-use is fine

is hand drawing allowed as part of the final picture; for example: accents or background image?.. in other words, is scanned hand drawing allowed at all? and if it is, in what percentage of the final image?

Yes, as long as your image is “primarily digital”.

may i use 3d modelling to apply in the final 2d picture? for example a terrain image made in vue generator applied as a background in my final picture or even as a front plane…?

Yes.

What are the requirements for submitting final artwork via FTP? File size limitations, e.t.c Please provide more details on submission procedure,U don’t state who owns the space? do we have to submit ur milestones in hires too?do we have to submit “the making of” with our final image?

batcha: only the final image in highres via ftp , no other milestones and a making of only after the challenge when you are one of the winners

an easy to use ftp client can be found here : http://www.smartftp.com/

can we use real photo graphs(captured by camera) as a texture??or we have to paint all ??how minimum/maximum resolution we have to use for our textures ??can we tweek our final 3d rendered image in photoshop .how much we can tweek ?like blur sharpen color correction etc.??

For 3D entries, you can use photo-textures you’ve made yourself without any problems.

how minimum/maximum resolution we have to use for our textures ??

Anything you want.

can we tweek our final 3d rendered image in photoshop .how much we can tweek ?like blur sharpen color correction etc.??

As much as you want.

Hi, i’ve a question.

I’m working in my spectacular themme and i’ve a doubts about this part of the instructions

Your challenge is to conceive and create an image that could potentially become part of future history

This is my concept, i will have some problem because this?

description:
The idea is to show the star of a 50’s circus. “The strongest man in the world”. A man that can lift a car, an airplane and an elephant. his name: James. A man who is 46 years old, a veteran with extensive circus experience, great fame and ripped muscles. A paradox exists between the raw strength of James displayed by his overwhelming power to lift a chained elephant and innoscently fragile an looking girl, hoding a single baloon.

Sorry for my english

Hi,
Just wanted to know if we can submit a work based on
the competition entry to another gallery?

To be more specific, if I take part of one of the models in my entry,
and do a separate render, can I post it elsewhere?
I’d really like to know.

- Technical[color=white] -

[/color]Q: Are random or parametric terrain and foliage/plant generation software (Bryce/Vue/Terragen) allowed?
A: Yes…?
But can bryce be used for the actual render(s)?

The idea is to show the star of a 50’s circus.

That’s fine :slight_smile:

To be more specific, if I take part of one of the models in my entry,
and do a separate render, can I post it elsewhere?

Sure.

But can bryce be used for the actual render(s)?

Yes.

I was stupid. I posted my final image before posting the sketches and the other stages of my work. If I can not undo that, how can I post some sketches to prove my capabilities in this challenge?

If I can not undo that, how can I post some sketches to prove my capabilities in this challenge?

Just go back and post them - there’s nothing stopping you from revisiting a milestone if you’ve “passed” it.

Q: Can I use Poser, Daz 3D or pre-fabricated models?
A: No.

Im under the impression that this answer leans toward 3D submissions. What if I am creating a 2D submission and use a pre fab model to light for reference? I normally do this to get an idea of where my light source will hit. I dont composite my renders because they are very rough, but I do use them to refence lighting. Is this ok?

If it’s just for reference, I don’t see why not.

I want to do a recreation of Sir Frank Dicksee’s Romeo & Juliet using a retro-futuristic architecture, and robotic characters intead of humans to illustrate the passion and love between machines.

What are the rules behind using existing artwork as a strong influence (or moreso, a stylized recreation of existing artwork)? As far as concept art goes, is it okay if I trace some of Dicksee’s painting and draw in some of my own and post that (on the condition that I credit Dicksee)? Will I be docked by the judges in terms of creativity (or does that depend on my execution of the piece, regardless of my influences)

I also thought of using Michelangelo’s “creation of adam” but twisted into “creation of machine”…with a human in god’s chair, and a robot in place of adam–this goes along the same idea…

is there some red tape I should be wary of, or is it pretty much open?

You should probably stay on the safe side and do something totally original.

hi.my work in a 3d challenge is a personal short film (i want to submit it in a animation festivals), and one of its shoot will be a final image. iam making this short film only for this Spectacular-3D challenge.is it against a rule of this challeng or not? thanks