Spectacular 3D Entry: Wong Keet Mun

Wong Keet Mun is entered in the “Spectacular Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: finished girl model

Hey friends, I’ve got my neck up in work, but I just simply couldn’t resist, seems like we’ve got more time for this challenge, so I’ll take this slow, and think through my concept carefully. Another fantastic theme!

All the best for all!
:buttrock:

Best of luck mate

็้Ha! glad to see you here again! good luck and have fun mate!

Hi keet! I wondered when you should show up … good to see you on board, let’s have fun :thumbsup:

Great that you joined, now get us some images! Good luck:thumbsup:

Hey Wong,
Nice to see you back for another challenge, look forward to your concept and good luck.

Thanks friends, I’ll try my best to finish this challenge, unlike my disappointing M&S…:buttrock:

Hey friends, here’re my concept sketches(finally!) The first image is not my final composition though, it’s just top illustrate what I want to do. It shows a 6-7 year-old girl riding a giant robot made out of household appliances, the head being a tv and the torso being the microwave oven etc etc… The little girl is holding on to a handle of the tv and for some reason is strapped on by a belt, and the robot is jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

I want to portray a kind of innocent, child-like pleasure, to make the girl look like she’s strapped on to a very fun ride, hence the belt-thing in the first pic.

I’m still figuring out how to do this comp, to show how exhilirating and fun this ride really is. This will prob end up a very colourful piece.

I’ll try to go as fast as I can, I’m currently having my industrial attachment at EggStory Creative Production, and at the same time I’m involved in pre-production for another animation project, so I’ll do my best!

Cheers mates
:buttrock:

Great concept and first sketches :thumbsup:

Can’t wait to see what you make of that household robot - charming idae.

you’ve joined.=D
good luck man.=)
anyway,how’s attachment,will pm u my email,hope u have msn

Ok here’s a pretty final (and risky) comp I got for the illustration. So it’s a little girl riding a robot made of different household appliances, and it’s jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

i haven’t finalised the robot’s design, so I’ll model and design as I go along(I always say that…)

The composition for me is really risky, because based on my sketch it doesn’y really look really promising, but I’m willing to take the gamble. Just thought it might be fun eh?

Do tell me what you think of the comp, thanks! Cheers people

Hi ! man , glad to see you here !
your concept look great ! and drawing show what’s going on, and I think you can finalize the composition in 3d , overall is very interesting! hope to see more!

outstanding comp. Nice characters, it’s such a warm image even without colors. :slight_smile:

Gunilla - Thanks! Always good to know you’re watching my stuff, makes me feel a lot better about it heh heh…

newbie1985 - Dude…:buttrock:

monsitj - Hey didn’t think you’d reply so fast! Thanks, I’m glad you think I can pull it off, really hoping i finish this one too! :bowdown: :bowdown:

coCoKNIght - Thanks mate, that reminds me I should probably do some colour tests…

Haha, yes - I’m always around watching you :scream:
I think the new concept can be very cool - I like the upside down angle - perhaps you also could try it with a tilted camera later. Good to see you getting started :thumbsup:

Hey Wong,

The new concpet drawing is looking very nice, I too like the upside down angle of the girl and robot. Good stuff. Look forward to this in 3d.

Love the composition Keetmun;) and your subject looks like great fun to model, Count me in for the ride on this one:thumbsup: