Spectacular 3D Entry: Luke J Dwyer

Luke J Dwyer is entered in the “Spectacular Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: “Despair”

This is my first concept, probably one of many. I like the idea but i will have to experiment with the composition.

You could always try changing the angle that the viewer is watching from, so that as the snake is lunging at the cow, it’s moving towards the viewer. Also, it would give you a better view of the cow’s expression.

Good luck.

Anaconda consume their prey head first so i decided to turn the cow around, I think this is more terrifying having the cow staring the snake in the face. Just an update to show the modelling on the snakes head so far :slight_smile:

Just a start on modelling the head.

Pretty good modeling so far… Love this concept! :slight_smile:

Just an Update!

Just another update, I spent a little bit of time on the environment today.

Just an update, I have started texturing a few bits and peices and set up some quick lighting.

Hey body, I like the idea, and the modellings seems pretty good, keep it up, I´d like to see more. :slight_smile:

• Changed camera
  • Posed animals

poor cow :scream:

The snakehead is really good modeling.
Texture is sympathetic, but there is a blank section between the ‘neck’ and the head. Do you have Weld the head and the body ?

Excellent! I’d love to see frame 2 where the cow kicks the snakes arse! :slight_smile:

Did you hapen to see that photo taken recently of the snake that tried to eat the crocodile? Needless to say that neither of them came off feeling any better - awesome photo, you might want to google it for reference or sheer morbid curiosity :thumbsup:

Swed - previously the head was detached yeh, in the latest image it is not but the head is’nt textured so what you are probably seeing is a line of reflection where the body has been displaced but the head hasnt :slight_smile: thanks for your post! hevent been getting much feedback so its all appreciated!

Swamps - Cheers! i’d like to see that too! hahahah I want to see the croc eating snake have you got a link? :slight_smile:

Yeah here it is…

‘An unusual clash between a 6-foot (1.8m) alligator and a 13-foot (3.9m) python has left two of the deadliest predators dead in Florida’s swamps.’

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4313978.stm

Fair to say that neither of them will be trying that again… :slight_smile:

thats one huuuge snake… :eek:

Just put in some trees to fill the background and balance the shot a bit more.

Wow, I like the way it looks a lot. that snake looks very cool. I know that you have probably allready think about this, but I think that it would be cool if you added some viscosity in the mouth :slight_smile: . Cool work keep it up

that’s very good…i want to see more:bounce::thumbsup:keep it up

Ahh - this can really turn into something very dramatic. I like the lighting and the over all mood in it, very nice :thumbsup:
The cow seem a bit soft right now, almost like velvet - perhaps som subtle bump could make it more like hide?
The snake is just beautiful!