Spectacular 3D Entry: Jim Heathcott

You’ve got a funny style man, will come back to see more:) . Thanks for your support!

Aah, the concept is to have no concept:twisted: ! As long as it is so amusing and entertaining to follow a thread with no straight concept I have nothing to say against it:) . I like the gremlin. By the way, you know this Marsupilami figure…:bounce: ?

-sabrina

hey soapy!!:thumbsup: Nice style man, very interesting. Only one thing about the gremlin guy, I think the eyes are not looking like a toy eye, they´re too real for a toy :slight_smile: see you!!

WHo needs a concept! :wink: I went and looked at Marsupilami? Do you want me to add him to the vote?

Oh well, I guess it is easy to work backwards…

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

I think I am going to make some changes with the gremlin guy, I cut some corners so I want to go back and fix him up. I am not too happy with him to tell the truth but I think he will be ok for a minor player in the background somewhere.

Well, some influential philosophers would say that having no clear concept is really a concept in itself :smiley:

Whatever you come up with, soapy, I’m sure it will be spectacular! :thumbsup:

/Anders

:wip: just what you do here is so cool continue like that, like Anders say it will be for sure spectacular
jdd

eagerly awaiting more soapy!!

More work on texturing this guy. I tried out a little displacement on the yellow parts and changed the colours around. Also did some fixes on the modeling, better toenails and fingernails. And installed a few bones in the arms.

Nice one Soapy, black antenae might work better in the specular vinyl material, just a suggestion. Cool update.

Wonderful rubbertexture! You’re doing great, keep going like this!

love the new colours and textures soap. the bump map looks really good.

Dare I say that little winged alien guy looks … brace yourself … cute. GASP!

There, I said it and I’m not f-ing sorry.

Thats a good idea, I will try something different on the antennae.

Actually it is a displacement map, but I am thinking it might as well be a bump instead. Depending on how far this guy is from the camera it would save a lot of render time to switch the map to bump. At first it stuck up a lot more but I dropped it down and the displacement doesnt show much now.

I know, hahah. I tried really hard to make a cute one, it is foreign territory for me. I will try some more cute ones later but I can’t garrantee success.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Hey soaps, nice one mate:thumbsup: The bump map has worked wonders and the toes look great

who’d have thought the day would come when we look at soapy’s work and say " awww,
ain’t that the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?!" heh heh

Hey Jim, nice work here mate! keep up the great work:thumbsup:

Alex.

The added details and the displacement for your gremlin are working great!:thumbsup:
I’m looking out for updates now. Oh, and: yes, please put the Marsupilami to your vote list.:slight_smile:

-sabrina

This keeps looking very funnnnn :slight_smile:

I am going to try and model this guy this weekend. Hopefull I can capture the spirit of the sketch.

Hahaah… I knew that this thread was gonna keep getting wierder and wierder… and wierder… It’s great having you 'round here Soapy:buttrock: