Spectacular 3D Entry: Gerardo Damian Barbero

nothing to crit… just watching and :thumbsup:
jdd

Great, great work - i really love the idea of this one. Suits the word spectacular down to the ground!

Great environment (leaves on the left look a bit repeated though) and awesome monster. The lighting on it makes it look huge and really elegant. Fantastic work!
The only constructive things i can say are that you could use some people standing on the balcony and perhaps a small flock of birds in the sky. They can help establish your already superb sense of scale.
I also think the monsters’ eye looks a bit strange. I think a dragon’s eye or some other kind of reptile eye wouldnt suit it either. Maybe look into glossy, filmy aquatic eyes?

Keep up the great stuff.

This has become one great image. Wonderful colors and composition. The monster texture is just wonderful. Thumbs up!!

thanks fo all the comments and suggestions, i made some changes based on some of the suggestions, i change the eye position i think now look better, and add some people, change in the leaves of big tree, and make the creature more dark in order to separate it of the background, still need maybe some adjustments, well I hope that the changes they like, suggestion and more crit be welcome!

Yeap, that was a good choice…

WoW, Great working here, I see! :applause: Enviroment is fantastic, i like dragon too, but his eyes not very much. But I must say this is one of the best spectacular enteries! :thumbsup:

One of my favorite entries so far, great stuff Smooth-criminal!:thumbsup:

This looks better every time I see it. Beautiful. I must agree that it is truly “spectacular”! I agree with the comments about the eyes, though- the monster is so elegant and realistic, the eyes look almost cartoony, and give it a very docile look. Maybe that’s what you’re going for, though… How about some water dripping from him?

I must say, this is quite possibly my favourite 3d entry. I love the composition - its just so damn easy on the eyes, and the sense of scale and the lighting is just perfect. The background is almost photo-real too.

It looks loads better with the improved leaves and the addition of people. Im really struggling to suggest improvements!

Im gonna have to be really picky now!

Maybe add a tiny bit of specularity to the eye
As dvelasco said, some water running off him would make him fit in with the environment more
Perhaps put a small family sitting on the grass in the foreground? Not sure what it would do to your successfull composition, but it might help establish the foreground scale. Those large pots by the tree on the left are kinda hard to judge the scale of. That way, you would have foreground, middle distance and background.
Add birds!
The people on the balcony seem a little too black. I know they are facing away from the light, but the ambient light would illuminate them a little bit.
Perhaps raise the railing to chest level so that their hands can touch it. Because some of the people arent touching the railing, they look a tiny bit ‘stick figurey’ in their pose.

Even right now, id say this is superb as a final image, but it would be ace if it would be pushed a tiiiiny bit more!

Superb work!

sergioKomic,rawwad,beelow,dvelasco :thanks for the suggestions again, i making some of the suggest. i hope to update today.:thumbsup:
Andy H: thankf for cit. i try with the birds but i don´t like the result, are too small i think… well i am adding 2 childs in the foregrund over the rock,… still have to make the water effect in the creature, but no good results for now, if you have some technique for make this quick will be apreciated.:arteest:

:eek: (first reaction) :bowdown: (second reaction)… Amazing…

another update, i add 2 childs over the right rock, to help the sense of scale of the image, i givi to the creature a little more wet effet to the skin, is more visible in the full resolution image,(still need to work a little in this part)add a little lighting in the top of the left tree, and correct the railing of the balconies,i think the next update will be the final image…(i hope) the crit. and suggestions well be apreciated.

Hey Gerardo,

Very strong image you have done and I like the addition of the people , they give a good sense of scale to the image.:thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup: The dragon looks much better than the last time I saw it . Good luck with this.

Great update .You put life to this image. It’s much better now- keep it up!
-SC

Great update! All of the problems are fixed now!
I cant find anything constructive to say now!
If i have to be ULTRA critical, i would say that you could use a few birds in the BG, and that the path on the middle left of the image is really bright and draws the eye to it.

Id say youre about ready to submit it any time now :thumbsup:

this image looks so so so so soooo good now… :bounce: impressive and majestic…

here are a close views of some parts of the image in order to show some details i hope to update soon the final image.

W O W!! :eek::twisted::eek::twisted:

It looks absolutely amazing, this is truly a spectacular scenary!! :buttrock:

THE NASGA LEGEND:

EVERY 200 YEARS NASGA THE ANCIENT CREATURE IT EMERGES FROM THE UNDERWORLD TO CONTEMPLATE
To THOSE SMALL CREATURES CALLED HUMANS WHO CONGREGATE THEMSELVES TO WAIT FOR THIS YEARNED MOMENT.
The TIME WAS HAPPENING And PEOPLE WERE LOSING The FAITH IN The CREATURE UNTIL ALREADY NOBODY WAITED FOR IT,
FROM THAT MOMENT NASGA I LET EMERGE.
The TIME To PAST, PEOPLE HAVE LEFT THAT PLACE OF MAGNIFIES BEAUTY WHOSE VIEWPOINTS WERE CONSTRUCTED FOR THIS
SPECTACLE OF THE NATURE. NOW THEY LIVE IN GREAT CITIES, And NASGA HAS BECOME A LEGEND THAT ALREADY ALMOST
NOBODY REMEMBERS.
WITH RUNNING OF THE TIME SOME CHILDREN WHOSE GRANDPARENTS COUNTED THIS HISTORY BEFORE SLEEPING REMAINED
BELIEVING AND WENT To THAT PLACE TO WAIT FOR NASGA.
WHEN SEEING THIS MANY OF WHICH THEY DID NOT BELIEVE, SEEING the ENTHUSIASM OF THEY, ALSO THEY WERE AND HAPPENED
THEN THAT SINCE HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO ,NASGA EMERGED AGAIN IN ALL THEIR SPLENDOR AND IT SAW IN ITS EYES
THAT WERE PLEASED BECAUSE STILL THERE WAS FAITH IN THOSE BEINGS WHO SURROUNDED to HIM.

I WANT TO BE THANKFUL To ALL BY The SUGGESTIONS,CRITICIZE And ALL The SUPPORT RECEIVED DURING THIS COMPETITION.
CHEERS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

this turned out just beautiful :applause: and a good story too… well done… :bounce: