Spectacular 3D Entry: Artur Malczyk

hello friend, sorry for missing your thread from the beginig, but is better late than never :wink:

i really like the modeling, the style on this buildings and the sense of scale make them really an spectacular image, detailing is comming very nice,
ok man, ill be keeping an eye on this one, see u soon:)

ok… I made some changes. I have resigned from the castle and the continent… only this what I made now will be seen in the scene. Still almoust two weeks left…

These are only simple and quick renders without any lighting and without mental ray. I started working on lighting and textures, so some hopefully noce renders will appear tomorrow.
I’m still fighting to finish this one:)

• Hi again Artur! Nice to see u are still in the battle! Hurry up man! Time is running out Let the textures come! :beer:

Hey Artur,

Great job on the modeling, very nice style for the bridge.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I am looking forward to the textures and your scene coming together, hope things come together quickly for you.

Ok… still fighting! I had a two days of hard work and did most of the texturing…

sorry… wrong image:)

Ok… still fighting! I had a two days of hard work and did most of the texturing…

more

more

more… any ideas why those black areas appear? it an Mental Ray case… and it happens irregularly… so if I render again they may dissapear or move to other location:)

more… any ideas why those black areas appear? it an Mental Ray case… and it happens irregularly… so if I render again they may dissapear or move to other location:)

And here is my plan… It will be abandoned ancient lighthouse, but a huge flame will still be there at the top, as well as some tourches on the ballustrade… I will destroy the bridge os that to emphasize that it was some time ago connected with the continent, but is no more. So water is to be made, fire and bridge to be finished:) So hopefully I will manage to finish on time

• Looking good Artur! :thumbsup:

OK… It’s a first test of the mood. painted orange areas are the places where fire will be. The title of the picture is “Birds’ Lighthouse” so I will make many birds flying around it, and sitting everywhere:) Water is still in progress, the same with the sky, it’s just a quick test with some picture.

beautifull tower.

I think that the base needs a little more grass.

light is very nice, just the shadow on this perspective look a bit strange… :wip:
jdd

low poly seaguls which will fly around the lighthouse

This is looking great, Artur!

As for your black dot problems with MR - do they go away if you render in a bigger size? Do you have MR displacement? I’ve had similar problems earlier which was solved either by rendering in a bigger size or adjusting the displacement length settings in the renderer (not in the material)
Hope you can sort it out - you’re running short on time now! :wip:

It’ just a test of a burning stack at the top of the lighthouse, it’s done with particle flow. Two particle systems are there and effects: glow and motion blur

Everything is ready now, but renderings in high resolutions are killing me… there was no single one which ended successfully… I’m trying to figure it out somehow