Spectacular 2D Entry: Sergey Skachkov

Hello! It’s second fragment of the background.

what can i say…spectacular!! my computer is broken :cry: :cry: i have to wait to reapir it

Hi Atris

Your getting towards the final image, going well no crits, excellent work
the architecture reminds me of Antoni Gaudí
http://www.xtrovertmedia.se/gaudi/hem.htm

My Spec
http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=9361
Im a little undecided with my own image
Patina!

Dear Atris…I just want to say that i dribble on each one of your update! you’ve a very special touch that put you on my favorite 5… very amazing and awesome work! good job man and kepp goin’on!:eek:

Hey… You just continue to impress! :slight_smile:

Your characters are looking great! Nice poses and you have put them in very cool positions and situations! Whats up with that Jesus guy? haha, is he the mandatory religious freak? Just kidding… :stuck_out_tongue:

Your backgrounds are quite stunning! Though i have one issue with them… I feel that the buildings near the horizon should be much smaller and fade against almost no height… Right now it looks like there is an egde by the horizon, almost like the “earth is flat” theory. Or maybe this is just me? If not, I hope you solve it! :slight_smile:

Keep it up!

Hi Atris

Originally Posted by Atris
Hi Paul!

That’s looking great! I like the background on the left better! And only I’d put character and bull a little farther. And it seems to me that the bull must stand idle. It’ll give the feeling that everybody is waiting! I think it’ll intensify the tension! It’s my opinion! Good luck!

[img]images/icons/icon13.gif[/img]  
                                             	Quote:
 	 		 			 				Originally Posted by [b]Atris[/b]
			[i]Hi Paul!

That’s looking great! I like the background on the left better! And only I’d put character and bull a little farther. And it seems to me that the bull must stand idle. It’ll give the feeling that everybody is waiting! I think it’ll intensify the tension! It’s my opinion! Good luck! :)[/i]

Hi Atris
Yes, this is the solution, I think you are right, I like your idea and I will develop it.
This is the great thing about challenges , artists can help each other , but you are
right it will add tension, like something is about to happen!
Thank you and good luck, I put your design in the top three, really its developing nicely!
Patina

Hi Sergey !.. Great GREAT coloring !:thumbsup: good luck to you !

Hi, Sergey. Great details. Amazing background. :applause: Good luck. I watch over you. :rolleyes:

Oro!
Thanks! I sympatize with you. And I hope you saved your work.

Patina!
Thank you very much! I’m flattered by your comment! Antonio Gaudi is my favourite architect!

Fiolka Alexandre!
Thanks a lot! I’ll work hard you to put my image on your favourite 3!.. 8))))) :slight_smile:

FrozZT!
Thank you for your comment!
I think that guy is just a actor reciting a ode! 8)))))
About the background… You are right in many respects! But we are not too high up so that everything loses its height in the horizon. Anyway, probably I’ll decrease the most distant buldings slightly.

chrom, HamsterFly, evilsong!
Thank you! I’m glad you like my work! :slight_smile:

Man …
So many fine detail … I respect that
Dont stop on those fine fine details ! Its those details you dont evan notice at first that make the big difference in the end !
I am a 3d guy so I cant say much more xcpt for
:drool: :bowdown: :surprised :drool: :scream: :bounce: :drool:

your work’s style is very good…i am waiting it’s end with curiosity…good luck
:drool:

zman, Kazim Doku!

Thank you very much! I really hope that my work will not be disappointing for you. :slight_smile:

Hello!
Here is what I have at present… And I’m confused. Something is wrong here. I need your advice and crits. Perhaps it’s not too late to correct it, because there is a lot of work ahead of me. Thank you in advance!

An excellent and beautiful image:thumbsup:

I´d say something about the beautiful light. Perhaps I should add more shadows to the top of the buildings.Eventhough there´s light coming from down, I think it isn´t strong enough to light up the top of them. For example,the buildings on the top right of the screen. With more shadows the bubbles should look more beautiful, from my point of view:)

Good luck!!

Zalo

what I have to say can be summarized by: ":drool: :bowdown: :eek: "

Fantastic! Details are amazing :thumbsup:

Beautiful updating. I like depth… A good atmosphere:thumbsup:

Gonzalo Golpe!
Thank you very much! I agree with you! It’s a very good idea! I will follow your advice! :slight_smile:

Fiolka Alexandre, rawwad, Nikolay!
Thanks a lot. I value your opinions very highly! :slight_smile:

To see this at full scale, it´s just amazing!
As mention, some areas could be slightley darker.
Even the characters appears to be too light. Since the main lightsource is so low in the horizon, only the shoulders etc. should be as bright as the whole of the characters are now.
These are just some minor details. You have done an exellent job with this!

I would say one thing to give this piece that extra Oomph - Make the floating ball thingies in some sort of spiral pattern, or any pattern that would cause us to focus on a specific area, add to the composition, make us look in a specific direction.

I didn’t really participate in the competition; I’m only just butting in now because this piece looks so good and I think it can make it!! :thumbsup: way to go