Spectacular 2D Entry: Pierre Droal

Beautiful concept and execution. Thumbs up.:thumbsup:

Am I glad I clicked on this one Arctis… that crash of waves… the storyline you’re drawing your inspiration from … is indeed spectacular. There is a William Golding shortstory that I’m instantly reminded of… what’s it called?..

…****; can’t remember :smiley:

in any case - by far and away the best ‘deity’-driven concept I’ve seen yet - hope your rendering does it justice :slight_smile:

Lovely work, Pierre, and an interesting story too. The hair/water is done particularly well - i love the flow or your work. Your Grand Space Opera entry also had such a magnificent flow. No crits from me. Good luck!

-mike

Lovely work, Pierre, and an interesting story too. The hair/water is done particularly well - i love the flow or your work. Your Grand Space Opera entry also had such a magnificent flow. No crits from me. Good luck!

-mike

impressive work i was fixcated on the expressions of the characters and colouring style is unique and wonderfull .very richin tones ,keep up the good work :thumbsup:

huh, very interesting image… and story as well. I’ll stick up with this theme to see some great techniques being developed :slight_smile: good luck!

Hi,

I’ve refined the front waves (not the background), and some parts of the chaman character, hair and clothes.

-ori@r.a.m , Koekebakker : thanks guys !
-Avatarist : wow, you put me under pressure : actually it’s no more a concept sketch, so you -can already see a bit how it will look at the end : my rendering is already a bit there.
-Walrus : thanx, Mike, and good luck 2 you too.
-madone01 : glad you like it, and hello to Jamaica. :wink:
-Ninjassassin : yeah, I’ll try my best !

Bye.

interesting concept and technique… i’ll wait to see more…:thumbsup:

I like this, great painting!

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

cool interesting concept, like your illustrating style :slight_smile:

Arctis, you’ve truly got something special here. The image is so striking. The look of terror on the face of the mother is very good. Your use of perspective is perfect in conveying the intensity of the struggle, the vasteness of the ocean, and the chaos of an ocean storm. Her hair of ocean waves is fantastic!

The tonal quality of the image seems a bit undersaturated, or perhaps it needs a bit more contrast. Something makes it feel a bit too washed out (no pun intended). But I know you aren’t finished with it yet and I’m sure you’ll address that.

I don’t post just to praise someone else’s work very often, but I think this masterful work.

Really cool. Definitely one of my favorites. I like expecially your style.

Hey, what an interesting work!:slight_smile: One thought. Perhaps I´d separate a little bit the wave and the woman face, to give more feeling of …wrapper hehe

I´m almost new on CGtalk and I saw your previous awards. Love the way of texture you put on your figures:thumbsup: Good job!

And good luck with your spectacular vision!

Zalo

That’s some really awesome work! Very dramatic :thumbsup:

Hi peeps,

• Ducklator, WildWire, Korline, Aritz, Mythmaker : many thanx, guys, it means a lot :wink:
  • Leebert : wow, thanx, man ! About undersaturated appearance, I must say that once on the web, my browser don’t show the same picture than Photoshop… I don’t know how it looks on your screen, but I try to have a subtile color scheme that may look wached out on a screen that isn’t configured like mine :slight_smile: I’m afraid it is a bit difficult to correct the problem…
    -Gonzalo Golpe : glad you enjoy ; I personnaly think it’s enough separated, a wave is something fuzzy that can’t have a clean, separating edge.

Cheers !

One word:
FANTASTIC !

The colors and composition are great!
One of my favorites!

This is very cool! Wow! Sorry I don’t have anything more constructive to say at this point… I think it was cool how you killed two birds with one stone by doing something for this challenge that you were going to do anyways!

the rythm/composition in this piece is:thumbsup: ! Figures are excellent also…and colors/lighting…damn, good job. Consistency in approach throughput the piece is great. k, I’m done.

Hi everyone,

I’ve added some foam and splash to the waves. Next step will be to add another color on the bottom, in order to have it warmer, and get a richer color scheme by the way.

Cheers