Spectacular 2D Entry: Mike McGregor

Mike McGregor is entered in the “Spectacular Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Nautilus Chase

Just some ship sketches to start with…definitely will have some sort of ships in the concept…but still trying to figure out what type and what action will be taking place…I guess the fun starts now!

very nice design, have fun with that :slight_smile:

Nice design indeed. Great looking sketches, looks very promising.:thumbsup:

More quick ship sketches…have a concept in mind now…an underwater scene with a update on Jules Verne’s Nautilus…more to follow…

Some more exploration for the Nautilus…more on the way

some additional Nautilus sketches with some quick composition ideas

Finally got the design refined…now just have to get the composition sorted…

Just starting to define the shape of the sub and throw it into a background…experimenting with colour…and comp etc…

very very cool. great build on the shit. maybe stars in the background? or is this an aquatic scene?

Just playing around with the composition etc…trying to get a dynamic feel…like it’s heading to the surface fast…being chased…

Hi Mike,

I like your concept work, nice details and perspective. Good luck.

Your picture is great especially design and colors.
For the speed impression I don’t hink it works for now; I think you should had dust, bubbles at the bottom of the ship or anything else that can be associated to speed and propulsion. Maybe motion blur also.
Good luck.

Just concentrating on the Nautilus details for the moment and getting the glass areas right…will get to the background later

Just getting Nautilus sorted shape and lighting wise…lots more detail to be added as this is the focus of the piece( windows, hatches, vents and structure )…and then plenty of detail to add in the background too…

Just getting Nautilus sorted shape and lighting wise…lots more detail to be added as this is the focus of the piece( windows, hatches, vents and structure )…and then plenty of detail to add in the background too…

still adding to the ship details…plating and vents up next…added a trail behind to show the path it has taken so far…

Added some more detail on the sub…structure…and added some sea grass foreground elements…

This picture turn beautiful even if the sensation of speed is always too low. MAybe with some effect at the front of the ship (like in finding nemo with the turtles).

Adding some more background elements in and shifted the colour a bit more from blue to green…