Spectacular 2D Entry: John Barry Ballaran

Lower, closer angle. The focus-in-the-middle-where-the-hero’s-standing composition is gone. This angle makes the hero look mightier, seeming to carry the group of arrow-shooting hotties; and it emphasizes the characters’ personalities, since we’ll be able to see their expressions better than the first composition. What do you guys think?

double post. damn connection’s lagging.

anybody know how we can take out a submitted information in the challenge page?

i like this angle better

but i think u should make the background richer in details, perhaps some mountains or a road full of foes, coming out from some place, or some more creature like foes

juts ideas

thats more like it~nice angle,dramatic enough!:slight_smile:

maozao, sh@ke: Yep, I’m sticking with this angle for this concept. Tnx for pointing that out maozao. I’m planning on adding some mountains, maybe a castle scene where those baddies are coming from, some dragons that the baddies are riding on, and I’m thinking on changing one of the good guys into some kind of monster… Anything to make the scene look chaotic.

Yes, Iam liking that dynamic angle! I Just was trying to figure out my figure the other night, I am also doing 3d as well, with my other concept! I would try to put more foes in the foreground or somethin’. Lookin’ great though! will drop by sometime tomorrow!

Yeah!!! You got it right with that new angle man! Lookin good!

Also, I like the idea of the magic beings (aka. arrow-shooting hotties) above dealing out the destruction.

The last comp is pretty dynamic. I like where you’re taking it, especially with a low angle. It makes those archers very imposing. Good stuff so far! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Now thats some cool developments you have done there, I do like the latest closer angle. The coloring is looking sweet too…keep up the good work :applause:

[ul]
[li]beelow: Hey, that’s cool man, you can do 3d as well? I’m still tryin’ to learn Macromedia Flash, and after that I plan on getting familiar with Maya and 3ds Max 7. Lotta plans with my CGlife, but first I gotta complete this challenge :stuck_out_tongue: [/li] I agree with you on the adding up some more baddies thing, it’s not lookin’ chaotic at all at the moment. Just wanted to get an idea for the angle before going into the details. Tnx for droppin’ by dude.
[/ul]

[ul]
[li]feeesh: Glad you like it feeesh. I’m going all out with this concept. It’s the one I wanna work on till the end. Hope I finish it :slight_smile: [/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]Nathaniel West: Tnx for likin’ man. Boosts me up even more to keep working on this. [/li][/ul]

[ul]
[li]element5: Tnx for the support man. I’ll further work on the coloring to make it cooler. [/li][/ul]

Here are the creatures that are gonna try to kick some hero butts in the scene and there are gonna be a lot of them too… I tried to stay as far away as I possibly could from the Orcish/Goblinish/Urukhaish look as much as I can, as feeesh suggested, but I still ended up drawing something that resembles those things. I guess it’ll do. What do you guys think? Drew those things in the back since most of these guys on the foreground have their backs turned against the viewers, since they’re gonna be facing the heros. Thought I’d add some things in the scene too that are pointing upwards providing contrast to the downward fall of the “enchanted arrows” to make the scene more dynamic. Oh yeah, I also borrowed this sword that I saw somewhere… I think it was a Warhammer illustration or something… It seems to suit the creature pretty well. I’ll just try to change it a bit so that I dont get sued or something for stealing the design. Thoughts?

Hi ahbeejieh,

I think this image has a lot of potential. The concept is very unique and would make for an excellent illustration. - J

Didnt want him to look too smart, so I ditched the upright posture and gave him a hunched down look. Made his other arm smaller too, kinda like a Fiddler Crab’s. They’ve been trained to strike hard with their right arm all their life that there was no further use for development of their left arm… I guess they just used that arm to pick their nose or something :stuck_out_tongue: Hence the unbalanced growth of the arms… Those spike things on their back still look like cheap props made out of styrofoam or something. I think it looks cool, and they use that to intimidate, kinda like a Cobra’s frills… The muscles on those things contract signaling that they’re ready for battle. It could even be something that picks up heat signature in the air, so that they can see in darkness, but I guess that takes it too far :stuck_out_tongue: It needs more development.

Didnt want him to look too smart, so I ditched the upright posture and gave him a hunched down look. Made his other arm smaller too, kinda like a Fiddler Crab’s. They’ve been trained to strike hard with their right arm all their life that there was no further use for development of their left arm… I guess they just used that arm to pick their nose or something :stuck_out_tongue: Hence the unbalanced growth of the arms… Those spike things on their back still look like cheap props made out of styrofoam or something. I think it looks cool, and they use that to intimidate, kinda like a Cobra’s frills… The muscles on those things contract signaling that they’re ready for battle. It could even be something that picks up heat signature in the air, so that they can see in darkness, but I guess that takes it too far :stuck_out_tongue: It needs more development.

Hi all. I havent been able to check in here as much as I could. There’s a problem with my internet connection and I’m still having it checked by my network. My connection keeps lagging, and it’s downloading stuff at a really slow rate. But I’ll still try to comment on some of the works here. I’ve seen most of the entries so far, and everybody’s lookin’ good! Keep it up!

Here’s my latest sketch. I just thought I’d expand a bit with my last sketch and kinda add some wings on the caster, as well as make his spell look even more powerful by adding the guys with the long swords at the bottom. I also added some more spectators at the background. The guy casting the spell is in some kind of test, and his peers are watching his performance or something. Hoping for your crits and comments. Tnx.

wow, this really is spectacular! Can’t wait to see where they go!!

:slight_smile:

hey!
You finally added som swordsmen! They look great! Though i think i like the concept better with the previous ones… A test is not as spectacular as showing your hidden powers to make a last stand for your friends! I say keep the spell with the swordsmen but go back to the previous scenarios…

I am liking the the previous concept.:thumbsup: I would work with that, It has a more interesting compo,I would go with the previous one, unless you can come up with something better?:shrug:

[ul]
[li]FourCrows: That makes two of us man :)[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[li]FrozZT: You like the swordsmen eh? :slight_smile: That’s a good point with the test thing. Only problem is, I dont know where to put the swordsmen in the previous composition I made… I’ll try and experiment some more. Tnx.[/li][/ul]
[ul]
[li]beelow: Yep, goin’ back to the previous one. And yeah, I’m still trying to come up with something better. I’m kinda losin’ the spectacular idea with this concept. I might even consider tryin’ out something else. We’ll see. Tnx dude.[/li][/ul]

Naks, okay yung dating ha. Definately like the concept, but i would go with another angle. Something more dynamic naman para ma enhance yung impact nang storia mo :smiley:
o sige, aabangan ko na lang. Goodluck din at salamati.

Ingat pre