Spectacular 2D Entry: Blaz Porenta

I flipped the image to see if it works fine, if the composition is ok and if every elements point to the main interesting area (submarine). I also added some more details, plants, and ofcors steam coming under the sub.
Thnx in advance for any comment and suggestion!

some water dropping out of the torpedo openings could be a nice add as well, slightly leavin a backwards trial to show the boat is about to move in :slight_smile: just an idea :smiley:

thats a great suggestion Sacha, it will be added in my next update :slight_smile: thnx!

Hey, You flipped image. I think there is no change. Some image which are flipped looks better and some looks worse, but your looks still similar good. :thumbsup:
You ask me which composition I mean? You know, I mean first which you started coloring, this is first ( you still coloring it :slight_smile: )
Keep great working!

Wow! I’M still amaze by your work!
Keep up! :thumbsup:

rawwad: oh, so Im going with the right composition than :slight_smile: glad to hear that. I did a lot of thinking during the process and adding different elements into the piece, how to place them so the composition and balance of the pic will be stable and ok from any direction. Im just glad that Im not the only one seeing that :smiley:

cyberarts: thank u very much for ur kind words!

Nicely done so far… I like it!
Maybe you should make a more distinct border where the sea ends… like a wall of sea… like Stargate gates :wink: I look forward to see it finished!

I prefer it as you just flipped so the sub goes from left o right(has a subconscious logical flow).

I’m not so sure with that half plane down there, or the wreck on the right. It somehow comes out of the corner not quite… (this is purely my subjective feeling) and seem really small comparing to the bot-foreground wreck.

I like your atmosphere, maybe if you lightened up the highlghts and darkened a bit the shadows would look more dramatic.
If you tryduplicating a merged layer set to soft light if in PS or reduced opacity overlay, might give you a subtle adjustement?
Keep posting quality work:)

Thnx for replies!
Both of u (Geci and evanfotis) gave me some nice ideas how to bring this piece to a higher level.
So, here is a plan what to do in next steps:

• water drops coming out of the torpedo hole and at the front point of the submarine (as if its just came out of water and still moving)

• some leaves, stones and branches laying on the floor (on grass)

• light efects (sun rays, maybe even lights coming out of the submarine… to show there is still life in it)

• maybe a splush where the submarine is geting out of the water (???)

• instead of that dark something-wreck on the right (last update) there will be a couple of castaways (parents) looking the submarine… they will be probably just silhuets, a dark area on the pic

• a kid on the boat-wreck (a son of those couple) pointing his hand to the submarine and looking towards his parents… very excited about the action

• birds, lianas, fishes… life around that will help bringing the scale to the pic, and help building the ambience

What do u think about that???

crazy beautyfull work very nice render here! i prefer the flipped version the sub’ comin more mysterious…maybe add some numbers or text letters in the sub’ or plane… lights effectcs are very good idea also the watter from the torpedo… congrats !

Little details here and there usually add to an image.
Take care though, not to overdo it (as is usual when artists indulge into this stuff) where these things start robbing from the image, and make it seem too sfx-gimmicky…

• instead of that dark something-wreck on the right (last update) there will be a couple of castaways (parents) looking the submarine… they will be probably just silhuets, a dark area on the pic
    • a kid on the boat-wreck (a son of those couple) pointing his hand to the submarine and looking towards his parents… very excited about the action

Got to see how you’ve imagined this first on paper.
IMHO in such an image, in order to retain the “gravity” and awe factor, human elements need exrtreme care when added.
They may easily turn it into a more comic style, or more cliche style, with the kid etc.
my two cents

hey there mang. i was just thinking maybe you can bring some light into the bottom left hand corner there. it might be this monitor but it seems like the image is really dark in that part of the composition.

anywho… BIRDIES! :wip::wip::wip:

Wow man, does impression! Excellent detail.

“Superbe”… love it! :love:

what beautiful colours and atmosphere… Good Luck. It look really spectacular!

L.

Hi Blaz! :slight_smile:
If it Bermuda triangle that I think running off of water from torpedo sluices and in general from a submarine should be and it moves.
Splashes I think should not be. :shrug: To make any luminescence at output from water (on a cut of water and air :buttrock: It will be fantastic!
In a cut of water there should be fishes…
Characters should not be entered, I consider it superfluous
I like very much your work! And last foreshortening
Good luck, buddy ! :slight_smile:
Excuse for my bad English…

better with each post.

Wow Blaz! That looks sooo fantastic and amazingly moody! :stuck_out_tongue: That mysterious look and great lighting make this piece to a MASTER piece!

Especially the vegetation is really cool! You should think of joining Peter Jackson’s King Kong team! :cool:

I can’t wait for next updates on your project!

Have lots and lots of luck & fun! :wavey:
-Gijs

Wow, amazing atmosphere !!!

:drool: Hey Blaz…looking really spectacular!!

The level of detail is really something. You’ve really captured the atmosphere.

The foreground ships are also making that sense of depth work really well…

Sorry I can’t add anything constructive at the moment but it’s getting late and my brain’s gone to sleep…keep up the good work :thumbsup: