Someone's impersonating me

FYI: Someone’s going around impersonating me spouting racist comments and pointing people to my site. I’ve gotten a few nasty emails from people claiming that I’ve talked to them. Just so everyone knows this is not me doing this.

sorry to hear that. hope everything gets sorted soon? Any way of tracking back through “view-source” or anything else like that if its’ all email based?

Maybe it’s that Dale Williams dude.:shrug:

Originally posted by hoochoochoochoo
sorry to hear that. hope everything gets sorted soon? Any way of tracking back through “view-source” or anything else like that if its’ all email based?

I would have no clue on how to do this. Not all is email based. I got a few nasty additions to my “Guestbook” from individuals as well.

maybe that kind of stuff is for a different type of forum but I did a google search here and this is a start of what I got.

Maybe I’m reading wrong - was this a joke? I mean I just saw the other reply you got?

Ive actualy got the same problem as you fiew months ago. There was this girl named “kary” who loved my work/site and she clamed my site as her own. She joined lots of forums and reseaved e-mails saying: hello kary i love your work… i wish you can teach me 3d…blah… blah. Then i got flamming mails… i was pissed.

One of my friend named “Ricardo” as told me that the misterious girl’s pseudo name was E=mc2 “a hacker”. But i got rid of her. i banned out of my site, all she wanted is steal my identity to cause me problems with online peoples that i dont know what the hell there talking about.

One of my friend named “Ricardo” as told me that the misterious girl’s pseudo name was E=mc2 “a hacker”.

Wasn’t she part of CgTalk? I remember her as the girl who loooovvvvveeeeedddddd anime

i remember her too

Yeah E got infamous for posting pics of someone else as herself (if it is a she) in the also infamous Show a Pic of Yourself thread. She got banned in the end for posting racist stuff, and the thread got canned by the mods (how nice of them).

yeah e=mc2 got into it awhile back with lunatique, don’t know what ever came of it though…

Hah, I had no idea that happened to “her.”

yeah, i remember her, i was gonna complain about her signiture once, but i must have found something better to do, cos i didnt. think it was her anyway.

hope you get everything sorted dude. that really sucks.

if people are being sent to your site - put up a new index page with the details of what is going on and then a new link to the rest of your site…
it’s really easy to do and YOU are pretty much the only person who can do it…
hope it helps

I actually did that in my “guestbook” for those that were posting hate mail in that section.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.