Dyer - a C++ version of my color shader

GlobalRotation - a C++ plugin of NAAMs global
rotation expression

http://home.snafu.de/bobtronic/plugins/Ambiente.zip
http://home.snafu.de/bobtronic/plugins/Dyer.zip
http://home.snafu.de/bobtronic/plugins/GlobalRotation.zip

have fun,

Bob

Sounds cool, Bob! I’ll DL and test drive them tonight, for sure.

Thanks Bob! Excuse my ignorance but what difference does it make to the user that the plugs are written in C++? Faster, more stable, easier to update?
Sorry I know nothing about programming, I presume there must be an advantage to using C++, I’m just curious as to what it is LOL!

Cheers - Baz

BazC -> C++ plugs are faster than COFFEE plugs, possibly more stable (there were some issues with COFFEE shader plugs before, might be solved in 8.5, don’t know), and potentially easier to update - at least for coders who prefer C++ over COFFEE.

The C++ SDK is also more complete than COFFEE - simply put: the coder can access more C4D features if he uses C++.

The only con is that they need to be compiled for each platform separately - once for PC and once again for Mac, and there may be minor differences making it necessary to have two slightly different versions of the source code.

Ah! Thanks for the info James!

thanks bob!

i copied the global rotation files into my plugins folder and i don’t see it once i restart c4d. i am using 8.207

sketchbook - Global Rotation is an expression plugin. You’ll find it if you right click on some object in the OM and check out the Expression Tag submenu.

much excitement. C++ version of ambient occlusion shader!

check downloaded folder. no xdl just cdl. excitement fades.

curse you, C++! you giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.

cheers, simon w.

Probably a dumb question, …but what does “Ambiente - a C++ version of the Ambient Occlusion shader” do?
How and when is it used?

Thanks in advance,

bunk

Originally posted by bunk
[B]Probably a dumb question, …but what does “Ambiente - a C++ version of the Ambient Occlusion shader” do?
How and when is it used?

Thanks in advance,

bunk [/B]

I believe it does very much the same thing as the built-in dirt shader.

this is the thread of the release of ao.
no, it´s not just a dirt shader. it is a complicated theoretical calculation that improves radiosity results…or so:rolleyes:

Originally posted by sad
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85951
this is the thread of the release of ao.
no, it´s not just a dirt shader. it is a complicated theoretical calculation that improves radiosity results…or so:rolleyes:

All I’m saying is that, AFAIK, the built-in dirt shader is also an ambient occlusion shader, so you could also use it to fake radiosity.

I presume this is Windows only? (Didn’t work on my Mac anyway)
Any plans to compile for OSX? - Baz

Originally posted by BazC
I presume this is Windows only? (Didn’t work on my Mac anyway)
Any plans to compile for OSX? - Baz

must be why i can’t get mine to work…:shrug:

not having looked at the plugins yet myself (their downloaded just haven’t had time to play) I’d look to see if there is an xdl file, ifnot then there isn’t a mac compile so it won’t work on macs

Hi,

Unfortunatly the plugins are only for Windows. It would be
great if someone can compile it for Mac. I have only Visual Studio
for Windows. I made these plugins mainly for me and the people
with C4D CE. But they run fine under R8.

Bob

OK, Thanks anyway! :o)

Adam and Sad thanks for your reply. The link especially was very helpful.

Cheers,

bunk

Thanks Bob, much appreciated ! a great new year to you as well…:thumbsup:

Hey there,

Happy New Year!

Thanks for the plugs! :slight_smile:

Using the Ambient shader inside a layer shader doesn’t seem to work. If I try to edit the ambient layer, I get a blank box in the attribute manager.